PayPal Official Module 4.1.0 no option to add API credentials

Steigensoft

Hi,

I have this specific problem wherein I cannot configure PayPal credentials/api keys.

The backend module configuration form blindly redirects to PayPal site.

Its totally frustrating.

Is there some kind of step that we are missing in here.

post-1423359-0-79851700-1500731072_thumb.png

post-1423359-0-88584800-1500731080_thumb.png

You appear to be using Multistore and have the All Shops context selected?  Have you tried selecting a specific Shop Context first, and then visiting the paypal configuration?

Hi, 

I have tried this on multi store / single store  - fresh installation, single installation all type of modes.

Different stores too but still no effect.

I am trying to sell goods from India to the world and want Non Indians to pay via PayPal.

FYI PayPal is supported in India. 

post-1423359-0-19536300-1500814034_thumb.png

post-1423359-0-55213300-1500814042_thumb.png

Edited by Steigensoft (see edit history)

It does look like they have refactored the configuration page.  If I put the module into sandbox mode (settings tab) and then save, and then click on one of the Activate buttons, I get redirected to the Paypal sandbox register merchant account flow

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/US/merchantsignup/partner/applicationChecklist?productIntentId=additional_payment&channelId=partner

It assumes I do not already have an account and it wants me to register

I reviewed the remainder of the modules code and I cannot find anywhere that it would allow you to enter any existing account information.

Another 'well done job' by Prestashop and its 'official' module team

Ye I am having the same issue.

In one shop where I have upgraded the module it seems to work, in another where I have installed fresh, no API Creds'.

Just out of interest what version of PrestaShop are you using?  Because I had to update to the newest version of PrestaShop for a lot of things that "Worked" to Work properly.

this will be interesting!

Edited by Craig9634 (see edit history)

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, and I know you may have already looked into this but.... Are you running any top notch firewall software?  The reason being I am using ESET.  After creating the API and then going back to shop and installing the PayPal 4.1.0 Module.  What I didn't see was that my firewall/AV was blocking the configuration from completing.  When I knocked it off the API connection happened and now its all going great. 

You can then modify all settings in the module itself.

Check your browser and make sure that it is not blocking you also from continuing, it may be that the phishing filter is stopping the redirect!

I hope this helps, it worked for me and I am running again.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem, the previous version of PayPal worked fine but the upgrade has broken it.

I was able to get a bit further than what you've posted. When you click 'Activate' for the PayPal product you want it takes you to a sandbox.paypal.com address. If you then enter one of your sandbox email addresses, e.g. something-facilitator.yourdomain.com, it then takes you to another page with your main PayPal email address filled in and asks for a password.

That's where I'm stuck, it doesn't work no matter what password I enter and the password reminder option tells me there is an error even though I can use that email address to log into developer.paypal.com with no problem.

I tried to get around this by entering the API details directly in the ps_configuration database table of prestashop but the settings page in the paypal module still says API details are not specified.

I have a customer who is losing their patience as this was working and now it's broken.

I've tried to work through this problem with PayPal and they're putting ht blame squarely on PrestaShop, here is their reply after I sent them screenshots of what I'm seeing:

Thanks for the screenshots.

I am not sure why Prestashop links you to Sandbox. As far as I know it should link you to the live account. If it is linking to Sandbox obviously you have to provide the Sandbox password but I think there is something wrong in the link in Prestashop. You should check with them as this is a procedure to activate their module on their platform, I don't know what the procedure exactly needs to perform.

I thought it was something related to the password for your account but looks like their procedure having a wrong link or configuration.

Here you can find the link to your eCommerce online forum where you can eventually find other customers that had the same inquiry and found a solution for that:

The response from PayPal gave me the solution, turn off sandbox.

If you turn off sandbox and then click on activate you can log onto PayPal with your normal PayPal account and then give permission for Prestashop.

This only helps if you are ready to go live and switching back to sandbox after doing this tries to take you back through the sandbox activation which doesn't work.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...