Country translation in client registration drop menu

Axel - CBNMinéraux

Hello all,

There is a bug in Prestashop, known but not solved for several years, that made me lose my first UK customer. 

The bug is that the dropdown menu "country", used by the customer to save his postal address, is not translated to the customer language, and remains in the backoffice language (it stayed in french in my case).

The only solution I found to solve the problem (thanks to the french Prestashop community forum) is to modify manually the database.
Link to the french solution here -> https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/261769-traduction-du-listing-des-pays-dans-la-langue-courant

Isn't it possible that this bug gets fixed another way than fixing it manually after language pack installation ????

Therefore, in the current state of Prestashop seriousness, i strongly advise anyone willing to open a webshop without webmaster skills (or without a webmaster support) NOT TO CHOOSE PRESTASHOP !!!!

Bugs better you should add to the forge (bugtracker), on where developers are working on. Developers rarely are reading in the forum.

http://forge.prestashop.com

You already reported your bug there ?

Sorry, but in my opinion to advise customers to don't use Prestashop only for the reason of a missing translation variable is indeed a bit hysteric and ridiculous advise. There is no real issue on the software just for that. Seems you forgot that you are using an open source software, which is not perfect. Nor proprietary software for which you pay is perfect. ;)

Selectshop.at,

This issue was marked as "solved" on the forge a looooong time ago, while not being solved at all...

And my negative advice on Prestashop is not limited to this one bug, but to all the issues I encountered since I began to use Prestashop one year ago, (bugs in the core, miscoding in official plugins, bandwith squatted by Prestashop robots...) and that made me spend so much time debugging instead of selling...

Of course Prestashop is free (if you forget to mention that half the plugins you need to use are commercial), but it's not a reason to have so much bugs in it  <_<.
[Open source != Buggy soft]

And therefore I don't feel hysterical (by passing, what a sexist expression !!), advising "noobs" not to use this solution they can't work with until they are skilled in databases manipulation, bugtracking and code fixing...

Now it's too late for me to change, 'cause I use Prestashop since one year, I've spent so much time make it work (relatively) well, I have +200 products references (+1000 products pictures) and SEO job done since, so I'm in an abscess trap with Prestashop.

So I just want to inform newcomers to e-commerce who hesitate between Prestashop and other solutions that they will need to "put their hands in the sludges" or to pay a professional webmaster if they want to have a working webshop.

Edited by Axel - CBNMinéraux (see edit history)

Well, if you are not happy with restasho you are free to use another software.... I'm with Prestashop since 2010 (version 1.3) and can say that this is a software with evolution. I'm also working on other OS projects and no one is really a 100% solution, so it's your choice to decide which one fits better your/your customers needs. ;)

Furthermore you can re-open the ticket on forge, if the bug is again available. This is the best way to have it debugged again.

BTW I never needed to pay someone to configure my shops (nor with OSC, Magento, Joomla, or whatelse I used before Prestashop). Prestashop is very intuitive and all help you need you will find on forum. Prestashop was responsible for that I got back to studies and make a diploma for IT, so I was a nooby like each other here, but with the interest TO LEARN. Furthermore I'm female, so a person with complete other logic, than males with technical affinity.