Manual update from 1.5.7 to 1.7

Hello my friends,

i want to move to the new version (because the theme i want to use needs new prestashop version).

So guys, how do I export all the products and categories with all their images to a fresh install of prestashop 1.7?

I don't care about anything else (users etc.)

Thank you very much helpful folk!

Hi Termodox,

If you want to do it yourself manually, then use the module 1 click update. This module is designed by PrestaShop to upgrade to the latest version, there is also a description of how to use this module.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/5496-.html

With kindly regards,

MigrationPro Team,

Muradi Farid.

Dear Termodox, 

There is also another way to update from 1.5.7 to 1.7, you can get module MigrationPro: PrestaShop to  PrestaShop. Upgrade PrestaShop to the current version, will take you around 15 minutes. And that time you will get secure under all your data during the upgrade process. So there is no chance to lose some data or Upgrade PrestaShop wrong. 

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/8934-migrationpro-prestashop-to-prestashop-migration-tool.html

With best regards,

MigrationPro Team,

Muradi Farid.

Hey guys thanks for all the answers!

I should have mentioned that the 1Click Upgrade addon is giving me "HTTP ERROR 500"  and i cannot debug this.

I've seen many posts about it but no solution, hence I wanted to do it "by hand". Is it possible?

Cheers!

at what point do you get the error 500?  Does the upgrade start and then fail after a period of time?  Did you check your php server logs to see what errors are being recorded?  The same issue might occur if you do it manually, so you are better off figuring out what the issue is in the first place