Redirectmatch Permanent (301) after Friendly User URL modification

Pecatum

Hi all,

My problem is the following:

1. I want to change the products URLs from:

{category:/}{id}-{rewrite}{-:ean13}.html

to 

{category:/}{rewrite}-{id}{-:ean13}.html

2. After trying to find a solution across the Universe, I've just considered this solution for .htaccess:

RedirectMatch permanent /[^/]+/([0-9]+)-(.*)-([0-9]+)\.html$ /$2-$1-$3

3. It doesn't work :-(.
'
Any ideas? I've tried several alternatives in typing, I've got to understand the patterns format... but I cannot find the problem (I'm not a developer, though I "understand" the code).

Thanks a lot in advance!

* The change is due to our SEO Agency advice, though I've also read in many webs that moving the product ID to the end of the URL is not THAT important for Google...

I confirm that's not a good idea ! IDs in the url is not so important. The most important is to have stable (in terms of duration) URLs. So my advice is : do not change anything !!!

Thanks a lot Johann! I didn't have the intention to change it, but the "expert" of our SEO Agency is telling us all the time. I will try to convince them...

Greetings,

Manu

Pecatum Gourmet Shop

Once you have a shop up and running, pages indexed and visitors, It's most likley that a change of URL settings would comprompise search results as well as visitors frequency. ID at the end might be better, but it isn't as important as I would change it on a running system.

• Like 2

Once you have a shop up and running, pages indexed and visitors, It's most likley that a change of URL settings would comprompise search results as well as visitors frequency. ID at the end might be better, but it isn't as important as I would change it on a running system.

Thank you too, Scully. I will leave as it is. Not only that, we would also have to modify all the previous links we had made in the past. I.e., a message in Facebook, or in a forum, or...

So I won't touch anything  :)

• Like 1