Front and Back office both 505 error after accidentally installing 1.7.1.2 prestablog over 1.6.15

Please help...

I accidentally installed the wrong .zip for 1.7.1.2 prestablog over my shop that was still running 1.6.1.15.

During the upload via Import Module in the back office the screen just went blank white.  Now both by back office and front office are just 505 error messages.

I have already deleted all the following files and nothing helped.

cache/smarty/cache

cache/smarty/compile

img/tmp

Trying to get my website back online before a show tomorrow.  Thank You in advance!

Please note...getting a hold of the developer is not an option as the send feedback to the developer says they are on vacation.

website url... www.brokenboxr.com

Edited by Lone_Ranger (see edit history)

You don't have a copy of your shop files? Most providers have, look or ask! Replace the module files with the old ones or give the module's folder(s) another name to deactivate the module, this should give you back your Front- and BackOffice.

And your provider? Or do you have your own server?

It should be no problem to use a new download of the module's files (maybe the ZIP is on your hard disk), the blog entries should be in the database, not in the files.

"Good Idea": No, not if you are not a professionell prestashop agent. For normal users there's no way to update from 1.6 to 1.7 at this time as far as I know.

I am copying over the modules folder to my HDD right now...then going to delete the prestablog folder from the modules folder...see if that helps.  Then if that doesn't work I will deactivate the modules folder like you suggested.  The blog was a new install so nothing added/nothing lost yet at least.