Prestashop saving changes in back office

rdubill

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing this problem.

Since I've been building a new site with Prestashop 1.6 I've noticed often that after saving my changes (be it products, categories, preferences, whatever) the changes are not saved.

I'll go back in and whatever I've changed has reverted back to the "old". On some occasions I'll go back to look at the change - it shows in the back office as not changed - yet when I view the product in a browser the change is there.

Quite often I've made a product change - it shows as changed when I re-edit the product - yet the old value still shows up in the browser????

I then wait an hour - or two - and now the change shows correctly in the browser.

I have cleared cache (both in the back office and browser) with no effect.

Has anyone seen this?

Any resolution?

This wastes a lot of time....

thanks!

Prestashop version?
If they do show after a few hours there is something odd going on with the server. As a quick test, you can change the shop enabled/disabled one and see if it does.
If it doesn't, go and check ps_configuration in the database, PS_SHOP_ENABLE key, and see if it's updated there

You might have google pagespeed module or another kind of caching mechanism active?

Pagespeed is not recommended by me since it's hard to control the expiration / cache stale.

Other recommendation is:

Log into you server and check the logs for errors. Sometimes an error log entry might direct to the cause ot an error.

We're using PS 1.6.1.13 in production and 1.6.1.15 for testing. Both do not have this behavior.

You have a server or hosting provider. Log into your hosting panel or hosting account and check for the modules which are active.

A typical indication for pagespeed to be active would also be that images, css or javascript resources get some kind of randomly added parts in their names.

Or post a link to your shops front end. There it could most likely see if pagespeed is active or not.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)

xpindia - can I ask what hosting provider you use?

I am trying to rule this out...

This is very...very...frustrating...have to make the same changes over and over again....such a waste of time....

What's fascinating is I've signed off and come back an hour or so later and now the changes I made show up!

What's fascinating is I've signed off and come back an hour or so later and now the changes I made show up!

This is a very clear hint to search the problem in some caching mechanism. There are a lot, browser cache (don't believe it is the problem), smarty cache, server cache, a caching module. I'd suggest the following for further analysis:

After you update a product which does not show as updated, log into your database and check the ps_product_lang table. Does the corressponding field contain the update?

If yes, you have to finde the kind of caching which prevents immediate update.

Just as an FYI:

Just went into Preference>Themes>Advanced Settings to change the directory from my theme to default bootstrap.

No matter what I try - after making the change and hitting save - it reverts back to my theme.

Now I know if I wait a little while and try again - it'll work!!!

Ugh....help!

Scully - I turned off caching completely in Parameters about an hour ago and now the changes I made in Preference>Themes>Advanced Settings took...

I know this will affect site performance but I'll leave it like this for a while and see if it happens again...

I'm about convinced it's a caching issue...

I'm just surprised I don't see more complaints about this...although there are some....

Have you heard of any issues like this using Bluehost hosting?

I would consider another host if this continues - although I could just be bringing the problem along with me....

Thanks for all your feedback...

To anyone who might be following this - late yesterday afternoon (7/31/17) I went into Advanced Parameters>Performance and changed the following.

1) Left SMARTY alone - that is left caching type at file system and checked never recompile template files.

Towards the bottom you will see a heading of CACHING...

I set use cache to no.

I'm not sure how the setting works in conjunction (if at all) SMARTY - or what impact (if any) this will have on my site's response times.

Since I made this change everything I save is updating instantly.

I'll watch this as I move forward with development.

thanks to all for your input...

To anyone who might be following this - late yesterday afternoon (7/31/17) I went into Advanced Parameters>Performance and changed the following.

1) Left SMARTY alone - that is left caching type at file system and checked never recompile template files.

I set use cache to no.

I'm not sure how the setting works in conjunction (if at all) SMARTY - or what impact (if any) this will have on my site's response times.

Thank you so much.... it worked for me to. :D

I have the same problem. Sometimes it creates products and sometimes it does not. With any browser.
One detail to keep in mind is that if you generate the ID since when you let me load I skip the number from which I do not record.
Use prestashop 1.7.2

If you can help me, it's URGENT.

www.mayorista-ropa.es

I have the same problem. Sometimes it creates products and sometimes it does not. With any browser.

One detail to keep in mind is that if you generate the ID since when you let me load I skip the number from which I do not record.

Use prestashop 1.7.2

If you can help me, it's URGENT.

www.mayorista-ropa.es

try the above option....

When emptying the cache of the browser and do not use cache of prestashop 1.7.2 could load an article but does not save the short description.
Some help
When emptying the cache of the browser and do not use cache of prestashop 1.7.2 could load an article but does not save the short description.
Some help?

I set use cache to no.

This one helped mee too. I had this issue about 3-4 months, very annoying. First 1.6.1.6 then updated to 1.6.1.15, still same problem. The 15 version had a bug fix mentioned related to cache in its changelog but apparently this did not solve it. The bug is still there somewhere and we need to find it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 11.11.2017 at 8:11 PM, lanterneled said:

So turning off cache in Advanced Parameters solved the problem?

I turned off cache on prestashop 1.7.2.4 and i keep  marnever recompile  template files and i still cant save any changes to product....

COuldnt find a solution. It dont save no matter what browser i am using.

The same for me ;/ Have You found solution?

• 1 month later...

I have for aover a wek checked to resolve this issue.
I use Prestahop 1.7.4.4   and unable to make any changes / update to any products I imported.   
I added a new product , and that prouct i can make changes to .  but the other 2000 products i imported , i can not make any changes.

anyone have or found a fix for this ???

Thank You

• 1 month later...