romper

Mutliple categories and subcategories CSV import

Hello,

I import products through CSV import and it works great. However I can not import multiple categories and its subcategories. I have following tree of categories and subcategories that one of my product belongs to.

• Backpacks (main category)
    •          Bicycle backpacks(subcategory)

• Backpacks (main category)
    •          Bags(subcategory)

• Travel (main category)
    •          Bags (subcategory)

In my .CSV file I refer to this category tree in this way:

Categories (x,y,z...)

Backpack, Bicycle backpacks, Backpacks, Bags, Travel, Bags.

CSV importer links some but not all categories and subcategories with a product. How to solve it. How can I match all categories and subcategories with a product.

Thank you,

Edited by romper (see edit history)

I solved my issue. If you want to transform your category and subcategory tree into csv import format , you should use slash / to specify dependencies between your category and subcategories. If you have more than one category, you should separate them by comma.

So my csv import category table looks like this:

Backpacks/Bicycle backpacks, Backpack/Bags, Travel/Bags

Edited by romper (see edit history)

I've been struggling with this for over a month.

My Categories csv loads perfectly but when I import Products, additional categories are created. The / method leaves me with a a tree with sub categories within Parent categories and vice versa. Prestashop support are useless, Teapot never get back to me, I have spent nearly £1000 on 'Experts' who just seem interested in taking money.

Are there any Experts on here that can give me real advice on how to correctly format these sheets?

Just Use category id instead of the words. Put the last ID of the category. Example Home(id:1),Bycicles(id:2), Wheels(id:3) in the spreadsheet at the voice Category x,y,z just put the number 3