There shouldn't be any problems, I checked over the files and they seem fine. Removing the module does not however remove the database table anymore, can you PM me a screenshot of your database feedback table structure if possible.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here is a version without that fastidiously slow popup Installation same as in the previous post Ariom feedback_no-popup_1.5.zip   some screen:  

hi, this is my first module: feedback management Features: * page of collection of feedback in Front office, with ceck privacy and request authorization to publication * management feedback BO: m

Nice work! Some ideers for further develoment on it * Add a state an a email to sent costumers asking them to giv feedback after buying. * When logged IN using the cookie name and email instead of

Posted Images

Hi to all
I made an upgrade to this splendid module (I've not seen the zenith version)
it's works with prestashop 1.4

this version notify with an email a new feedback get from your website

This module works the 5 languages of prestashop, for other languages you must create a folder named like pl for Polish language with two files inside mails (it's presents in this module) like for en or es or fr or de or it

this module doesn't remove the table feedback from your database when you uninstall this module, this is good when you upgrade your prestashop

Instructions:
with your ftp program you must go inside feedback's folder of your website, then remove all files present in it without uninstall this module. Then upload all files and folders of my version and remove viewfeedback.php and signfeedback.php from your webroot. Now put to 755 all files inside of feedback's folder (755 recursive of feedback's folder)

byeeeeeeeeeee

feedback-only-for-1.4.zip

Now it's works perfectly on prestashop 1.4

byeeeeeeeeee

Some suggestions for Zenith and racun.tikus:
I've seen that you use my solution for captcha (in this module is not ecessary because there is a privacy checkbox)
if you want to put some files in the webroot the files for classes and controllers is better to put them in the override's folder
the files like for css and tpl leave those in the module's folder and not in theme's folder
don't put any files in admin's folder is not necessary
there are some bugs in your code and the same for racun.tikus

these are only suggestions nothing more

I installed the new version, but I have not solved everything.

In my tent http://www.eluniversodelperro.com

works for me a question, but seeing the questions I raised and the page loads fine (I have successfully uploaded all files).

On the other hand, in the section to configure the module, if I try to moderate the comments tells me that the tab does not exist (although I have copied the file).

Can you help me solve this?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

I have not been following this thread closely. However when I was about to finally install this module today I noticed that there have been multiple mods to this module by multiple people. Which of these mods works the best?

Thanks.

Hi randysantino
with my version you can do it from BO
(only 1.4)

byee

Are there differences with the original module, cause yours seems so small?
Can you also modify the form with some extra fields, like "where did you find us", etc...

Hi
I've optimizated all code from bugs, sintax errors and change some code for a good compatibility to 1.4 and removed 2 files for a better security

Your options are not so important in this module. You can use a menu or cms block to add those option
They are only link just add to tpl files an

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone tell me how to change the DATE FORMAT?<br/><br/>I like to have it language controlled or in dd-mm-yyyy (23-01-2011) kinda format.

How to do this in Zenith version?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I really like your module but I have a little problem.

The singfeedback page doesn't have the design of my page.

It goes all white andin a single column.

post-206599-0-24254000-1313441087_thumb.png

Do you know how can I fix this?

Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me how to change the DATE FORMAT?<br/><br/>I like to have it language controlled or in dd-mm-yyyy (23-01-2011) kinda format.

How to do this in Zenith version?

My module uses the dateformat regarding to language preferences.

• 2 weeks later...

is there any chance to make the changes in original version of feedback module to put pagination?

i use presta 1.2.5.0 and i gave a big long list of feedbacks

thanks in advance for any help i get

Bogdan

I've downloaded and installed maofree version from post #102 on prestashop 1.4.4.1 and everything is working, but is there a way to only allow registered users to give feedback or for a user who placed an order to give feedbacks.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using maofree's version, how do i move it to the left column? I don't have a right one.

I tried editing the code but it caused cataclysmic errors so don't really want to touch it again!

I have a strange behaviour with this module in PS 1.4.0.17: I have made a copy of a "Block advertising" and I name it "Block advertising 2" which displays the picture and link on the left side of my page (see my page in signature). But as soon as I click "Give feedback" or "View feedback" the picture vanishes (in FF, in IE I get picture not found symbol on my page), in fact I noticed, that when I am under feedback module, the picture of "Block advertising 2" points to "http://www.orhidea.si/modules/img/pasica_forum_sl.png" instead of "http://www.orhidea.si/img/pasica_forum_sl.png". What could be the trick here??

