Site is down, need help bringing it back

mcbole62

I recently moved from a shared host to a VPS on Bluehost.   Which by the way are horrible.  But until I can find the time to move to a new host I'll live with them.

So I moved to the VPS and now customers are reporting a white screen, although I get a 500 error.  I need someone to look at it to see if they can find out why the site is down and out.    I am leaning towards something to do with PHP but that's just a guess.  

Is anyone available to look at it immediately. It's been down for over 72 hours and I need it back asap.

Thanks...

Matt

Here are some error's I'm getting when I try to access the site:

[08-Jul-2017 23:54:52 UTC] PHP Warning: require(/home/hobbywo1/public_html/Store/config/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hobbywo1/public_html/Store/index.php on line 27

[08-Jul-2017 23:54:52 UTC] PHP Warning: require(/home/hobbywo1/public_html/Store/config/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hobbywo1/public_html/Store/index.php on line 27

[08-Jul-2017 23:54:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/hobbywo1/public_html/Store/config/config.inc.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/hobbywo1/public_html/Store/index.php on line 27

I have been able to get my back office to appear.  Seems the config folder somehow got renamed to config-0.  

Now I can't get the consumer side up and running.  I'm getting this error message:

[08-Jul-2017 20:08:04 US/Eastern] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Category' not found in /home/hobbywo1/public_html/Store/modules/blocktopmenu/blocktopmenu.php on line 480

And this is line 480:

$this->_menu .= $this->generateCategoriesMenu(Category::getNestedCategories($id, $id_lang, false, $this->user_groups));

Does anyone know what Category file it's looking for or where I can look to see if it is there ?

I think somethin went wrong with your directory structure. All errors you posted point to this very likely cause because the files needed to properly run prestashop aren't there or the are in different folders than they should be.

Your can now try the following to approaches:

1) Check the error log for each action you make. For example check that for /home/hobbywo1/public_html/Store/modules/blocktopmenu every directory and its subdirectories exist. This might be a long process however because PrestaShop consists of probably hundreds of directories.

2) Make a second attempt to completely reload all data from your backup, which could be the more reliable way.

Scully,

Thank you for your response.  I was able to get the back office and front office up and running on my computer although a few customers are telling me they still can't see the site.   When I check the log, I'm seeing a number of errors all revolving around the PHP Fatal error: Class 'Category' not found  in various files, so my question is still where should this file exist for Prestashop to find it ?   Seems to be the culprit.

Where is the problem?

PHP Warning: require(/home/hobbywo1/public_html/Store/config/config.inc.php):

failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hobbywo1/public_html/Store/index.php on line 27

When you see errors similar to the one above, just follow the path, in the example the bold one.

Explanation:

The file /home/hobbywo1/public_html/Store/config/config.inc.php

requires another file referenced in line 27 which is

/home/hobbywo1/public_html/Store/index.php

The latter wasn't existend. It could be a failure in direcotry strucuture (one or several direcotries or subdirectories were missing or the filename itself was missing.