Creating a duplicate login menu on the main navigation bar and renaming it to VIP Login

You did not even mention your PrestaShop version in use.

I also don't understand the sense of such a login. What would be the benefit?

Creating a duplicate of my account would not be easy. The functionality is coded in classes (PHP) and several tpl files. Overall I think you had to change 10 to 20 files to do so.

HI, so sorry. I'm using Prestashop 1.6.1.14 and I'm new to Prestashop and trying to use it for a client who wants another login link created and titled Practitioner Login actually and not VIP Login. He wants to be giving discounts to these group of people so what I currently did was to create a CMS link and titled it Practitioner Login and added it to the Main Navigation Bar and directed the link to ...en/my-account. lol. That way everyone is using one login module but he doesn't know that. lol.

Thanks though. Guess I will now have to create a Special User group for the Practitioners and then apply their discounts but can it be possible for the new users to choose this group when registering?

User groups would be indeed the way to grant special conditions to a customer. Without any changes in program code, those customers would be manually assigned to this special customer group.

Automated assignments would require some kind of cron job.