I have a strange behaviour with this module in PS 1.4.0.17: I have made a copy of a "Block advertising" and I name it "Block advertising 2" which displays the picture and link on the left side of my page (see my page in signature). But as soon as I click "Give feedback" or "View feedback" the picture vanishes (in FF, in IE I get picture not found symbol on my page), in fact I noticed, that when I am under feedback module, the picture of "Block advertising 2" points to "http://www.orhidea.si/modules/img/pasica_forum_sl.png" instead of "http://www.orhidea.si/img/pasica_forum_sl.png". What could be the trick here??

I already fixed this, it was a typo in Block advertising 2 module ...

• 1 month later...

@maofree

Hi there, i´m using the very old original version on PS 1.2.5 ... I´m very interested to enhance "my" version with the email-notification-feature. Any hints how you did it? complicated?

thank you and best regards

H.

figured it out by myself by accident exploring maofree´s version:

caution: this mod is for the very old first version from Ciroco05 mentioned in Post #1 and has nothing to do with the mods discussed in this thread

1) copy the /mails folder from the maofree-version to /modules/feedback

2) in signfeedback.php in your shoproot (in the old version you were forced to put this file in root)

find

$query = Db::getInstance()->Execute('
			INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'feedback`
			( `name`,`feedback`,`permission`,`email`,`date`) VALUES
			("'.$name.'","'.$feedback.'","'.$permission.'","'.$email.'","'.$date.'")
			');

add AFTER:

$subject = $name.' '.'has posted a new feedback';
	$templateVars = array(
		'{name}'	   => Tools::safeOutput($name),
		'{email}'	  => Tools::safeOutput($email),					
		'{feedback}'  => stripslashes($feedback)
	);
			Mail::Send((int)($cookie->id_lang), 'feedback', $subject, $templateVars, Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_EMAIL'), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, dirname(__FILE__).'/modules/feedback/mails/');   	 

thats it.

H.

Hello,

This is a Great module, very nice and I wanted to install on my website.

I can Instal the module but when I try to send feedback it doesn't work :(

I have prestashop 1.4.5.1 version, does anyone knows how to fix this please?

Thanks

Hi there , in regards to my post #129:

now i get a mail error with umlaute (äöüß) in my name field when i confirm the feedback in my old version. anybody an idea?

thank you

H.

edit: ..... same problem in all the actual mods. no mail error, but problems with umlauten in the name field

Anyone knows how to fix this on 1.4.5.1 prestashop version please??

I can install the program but on frontpage, when someone enters on "see feedback" it opens a blanck page.

What could be wrong?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

From who? There are three different Feedback versions in this thread. You need to specify which one you are using.

I'm using my version on 1.4.6.2, as far as I know it's backward compatible for 1.4.5.x

Hello Zenith,

Thank you for your answer.

I have 1.4.5.1 prestashop version and the module is feedback 1.0 the fisrt one posted here.

When I upload by ftp to my module folder, when I go to my backoffice the module is already installed,

the issue is on frontpage, it doesn't work, because when someone click on the link to see feedback, opens a desconfigurated page, and on the other link, it opens a blanck page....

thanks

Hi Zenith,

Well I saw your blog (wich I bookmark now ;) ) and I saw a new version wich I didn't know about and I install the new version and made everything like you did on the instructions.

I upload all the files to the respective folders but still not working.

I think it's better now, but I get an error saying:

404 - sorry but the web adress you entered is no longer available.

I change the adminhome.php like you said.

On BO the tab is made but when I click it appears one error:

Bad SQL query,

If i click on: creat new

I get an error saying:

An error occurred while creating object. feedback (Unknown column 'active' in 'field list')

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Hi Zenith,

I didn't do that because on the "readme file" you say if we are updating from the last version. I delete the last version and install this new version.

Do I still have to do that? It's seams more complicated for my knowladge to "play" on the phpadmin, but thank you anyway,

Regards

Hmmm ok Zenith thanks....

Can you tell me just how do I do that? Cos I don't understant much with this programing stuff and I'm afraid to do something wrong.

I go to the myphpadmin and then what? I copy and paste that text to where? do I delete anything?

Sorry mate, if it's to much for you to teach me how I understand.

Regards

Luis

Select your PS database on the left side, once it loads, select the "SQL" tab at the top of the right window, paste the queries into the text box and click "Go"

Hi, Thank you so much...

Very easy in fact....

