Installer looping on 1st screen - Prestashop

Installing Prestashop 1.7.1.2 on Windows Server 12 and IIS.

When I set the browser to the web site folder, the graphics and counter appear but then it just repeatedly loops round counting from 0% to 100%.

I'm new to Prestashop, and not an expert in MySQL or PHP, but my first guess is it is an access rights issue, though I can't find any log files to look into, to see what is going wrong.

If my guess is right, what user/group is the install done under, and what rights do they need?

In the folder, the following rights are in force:

Full control: TrustedInstaller, SYSTEM, Administrators, CREATOR OWNER

Read & Execute: IIS_IUSRS, Users

Many thanks for any assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, after a session refreshing myself on the basics of PHP (which I hadn't used for 15 years) I've made progress with this.

On Windows, during the install the Users group needs full access rights to unzip the files.

But then I get this error:

Warning: rename(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\shop_nmeatools_com/index.php.temp,C:\inetpub\wwwroot\shop_nmeatools_com/index.php): Access is denied. (code: 5) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\shop_nmeatools_com\index.php on line 63
{"error":false,"numFiles":17509,"lastId":18000}

As the Users group has full control of everything, and this has come up a couple of times in the forum, I'm not sure what to try next.

With a couple of unresolved reports of this elsewhere in the forum, and the many comments suggesting that 1.7 is still buggy compared to 1.6, I installed 1.6.1.14 without any problems.

Edited by tim.thornton@teamsur (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Installing Prestashop 1.7.1.2 on Windows Server 12 and IIS.

When I set the browser to the web site folder, the graphics and counter appear but then it just repeatedly loops round counting from 0% to 100%.

I'm new to Prestashop, and not an expert in MySQL or PHP, but my first guess is it is an access rights issue, though I can't find any log files to look into, to see what is going wrong.

If my guess is right, what user/group is the install done under, and what rights do they need?

In the folder, the following rights are in force:

Full control: TrustedInstaller, SYSTEM, Administrators, CREATOR OWNER

Read & Execute: IIS_IUSRS, Users

Many thanks for any assistance.

same problem over Windows IIS, and server is running right with 1.6.x.x since years