Embed Video on Home Page of Prestashop

Did you try clicking the "Insert / edit embedded media" icon (the film icon near the end of the third toolbar row) in the TinyMCE editor in the "Home text editor v1.6" module? It gives you the option to embed a SWF file, QuickTime Video, Shockwave, Windows Media Video or Real Video.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Did you get this resolved? I am having the same issue. I am running on PS 1.4.6.2 and I had a video on the front page a couple of days ago and now it is not working. I have tried countless times to add it through the embedded media format and also tried uploading it but it does not take the file. Please let me know how to fix this. 

• 3 months later...

I am using Presta 1.6.0.5 and when I try to insert video in Home text editor either I can not upload because format is not supported (tried *.mov and *.wmv) or it looks like file is being uploaded,I see green check sign,but can not see the file.I tried to find file via ftp but no success.Any idea how to solve this?

I tried to upload on module page but with no success.I created new folder "test" successfully, but files are not uploading.As I said some files are "green checked" but they are not uploaded to current folder.And I can not find them anywhere else.

I uploaded files via FTP to .../img/cms/test folder but when I embed them I got this message in player "No video with supported format and MIME type found".

I uploaded exactly the same files to my root directory,embeded them and everything works just fine,but only *.mp4 can be played!!! I got error ("No video with supported format and MIME type found".) for *.flv, *.swf, *.wmv, *.mov and *.avi

So I managed to solve my personal problem :)
But I think something should be done with this uploading and playing problem,and I do not know what :)

p.s. Sorry if my english is bad.

post-777156-0-75237600-1397495282_thumb.png

post-777156-0-09683300-1397495285_thumb.png

post-777156-0-08185500-1397495286_thumb.png

post-777156-0-13203800-1397495287_thumb.png

post-777156-0-92919500-1397495287_thumb.png

post-777156-0-32840400-1397495592_thumb.png

Edited by filediol (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to upload on module page but with no success.I created new folder "test" successfully, but files are not uploading.As I said some files are "green checked" but they are not uploaded to current folder.And I can not find them anywhere else.

I uploaded files via FTP to .../img/cms/test folder but when I embed them I got this message in player "No video with supported format and MIME type found".

I uploaded exactly the same files to my root directory,embeded them and everything works just fine,but only *.mp4 can be played!!! I got error ("No video with supported format and MIME type found".) for *.flv, *.swf, *.wmv, *.mov and *.avi

So I managed to solve my personal problem :)

But I think something should be done with this uploading and playing problem,and I do not know what :)

p.s. Sorry if my english is bad.

I have the same problem Prestashop 1.6 will not let you play a video on the product page.

The video I am using plays on all of the browsers through a html page.

My htpp.conf file is correct as is my mime file.

If using the video link on the Large description page you can get the file manager to upload and give a green tick but it does not upload the file giving a blank page.

If you enter the code for your video whether it is wmv, avi ,ogg etc direct into the source box Prestatshop fails to find the file giving you a question mark in the video box for the product page.

We have spent days on this without success.

If you source you video direct from youtube it works but we want to source our video from our own server.

Does anybody have a way of resolving this problem.

Regards

• 5 months later...

Thank you  for you post Vekia .

I have followed the download instructions and have the message 'The module was successfully downloaded. 

Ican't find the file though.

In the modules - list of modules section there is no file  'htmlbox.zip' . I do not know where the file has been downloaded to. 

Thank you for your advice. 

Kind regards

Len

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear All! I need support or help to this problem. I have been trying to upload a video in one of the category - text editor in prestashop 1.6.1.14 but shows a question mark "?" in the text editor box.. I have tried using mozilla firefox in the front end and says "No video supported format and mime type..". When I try with google chrome browser..the video plays but only audio and shows "black" background - when i use internet explore - it plays well with both sound and video showing. I request for help such that the video can play in all browsers. Please help. Thanks

Derrick