I'm doing right now but it gave me an error:

Error

SQL query:

INSERTINTO`ps_configuration` (`id_configuration` ,`name` ,`value` ,`date_add` ,`date_upd`)

VALUES (

NULL ,'PS_FEEDBACK_MERCHANT_FEEDBACK','0','2011-06-01 00:00:00','2011-06-01 00:00:00'

);

MySQL said: b_help.png

#1062 - Duplicate entry 'PS_FEEDBACK_MERCHANT_FEEDBACK' for key 'name'

don't know what to do...

Well, I test anyway on my backoffice and now it's working, I suppose, but on the frontoffice it gives me an error when I try to open the 2 links (view and give feedbac) It says 404 error, web address no longer available.

I'm going to uninstall and instal again

Ok on the backoffice it's working now... Cool, but the links aren't.... could be any .tpl file or something?

I'm sooo near I can feel it :D

Thanks again Zenith for your help on this ;)

Kind Regards

Luis

Hi Zenith,

I'm more confuse now :(

On Firefox 8.0.1 it WORKS :)

But on IE9 wich is the one I use the most it doesn't work.... it gives me the error page 404.

How can I fix this?

I didn't test it on other browsers...

I'm having this problems on other modules as well, but usualy they work on IE but with this one is different :)

what could it be?

Thanks

But on IE9 wich is the one I use the most it doesn't work.... it gives me the error page 404.
I'm guessing its something to do with IE9, I have IE8 and it works fine on that version.

I enable guest feedback on firefox and when opening it opens a Blank page.

The url is

domain/feedback-form.php

Could be this file the problem?

Ok starting from the begining:

Upload all the files and make everything like you explain on instructions, but there where 2 files that they weren't in any folder, and they are the :

feedback-form.php

feedback.php

So I upload this files to the public_html folder was this correct?

Ok, I did everything right.... but doesn't work on my website... I give up :(

This was a very good module... maybe next time.

Thank you again for your patience Zenith,

Kind Regards

Hey guys,

If you have some problem with this module like I did, I have an alternative for those who don't understand or don't know how to make a new module like me ;)

So.... I got a module and change it to my needs like this one:

Module for Prestashop Guest book

http://www.prestasho...ulo-guest-book/

Just download and install the module then:

What I did was, editing the guestbook.tpl and .php file, I change the GUEST BOOK on the titles for the FEEDBACK, and when says view guest book I Change to view feedback and I got a Feedback Module like I wanted :)

The .php file just change the title and another message, just go to "find" and type guest book, and see if you can change for feedback or something else.

Other words on .php file are not necessary because are from the backoffice board.

And carefull as well when you see the guestbook all toguether instead of guest(Space)Book because if they are all toguether is probably some entry or call for the whatever... can't explain me better, I don't understand much for this html or whatever language.

Hope this helps someone.

Zenith, once again thank you, you are the only one who really cares, so many Admins in this forum, so many questions I ask on other topics but seems no body cares....

Cheers everyone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Need help please! I am on 1.25 I prestashop install the first version of Ciroco05 feedback V1.0.

I have a checkbox that is blocked it is gray you can not check for message! in the text area and I can not respond to the comment.

I am locally with xampp feedback V1.0 PS 1.25

if

Ciroco05

moefree

zenith

through here! it would be nice to give me an idea to solve this problem.

last question thank you! How can I use latest version for maximum PS 1.25

thank you for your patience !

I apologize for my English! I use google translate

post-74175-0-80473200-1340219082_thumb.jpg

Edited by hightone69 (see edit history)

Very bizar! on line 373 I find that the text area for the answer is clear! disabled = "disabled" and line 375 the checkbox to disable message! disabled = "disabled" I do not know why this module is intentionally blocked?

I remove disabled = "disabled" text area and disabled = "disabled" the checkbox now I can write an answer, and the checkbox is no longer block

for texarea line 373

<td align="left"><textarea disabled="disabled" style="width: 320px; height: 90px; class="rte" name="answer['.$aux[0].']">'.$aux[6].'</textarea></td>

for checkbox line 375

<input disabled="disabled" type=checkbox  name="display['.$aux[0].']" value="'.$aux[0].'"."'.($aux[7] ? ' checked="checked"' : '').'"/></td>

I do not know if there are missing buttons? example the save button when the message is answered in the textarea to comment !

CAUTION Post N° 1 module that is downloaded is full of bugs File feedback.php missing buttons "save" and "delete." And there are missing features !!

And of the missing functions !!!! is intentionally blocked?

Very bizar ! on line 373 I find that the text area for the answer is clear! disabled = "disabled" and line 375 the checkbox to disable message! disabled = "disabled" I do not know why this module is intentionally blocked?

