Emails not sending

JonRuizZ

Hi, 

We have configured everything now but emails are not sending. We have the email configured for php but when we test the email down below, Error: Please check your configuration shows. When we purchase an item, it says that an email of confirmation has been sent, but it's not.And from the order we try to resend the email manually and this error shows An error occurred while sending the e-mail to the customer.

Do you know what can be the issue?

Hello Xpert-Idea,

That might be it for the corporative email we created, but the thing is we are testing with a gmail account and is not working either. We have tried configuring the email settings to php or to smtp but neither works. With the first, emails are not sending and when we try to test "send an email", it says that an error happened and to check the email settings. When we use the smtp configuration, it says connection time out, because it's not able to reach the smtp server (smtp.gmail.com).

We don't know what can be wrong, we have tried many different solutions found in many forums and videos and nothing worked.

Thank you,

Jon

Hello Xpert-Idea,

That might be it for the corporative email we created, but the thing is we are testing with a gmail account and is not working either. We have tried configuring the email settings to php or to smtp but neither works. With the first, emails are not sending and when we try to test "send an email", it says that an error happened and to check the email settings. When we use the smtp configuration, it says connection time out, because it's not able to reach the smtp server (smtp.gmail.com).

We don't know what can be wrong, we have tried many different solutions found in many forums and videos and nothing worked.

Thank you,

Jon

I don't think where is the problem Because it should at least work gmail smtp mailer. 

I think there it has an issue with your server. So If possible please try another server with moving your same prestashop store. 

I don't think where is the problem Because it should at least work gmail smtp mailer. 

I think there it has an issue with your server. So If possible please try another server with moving your same prestashop store. 

I made a change in the server and managed to make the text "An email test has been send" show. The thing is that even if the text is showing and in the logs it shows like it really has been sent, I don't receive that email in the account, and I have tried different servers.

I made a change in the server and managed to make the text "An email test has been send" show. The thing is that even if the text is showing and in the logs it shows like it really has been sent, I don't receive that email in the account, and I have tried different servers.

did you check in your email spam folders? If you didn't please check again with you spam folder in your email.

Hi.

Finally we managed to solve this problem. The thing was is Amazon WS. We had to ask them to enable us the port 25 for all the email traffic, and enable it manually by ourselves in the security settings associated to the EIP.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by JonRuizZ (see edit history)