International shipping

I am building up a website, and I currently don't want to shell out the money for a USPS module that configures international shipping.  However, I do have eBay customers from around the world and I would like to have it set up where when an international customer tries to check out or add something to a cart, they'll get a pop up saying something like "We do ship worldwide, however, please send me an email with the item #'s your'e interested in and your address so i can configure the shipping cost for you".  If anybody can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum,

and please be more polite, you posted on Saturday and had patience just until Sunday. 

Note it is weekend and also expect 1-3 but also if you do not get replay think if you could give more info

on your issue. For example you did not mention your PrestaShop version ?

And for your question, making popup with that message, yes could be possible with some custom code and also

bit different solution you could enable Geolocation in Preferences and set countries that can see catalog but can not 

order. But you could put also change/add that message to email you.

Another free solution maybe, have not tested, but could be maybe useful to you is 

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/420075-free-module-shipping-quote-module-manually-enter-shipping-quotes/

it is making quote and then you can process order in back office. Not sure if you could limit international users but that

could be set with default Zones in PrestaShop.

And you probably saw paid modules like Presto-changeo one but do think if could be useful on long run and save you much time

$100 is good investment but again it should be something you would really use.  Also do check official documentation on setting shipping

to different Zones http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Managing+Carriers 

• Like 2

You waited ~8 hours for a response over what would have been a Saturday night in North America and mostly the middle of the night in Europe before getting pissed off and worse your question is not an actual problem but just a desire to be cheap. There are plenty of modules that will fix your problem that you could buy for $75-150 -- maybe even less. If your international sales are not worth a one-time negligible cost then why are you even bothering? 

Well, I just have multiple posts that have absolutely zero replies, so I was just wondering if there was a better forum.    I do plan on buying the USPS module one day, but before I make the $200+ investment, I want to make sure that it's worth the time and money to run a website instead of using eBay.

Edited by denniswixom (see edit history)

You have an answer -- there are several modules that will solve your problem. A good one will run you about $75.

If you don't want to spend any money then you'd have to edit code yourself. As far as projects go I suspect that this would be a fairly simple thing to do but changing core files and the hassles that creates for updates is not worth not just buying a solution.

Lastly, the reason you might be sensing hostility is that when I first started reading/posting here the number of very knowledgeable and helpful members was greater but nobody wants to waste their time dealing with the constant barrage of nits who have a solution available but want others to waste their time creating a free solution for them. I am far from being an expert on PrestaShop but I do what I can to scan all the new topics once a day and respond to the best of my abilities. I prefer to give my time to help people who have problems that can't easily be solved by a negligible amount of money.