one source code multiple databases in prestashop 1.7

peterbasutkar

Hi , 

Requirement : Different eshop/websites to refer one source which is connecting to different databases based on domain

Environment : Cloud Linux , easy apache , php , mysql , cPanel/WHM

Description : We are having two eshops , abc.shop.com(dbname : abc) should connect to databse abc and apache should refer common source located at /home/<directory-source-code> and def.shop.com(dbname : def) should connect to databse def and apache should refer common source located at /home/<directory-source-code>

In Short both the eshops/websites are having common source code but connecting to different databases

Trial and Analysis : we have virtual host entries in apache , i changed document root location for both the websites and permission also i tried with enabling and disabling cache also ,  but getting error attached

is there any way to achieve one source code and multiple databases for each websites using prestashop 1.7 

post-580460-0-36280900-1499596885_thumb.jpg

Edited by peterbasutkar (see edit history)

deleted post....

I had the idea of using htaccess to redirect your db config file according to domain to a domain spefific setting.

However this wouln't work since php require or include commands are direct file access command and don't go through the apache server.

Second problem is see:

There are many files stored on your storage once you set up your shop.

For example product images, logos etc etc.

If you would use one source code but two databases this would immediately lead to problems.

Example:

You add your first product images in database A. This product gets die product id 1. Hence, all images are linked to a path including the product id 1.

If you add the first product image in database B, it would also get the product id 1. Hence, the first image would be overwritten.

Similar problems would follow at different places.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)