Edited by hightone69 (see edit history)

I solved my problem. Just added line

<link href="/themes/Assembly/css/global.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />

at the top of file signfeedback.tpl

/themes/Assembly/ - your theme directory

• 1 month later...

Hi Have just been trying the mods suggested by Holle75 - post 129 unable to get to work

Feedback module still functions but no email notification happens.

I am not familiar with the technical bit but have followed the logic of copying the relevant elements from Maofree's version.

Any suggestions what I might be missing?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry, when i said this module work fine in 1.5.3, was only because he shows in front page, but not work in other functions, so this module not work at all in 1.5.3.1 ok..

Now in 1.4.9.0 i have 1 questions and one problem..

1º - when we click to see the feedbacks, the page stays with some errors, the modules in the right side not appear..

2º - Why this module dont have language files ? We cant put this in other language because the files dont exist..

Anyone have some language file ?

Tks..

Edited by AngelSpeedy (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there, I've modified the module provided by maofree to include a captcha before submission to reduce spam comments and the module will now record the IP address of every successful comment. I've tested it on version 1.4.11.0 and works perfectly. I am using the API provided by KeyCAPTCHA for the captcha.

You will need to register an account with KeyCAPTCHA or you can register by following my referral link

Once you have registered an account you need to add your site and on the last tab of the settings you will need to copy your User ID and Private Key.

Then locate the keycaptcha.php file under /keycaptcha/keycaptcha.php and edit line 26 & 27 by replacing the PRIVATE_KEY_HERE & USER_ID_HERE with your information.

Now upload all files to your site and everything should be working.

Note:

1. Make sure to backup your feedbacks in case something goes wrong.
  2. If you are using the version provided by maofree then just override all files and uninstall the module and re-install.

Credit goes to ciroco05 for providing the original module and maofree for the working version.

Let me know if you encounter any problems

feedback.zip

• 2 months later...

Hi there, I've modified the module provided by maofree to include a captcha before submission to reduce spam comments and the module will now record the IP address of every successful comment. I've tested it on version 1.4.11.0 and works perfectly. I am using the API provided by KeyCAPTCHA for the captcha.

You will need to register an account with KeyCAPTCHA or you can register by following my referral link

Before promoting plugins to external services, Шэв have made a little search on it:

Edited by 00Seven (see edit history)

Before promoting plugins to external services, Шэв have made a little search on it:

hi....I read about it.... and for me, when something it is not clear.....it means it is not good....this my personal opinion

About the Ciroco05 and Maofree feedback module....

... i use it with my modification with re-captcha and fancybox, showing a preselected nbr of feedback on a block, working fine on a 1.4.7.3 ps version and for this I shall give to them and to the community a lot of thanks....

Here a few screenshoots...if someone it is interested i can give him the modified module....

Ariom

post-148583-0-17163800-1381806925_thumb.jpgpost-148583-0-94117700-1381806970_thumb.jpgpost-148583-0-88710000-1381807333_thumb.jpg

Edited by ariom (see edit history)

still find pagination function on ps v1.2.5.

I don't like upgrade. I just want to use ps v1.2.5.

But, this feedback module is for ps v1.4.

Is there any downgrade version include pagination for ps v1.2.5?

Hi friends, i still have one problem with this, i think the files " signfeedback.php " and " viewfeedback.php " is missing in root, and when copy the files from modules folder, the page give me many lines with errors.

Any solution for this ?

Someone have this files ok ?

Tks..

Sorry, when i said this module work fine in 1.5.3, was only because he shows in front page, but not work in other functions, so this module not work at all in 1.5.3.1 ok..

Hi Angelspeedy....and all that want to use the feedback module from Ciroco05 on a 1.5.x PS version....

you must modify the file feedback.php because the new versions of PS uses a different method to interact with the database....

everithing it is explained here:

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/DB+class+best+practices#DBclassbestpractices-ChangesbetweenPrestaShop1.4and1.5

I tried and tried different ways and when i was quite discouraged, ..... i got it

the problem is regarding this two function of the feedback.php file: "getFeedbacknodisplay()"  and "getFeedbacktodisplay()" using old methods (mysql_num_rows, and mysql_fetch_row) for displayng and manage the admin part of the module.

Also, i had to change all the $aux[0] value from numeric to the real name of the feedback table fields.

I attach the file for you to try ....any improvement or suggestion is welcome

feedback.php

Hope it helps

Ariom

• 2 weeks later...

hi Angelspeedy...

first of all, tks to give it a try...

can i ask a questions so maybe i can help you out?

