Featured products not showing

'Woger

I have the default theme installed and removed the demo products and added a few new products. While the demo products where shown on the home page, the new products don't. The products are enabled and in a category under home.  I think I am forgetting something but don't know what.

If someone can point me in the right direction would be nice  :) .

System is 1.7.1 

Thanks,

Roger

Home Category should be fine.

1. Eventually you check they new products have the id_category = 2 set or the category is the exact one which is also set for the default products.

2. Clear cache. It should refresh automatically, however but to make 100% sure you don't load old data.

3. And perhaps you also check not only enabled but also the visibility of new products.

4. Reset the coresponding module if non of this helps. Go to modules -> Look for homefeatured -> Button -> reset

If you run a multishop, check the products are set available under the shop_id you are looking for.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)

The category the products are in are not in 2 (Home) but in another category under Home. 
I am not using cache because still in build mode ;-)

The products are visible by using the menu, but I am not sure what you mean by visibility
I allready did a reset of the module, but still nothing on the homepage.

If I check the code of the page, the Featured Products is also not showing.

Thanks for the help,

Roger

Ok,

I am a little further.
My categories look like this: Home - 2 categories (2 brands) - Every brand has about 6 categories.

The test products are in a category under the brand category. If I use the standard settings in the module config (category is 2), it show nothing. When I set the Brand category it shows nothing. But when I set the subcategory it shows the products on the homepage. I don't think this is the wanted behavior for this module. I guess it should use all products under a certain category including subcategories.

Post a link to your shop please.

And to clarify, featured products only appear, if they are linked to the main category. Which was up to Prestashop 1.6. the category id 2.

Subcategories are not relevant in terms of products appread on home featured module.

Now, it don't see any products in home featured. But one mor tipp:

The settings of home featured allows you to define the ID category for which the products should be shown.

Default is 2 as mentionned.

Check which ID you have. This is what the module should search for.

Go to -> modules -> home featured -> settings

Yes,

But I thought it would take products from all subcategories also, but it just takes products from the the category itself. So if I set it on category 2 (Home) and I have 5 subcategories in Home with all products in those subcategories it won't show any products, becauses the category Home doesn't contain any products, just subcategories.
I'll look for a plugin which can do that.

Thanks,

Roger

This is the intended behavior.

Home featured checks if one specific category is enabled for a product. If this category matches the one in the modules settings, it shown.

So if you have cat 2 and below that cat 3. And you choose cat 2 to be the one shown in the settings, it does NOT show products, which only have cat 3 set but not cat 2. To achieve this, you have to set cat 2 and cat 3 in the products. So all or some products must belong to home, if home is set in home featured module.

The module DOES NOT track down subcategories.

• 4 years later...
On 6/28/2017 at 3:24 PM, Scully said:

Home Category should be fine.

1. Eventually you check they new products have the id_category = 2 set or the category is the exact one which is also set for the default products.

2. Clear cache. It should refresh automatically, however but to make 100% sure you don't load old data.

3. And perhaps you also check not only enabled but also the visibility of new products.

4. Reset the coresponding module if non of this helps. Go to modules -> Look for homefeatured -> Button -> reset

If you run a multishop, check the products are set available under the shop_id you are looking for.

In 1.7.8 there's still a problem. When you reset the theme settings (maybe because you've created a new hook or something like this) the modules showing products in the home stop working. I had tried the first 3 points but they didn't solve the problem. After resetting the modules the problem has been fixed. Thank you!