1.7 Watermark

Is it really no watermark module in Prestashop 1.7? According to what I can find Prestashop just acts like it's already there (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W6073P3QetKUQbr4qVQBOIj-EZURsNjdX7o2I0HpXKg/edit#gid=995399833) but I really cant find it anywhere.

Does anyone know if it could be downloaded somewhere or if it's coming soon or if we all just have to agree not to talk about this module anymore?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, redfordnl said:

After I installed module and added the watermark and saved I wanted regenerate images. After 500 internal server error, normally update couple times and all images are regenerated. Now I can't acces website or backoffice anymore because... What to do?

You have to clear PrestaShop cache and also your browser cache…. (Error 500 : many redirections …..)

• 1 month later...

> After 500 internal server error

Manually edit the .htaccess file and comment out (or remove) the line that says 'Options +FollowSymLinks':

# start ~ module watermark section
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

becomes

# start ~ module watermark section
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
#Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

Later versions of apache simply don't allow Options +SymLinks and will fill up your error log with:

[Mon Oct 08 19:33:23.373724 2018] [core:alert] [pid 9918] [client x.x.x.x:51973] /home/xxx/public_html/.htaccess: Option FollowSymLinks not allowed here

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have installed https://github.com/PrestaShop/watermark module but upon configuration I get the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error with the following Stack Trace, I have tried clearing cache and editing .htaccess as suggested by @cmroanirgo but I can't seem to get it working. Someone with a workaround ?

Attempted to load class "CategoryFetcher" from namespace "PrestaShop\Module\Watermark\Addons".
Did you forget a "use" statement for "PrestaShop\Module\BlockReassurance\Addons\CategoryFetcher"?

Store Information

PrestaShop version: 1.7.6.1

Server software version: Apache

MySQL version: 5.6.47

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-05-04T07-29-21.251Z.png

• 4 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 10:05 AM, silicon750 said:

I have installed https://github.com/PrestaShop/watermark module but upon configuration I get the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error with the following Stack Trace, I have tried clearing cache and editing .htaccess as suggested by @cmroanirgo but I can't seem to get it working. Someone with a workaround ?

Attempted to load class "CategoryFetcher" from namespace "PrestaShop\Module\Watermark\Addons".
Did you forget a "use" statement for "PrestaShop\Module\BlockReassurance\Addons\CategoryFetcher"?

Store Information

PrestaShop version: 1.7.6.1

Server software version: Apache

MySQL version: 5.6.47

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-05-04T07-29-21.251Z.png

In the file watermark.php change (around line 341):

$html .= $this->renderAddonsSuggestion();

To

//$html .= $this->renderAddonsSuggestion();

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Hi, I downloaded version 2.0.0 from the GitHub repository, but when I try to install the .zip file it tells me that the file format is not correct.

I have also tried to upload the .zip to the modules folder via FTP and it does not appear in the list of modules, and if I unzip it, it does not appear either.

Prestashop 1.7.6.5.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Prestashop Addict said:

When you download from Github, the zip is not in the Prestashop format. You need to zip the folder name of the module, and install it under Prestashop.

Hello, I do what you indicate and I keep getting the same error.
I extract the content of the zip folder and compress it again in zip format and it doesn't work.

Thanks

Sin título.jpg

Edited by cheteronda (see edit history)

il y a 52 minutes, cheteronda a dit :

Now I have been able to install it. When I hit configure it throws error 500 and I can't see the error because it won't let me activate the debug mode from ftp.

I commented the line in the watermark.php file but it still doesn't work.

Without debug mode it's difficult to help you 😞 Can't you activate debug mode in Advanced parameters / Performances

2 hours ago, Prestashop Addict said:

Without debug mode it's difficult to help you 😞 Can't you activate debug mode in Advanced parameters / Performances

I enabled debug mode before installing the module, but once I install it and hit configure, I get error 500 in the backend and frontend and I can't do anything.

I had to restore backup because it is not possible to see any error.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My approach is totally different: watermarks are added to the images when image size and formats are optimized for the web.

I use IrfanView (https://www.irfanview.com/), a free and stable image editor to resize images in bulk. It also has an options to add watermarks in a customize way.

The adventage over the watermark module is that IrfanView lets you set many parameters such as trasparency, watermark size and watermark position. It also results in faster loading of images.

Hope it helps you.
Navid 

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...