Do you use as a base the (perfect) Feedback only for 1.4 module modified from Maofree (post #102)?

if so, cause, as you can see in my post #179, i've added the ability to show a preselected nbr of feedback on the block,..., this is to remove (i forgot this....sorry)

Also the 1.4 module version include a old version of jQuery.

You should then copy from a 1.4.x installation the 2 required files and put them on your 1.5.x installation right in the path as described below   (this is a quick workaround cause i couldn't make the new version of jQuery work):   

$this->context->controller->addCSS(_PS_CSS_DIR_.'jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.css', 'all');
  $this->context->controller->addJS(_PS_JS_DIR_.'jquery/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.js');

i attach the already modified feedback.php file if you wish to give another try

feedback.php

here a screenshoot of the module configure page in BO from my 1.5.6 PS version

post-148583-0-30480000-1383559903_thumb.jpg

Let me know if this helps

Ariom

• 2 weeks later...

HI all....please let me know if the last feedback.php it worked for you....so i can investigate or give the full modifications module zip to try

does not work correctly... PS version 1.5.4.1      Please give full modification  :rolleyes:

feedback_01.jpg

Hi Aci-Roy

this was the main problem i tried to solve and the main question is: do you see it in the back office? have you tried to add a feedback and manage it on your BO? ....it works fine for me on a clean 1.5.6 environment...

Please give full modification

i wrote to Ciroco05 to know if i can post it, it is his module....waiting for him to replay....

tks for trying

ok...now i can see, if i use the original module and only change the feedback.php with my file...signfeedback page its coming out all messed-up as in your screen....the rest is working fine :huh:

but this is not happening using my modified module so i try to debug and see what's the problem

Hi ariom, not work, now i have the version 1.4.9.0 and not 1.5, with that last feedback.php, still give me white page..

The module work fine in original mode, the only problem is when i click to give feedback or to see feedback the page give error

/../config/config.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/******/public_html/*****/store/signfeedback.php on line 4

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/../../config/config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/******/public_html/*****/store/signfeedback.php on line 4

Warning: include(/home/../../init.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/******/public_html/*****/store/signfeedback.php on line 5

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/../../init.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/******/public_html/*****/store/signfeedback.php on line 5

Fatal error: Class 'Configuration' not found in /home/******/public_html/*****/store/signfeedback.php on line 13

for viewfeedback is this :

Warning: include(/home/../../config/config.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/******/public_html/*****/store/viewfeedback.php on line 4

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/../../config/config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/******/public_html/*****/store/viewfeedback.php on line 4

Fatal error: Class 'Db' not found in /home/******/public_html/*****/store/viewfeedback.php on line 9

This is the only problem i have in 1.4.9...

Hope with this log you can see what is the problem, i already tryed with the files signfeedback and viewfeedback in the root folder but not work..

Tks..

Hello Ariom,
FO in the block does not come out the list last comments. Need to view click view comments. I noticed that in this release may appear but despite I configured from BO, the comments do not display them

sorry, i don't understand what you mean with comment block? BO configuration page or what else?

Hello Ariom,

FO in the block does not come out the list last comments. Need to view click view comments. I noticed that in this release may appear but despite I configured from BO, the comments do not display them

Ok. ...pls don't mind, I'm a little busy but in a few days i will post full modified for 1.5.6 module from the module feedback only for 1.4 (thanks to ciroco05),

To be tested as a contribution, a workaround (but working fine on my clean 1.5.6 install) using also the old version of jquery, as i explain before....and some manual it is to do.....but i will post some explaination too, hoping it will also get some improvement to be always  a better free module.....

ciao

Hi ariom, not work, now i have the version 1.4.9.0 and not 1.5, with that last feedback.php, still give me white page..

@AngelSpeedy....

that file works on 1.5.6....and not yet perfectly cause it needs some other files modification, not tested on 1.4.x and any other subversion....

may i ask which version of this module you use?

it looks searching for signfeedbck.php and viewfeedback.php in the root ....but, if i'm not wrong, that was the first release of the module, installihg this 2 files in the root... i use it on a PS 1.3.7 shop....this module was then modified to work with PS 1.4 and released as module  feedback only for 1.4...and this files now are on the module folder

if you want to try, this is the one i use on a PS 1.4.7.3

feedback.x-1.4_modified.zip

the module needs this small Js on the footer.tpl for fancybox to work:

just before </body> insert

<script type="text/javascript">

$('a.iframe').fancybox();

</script>

the base for this work it is taken from the module posted from maofre at page 6 post #102....very intrested contribute