PCRE problem (UTF-8 and Unicode)

Hi,

I'm new in Prestashop and I donwloaded to test it on my computer. Installation worked fine, it was simple and I follow the steps. But, when I want to access to some backoffice's parts (or even the help at first time), I got an error.

I'm testing on Ubuntu 16.04, with LAMPP. I got "500 error", and I can see the error when I change to "true" the "_PS_MODE_DEV_" at "config/definines.inc.php" .

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1139 Got error 'this version of PCRE is not compiled with Unicode property suppo' from regexp

At Prestashop's "bin" folder, I execute "pcretest -C" and the output: 

PCRE version 8.40 2017-01-11
Compiled with
  8-bit support
  UTF-8 support
  No Unicode properties support
  No just-in-time compiler support
  Newline sequence is LF
  \R matches all Unicode newlines
  Internal link size = 2
  POSIX malloc threshold = 10
  Parentheses nest limit = 250
  Default match limit = 10000000
  Default recursion depth limit = 10000000
  Match recursion uses stack

I have been searching a little bit on Google, and it seems PCRE wasn't compiled with "--enable-unicode-property" option (so, is it a Prestashop problem?). I found some solutions (people had more problems with UTF-8, but I thought it was similar), like this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35801425/xampp-mysql-this-version-of-pcre-is-compiled-without-utf-support-at-offset-0?answertab=votes#tab-top

Obviously, I have changed the folder, but I haven't be able to solve anything.

Regards and thanks in advance.

This is likely your PHP installation, or the PCRE library on your server.  I don't think this is anything to do with Prestashop

What version of Prestashop are you using that it contains a file named "pcretest" in the "bin" folder?

I'm using the latest version, 1.7.1.2. And I downloaded de latest XAMPP too. 

the "bin" folder of PS v1.7.1.2 does not contain a file named "pcretest", so I'm not sure why or how you are trying to test that.

I suspect this is a local issue with your environment setup.  I do not use XAMPP  so I'm afraid I cannot be of more help.