Price display not updating changing product attributes in Prestashop 1.6.1.15 using multistore

prime1974

Hi all.

We are having a very important problem with our Prestashop 1.6.1.15 installation on which we are using two different online shops with the multistore functionality on two different domains.

On our second store the price display on the product detail page for a product with different attributes is not updating, changing the product attribute at all.

We made sure that all the price information for each attribute is well set and working in the backend.

It seems interesting, that the product price is calculated correctly, once the product is added to the cart.

The functionality is working well on our first (base) store. Please see a typical product working well.

We made also sure that the id for "our_price_display" is correctly set in the price display, using a css modified standard theme.

Please see the screenshots to visualize the problem.

We are using:

Prestashop 1.6.1.15

with typical module set, except:

- Pretty URLs

- Dynamic Product Price

- Prestashop Customer Files Upload (MyPresta.eu)

post-18579-0-63021900-1501173063_thumb.jpg

post-18579-0-84438900-1501173070_thumb.jpg

post-18579-0-76868200-1501173080_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Prime 1974 - you have been heard.

We just made a test installation only for your issue.
- Set up PS 1.6.1.15. Set up multishop in the same shop group to share products.
- Set up product with new attributes (fridge, left side open, right side open).

We have changed the base price as well as the attribute prices (adding certain amounts for the attributes).
According to our tests all works correct. Base price changes as well as attribute price changes.

Example

Product in main store
https://nextrade.ch/2859-sibir-oldtimer-kuehlschrank-ot274-lg-lime-green-test333-neu.html

Same Product in multishop - shop3
https://nextrade.ch/shop3/2859-sibir-oldtimer-kuehlschrank-ot274-lg-lime-green-test333-neu.html

Check it out if you can. We would delete the multishop again after you have looked into our test scenarios.

My recommendation

Take your shop into maintenance mode at some appropriate time

Deactivate all overrides

Clear cache

Test again and report back

Edited by Scully (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for the efforts you made on this issue.

So then I have to deduce that it is more than possible that we have to deal with one of our bought modules (original modules from the addons store and two from mypresta.eu).

We have hundreds of products in our shop system (montagetools) and it would be very painful to set up two prestashop installations next to each other, because of modules destroying the most basic functionality in multistores.

Could you give some advice of what to do, or how to advance? We need the prettyurls module for the clean urls and have better search engines positions.
We need the dynamic product prices because of the "nature" of products we sell.

Once we buy modules from the prestashop addons portal, or mypresta.eu (which is driven by one of the most famous prestashop developers here from the forum) we have to be able to trust that the shop functionality will be maintained without getting us into the big problem we have now.

Thank you so much guys for your availability to help.

My recommendation - as already posted

Take your shop into maintenance mode at some appropriate time

Deactivate all overrides

Clear cache

Test again and report back

To goal is to find the shop stopper, therefore you need to run some troubleshooting. If the issue doesn't persist any more after disabling ALL overrides, next step would be to enable one by one and check again. As per my personal point of view, PS works fine with its default modules installed.

And yes, I know there are houndreds of modules out there. We alway try to work with the minimum required - we have our reasons to do so.

"We need the prettyurls module for the clean urls"

Why that? PS gives you good urls without any module. If you DON'T HAVE IDS in your products, this might be the culprit. I have seen cases where the missing ID stopped some services espeically with product combinations.

"We need the prettyurls module for the clean urls"

Why that? PS gives you good urls without any module. If you DON'T HAVE IDS in your products, this might be the culprit. I have seen cases where the missing ID stopped some services espeically with product combinations.

The Prestashop URLS are not ok like they are. Google advises to keep URLs simple and user friendly. Urls with IDs in them are not user friendly nor simple.

(https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/76329?hl=en)

If the prettyurls module really caused the problem, it would be really impressive that prestashop allowed such a module to be published on their marketplace.

If the prettyurls module was the problem, it shouldn't work correctly on both domains, but it works as expected on montagetools.de.

So far I am really thankful for your help and input. I will get in touch with the module developers in order to find out what the problem may be.

Have a great day! Grüße in die Schweiz aus Spanien :-)

Before bothering the developers I would first run a short test. Disable the pretty urls and try if this fixes your issue. If yes, contact the developer. If no: Do what I have suggested in my previous post. However, it's not really needed. The only change I guess is getting rid of the IDs. Instead of using a module you could also set the ID as last param of the URL. So it would look like /mycategory-123 instead /123-mycategory.

You don't have to frust  - but we have several shops running where the search results in appear on googles first page, some on position 2 or 3.

Best regards to Spain!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I not sure who coded it this way, but it has something to do with memcache server and seo url

I faced the same problem after I changed the seo url from {id}_{slug} to {slug}_{id}. Then, whatever i do with the product price is not reflect in frontend. Then I  found out I need to clear my memcache by restarting it, then it works. 

Probably caching is base on url, it should be by product id.