Insert customer order shortcodes into new order state email

Hello,

I created a new order state, cloned the order_conf.html email and adjusted it (added and deleted some info). Everything works fine but some of the shortcodes work, some not. For example the {firstaname}, {order_name} or {total_paid} shortcodes work. But the rest ({products}, {date}, {carrier}, {payment},...) is not working - showing just the shortcodes is shown in the email.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It really depends on when it's fired, what is the status attached to? Some variables might not be available, the order_conf one fires from a specific point in PaymentModule.php

Hello Nemo,

Yes, now I know that there is a difference when it is fired. I need to send mediately after the order an universal email saying just we have received the order. After we check it and we can fulfil, I would like to send the regular order confirmation. But here is the problem, that the email contains nearly no order data.

We have a stupid law, that if we confirm automatically and than can't fulfil, we can be punished. Automatic confirmation means something like a signed contract (or something like that).

It seems I found a guy who will make some changes so after we test it, I will post an update.

Or do you know about a solution for this?