How can I remove the Social Title in Prestashop 1.7

tony_mik

Hello.

How can I remove the social title (gender) selection in the registration in Prestashop 1.7.

I used to remove that from the .TPL files in Prestashop 1.6 but I can't seem to find the right file in this new version.

A little help please ;)

Regards,

Toni

• 1 month later...

Hello, hopefully you have resolved your issue by now, but if not and also for good use for anyone stumpling across this thread looking to resolve the same issue:

I have just been looking for the solution to this very problem too, and found it in this thread, kindly provided by the bellini developer:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/623679-help-to-remove-social-title-mr-mrs-in-v172/

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

On 28/8/2017 at 2:29 PM, jakjakjak dice:

I have just been looking for the solution to this very problem too, and found it in this thread, kindly provided by the bellini developer:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/623679-help-to-remove-social-title-mr-mrs-in-v172/

The thread it's no more available... Could you please share how you do that, I'm trying to remove it too.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/25/2021 at 5:06 PM, Daresh said:

Can't we just delete all the social titles in back office? Seems to be working, don't know if it has any side effects...

Hello. I a new prestashop developer/user - I don't understand what you mean by "delete all the social titles in back office" - is in database or in translations?

I also want to remove them (from the page) though, can you explain how you mean. Thank you. Greetings A.V.E.

On 9/12/2020 at 10:55 PM, RamboRich said:

To remove social titles (Mr and Mrs), you need to edit \themes\yourtheme\templates\customer\_partials\customer-form.tpl.

Find this line:

{foreach from=$formFields item="field"}

Add this code right blow it.

{if $field.name=='id_gender'}{continue}{/if}

Hello. I just wonder - since I'm new to Prestashop - would this change be lost if I'm not using a child theme. Greetings A.V.E.