Is it possible to set different Tax rules for Products depending on the Group the User is in

The question is WHY? Because of VAT, GST, country of origin or something else?

The reason why is that I am trying to create a VAT Exemption store which does not charge VAT on the product, but will calculate VAT on the shipping. However, when I use a 'Group' discount structure of 20% (UK VAT rate), it doesn't calculate the VAT correctly which is causing us issues.

So... I have set-up Specific pricing for the Product (no VAT) and then would like to do the same for Shipping, that way there is no calculation for VAT because I have already done it.

You can exempt customers group, by using groups and uncheck the vat. This is a native feature of Prestashop. What yo cannot realize is DIFFERENT VAT FOR A PRODUCT. As native option different VAT are only possible by customer group, or geolocalization.

Add a new customer group and check the VAT option for that group.

post-741527-0-20836300-1499849837_thumb.png

VAT for shipping options are handled directly into the carrier configuration/features. They do not apply for customer groups of products as well.

post-741527-0-98558200-1499850012_thumb.png

Different VAT PRODUCT BASED is only realizable with customs module or change of scripts. This is natively not possible.

You can exempt customers group, by using groups and uncheck the vat. This is a native feature of Prestashop. What yo cannot realize is DIFFERENT VAT FOR A PRODUCT. As native option different VAT are only possible by customer group, or geolocalization.

attachicon.gifcustomer.png

VAT for shipping options are handled directly into the carrier configuration/features. They do not apply for customer groups of products as well.

attachicon.gifcarrier.png

Different VAT PRODUCT BASED is only realizable with customs module or change of scripts. This is natively not possible.

PrestaShop doesn't work out the VAT correctly when I do this. It will deduct the 20% from the product (as the customer is in a group with a discount of 20%, then it adds shipping and then deducts 20% VAT from the total of the Product + Shipping).

Prestashop version ? Don't have this "bug" you are having. Perhaps a wrong configuration or a bug from the version you are using.

The PrestaShop version is 1.6.1.9.

I have worked it out that if my Product is 20.80 excl. VAT and Shipping is 6.50 excl. VAT then the grand total is £32.76 with £5.46 VAT.

whLFIZl.png

I need for certain customers that the VAT is ONLY on the shipping and NOT for the product. However, when I add a customer group called 'VAT Exempt' with a 20% discount, the 20% discount applies but PrestaShop still add 20% VAT on the product too.

How can I have it so that VAT is ONLY CHARGED on the Shipping and NOT the product but for certain customers?

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

We have two warehouses, one in a EU country and one in a non EU country. How can we solve the VAT for this setup? If we ship from EU to EU there is VAT added. If we ship from non EU to EU there is no VAT added.

Do I need a module or is this a PS configuration option?

• 2 years later...
On 7/12/2017 at 11:00 AM, selectshop.at said:

post-741527-0-20836300-1499849837_thumb.png

post-741527-0-98558200-1499850012_thumb.png

How do you automatically add a customer to a group though?

For example if the company and VAT fields are not empty, add it to 'Business' group. Do you need to edit create account code?