[SOLVED] DISPLAY ALL PICTURES keep disappearing

Hi there,

Did anyone notice that in the PRODUCT PAGE the DISPLAY ALL PICTURES where all the pictures of the products are in thumbnail usually disappears when I do a color picking or selecting the combinations. is this normal ? I had to click DISPLAY ALL PICTURES again and again ... is there a way to make it not disappear ?

I am using prestashop 1.3.1

Regards
Archproject

I think it is normal. It is a feature that was added to PrestaShop v1.3. The "Display all pictures" link should only be displayed when some of the images have been hidden because a combination was selected. When all pictures are already being displayed, the link disappears.

Thanks for replying rocky,

Ok so does that mean when I select the color as white the thumbnails will show white color product thumbnails only ... ?

I am using the combination generator and there is no way to make the white thumbnail to be assigned to the color white

i hope i am making sense

Yes, if you go to the "3. Combinations" tab and assign white images only to all combinations with white, then only those thumbnails will be displayed when a combination with white is selected, and clicking "Display all pictures" will return the view to all product images. Unfortunately, you must assign the image one combination at a time, which is time-consuming if there are many combinations. You can't assign images from the "Product combinations generator".

Thanks for the clarification .....

Now to make the process faster I just generate the combination first from the "product combination generator" first then I modify one by one to select the right color with the right picture color heheheheh ... it's tedious .. I hope someone can figure out another easier and faster way to do this.

• 1 month later...

Think I've figured this one out as it was completely unsustainable to keep linking everything. The edits below leave the feature still working to show the correct image if you have linked them, but without hiding the rest.

In yourtheme/js/product.js, just comment out the bit that hides the thumb list, and in place of "i", put the maximum number of images you expect to have (I put 10), otherwise the thumbs list will only be wide enough for the number of images that are linked to the attribute. Affected lines for me are 309 and 318. Result looks like:

// Change the current product images regarding the combination selected
function refreshProductImages(id_product_attribute)
{
   $('#thumbs_list_frame').scrollTo('li:eq(0)', 700, {axis:'x'});
   /*$('#thumbs_list li').hide();*/
   id_product_attribute = parseInt(id_product_attribute);

if (typeof(combinationImages) != 'undefined' && typeof(combinationImages[id_product_attribute]) != 'undefined')
   {
       for (var i = 0; i < combinationImages[id_product_attribute].length; i++)
           $('#thumbnail_' + parseInt(combinationImages[id_product_attribute][i])).show();
   }
   if (i > 0)
       $('#thumbs_list_frame').width((parseInt(($('#thumbs_list_frame >li').width())* 10) + 3) + 'px'); //  Bug IE6, needs 3 pixels more ?
   $('#thumbs_list').trigger('goto', 0);
   serialScrollFixLock('', '', '', '', 0);// SerialScroll Bug on goto 0 ?
}

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Think I've figured this one out as it was completely unsustainable to keep linking everything. The edits below leave the feature still working to show the correct image if you have linked them, but without hiding the rest.

In yourtheme/js/product.js, just comment out the bit that hides the thumb list, and in place of "i", put the maximum number of images you expect to have (I put 10), otherwise the thumbs list will only be wide enough for the number of images that are linked to the attribute. Affected lines for me are 309 and 318. Result looks like:

// Change the current product images regarding the combination selected
function refreshProductImages(id_product_attribute)
{
   $('#thumbs_list_frame').scrollTo('li:eq(0)', 700, {axis:'x'});
   /*$('#thumbs_list li').hide();*/
   id_product_attribute = parseInt(id_product_attribute);

if (typeof(combinationImages) != 'undefined' && typeof(combinationImages[id_product_attribute]) != 'undefined')
   {
       for (var i = 0; i < combinationImages[id_product_attribute].length; i++)
           $('#thumbnail_' + parseInt(combinationImages[id_product_attribute][i])).show();
   }
   if (i > 0)
       $('#thumbs_list_frame').width((parseInt(($('#thumbs_list_frame >li').width())* 10) + 3) + 'px'); //  Bug IE6, needs 3 pixels more ?
   $('#thumbs_list').trigger('goto', 0);
   serialScrollFixLock('', '', '', '', 0);// SerialScroll Bug on goto 0 ?
}

YES. thank you goosedesign. i was frustrated for a whole day until i found your post. thank you for sharing!

• 1 year later...

Hi

Does this work in 1.5.2? I've tried this with the default theme and when I choose a combination the other thumbnails disappear and I get the Display All Pictures link, but what I am after is that the thumbnails dont disappear in the first place and this change doesn't do that as far as I can see.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Does this work in 1.5.2? I've tried this with the default theme and when I choose a combination the other thumbnails disappear and I get the Display All Pictures link, but what I am after is that the thumbnails dont disappear in the first place and this change doesn't do that as far as I can see.

This worked for me my-name. I have 1.5.2.

Just follow goosedesign's instructions.

Thank you to goosedesign.

• 3 years later...
Guest locen

Hi, i have this problem with combinations:

- I enabled the combinations and with the first visualization you show also photos that are only for the other combination.

- Then if you change combination and you rechange combinations like the first time all photos are will be ok like image associated with the combinations. 

can anyone help me?

thanks