hi,

this is my first module: feedback management

Features:

* page of collection of feedback in Front office, with ceck privacy and request authorization to publication
* management feedback BO: moderation (all feedback must be approved for publication); opportunity to correct any typos; option to delete the feedback; option for an answer
* page of view feedback and any responses, in front office
* language: EN, IT
* for version: 1.1 1.2. and 1.3
* browser : I’ve tested with FF, IE6/7/8 Chrome, Opera

How to install:
extract the zip file, copy and paste into the modules directory,go to back office on modules and click on install button.

I wait your feedback about it ;-)

Ciroco05

feedback.zip

26368_fvGotwKbMmVx6gyv8Dv1_t

26369_XYEIKYYGmsYO91TcD4Kt_t

26370_mvuDcX3IJLVxv25dhQye_t

26371_sFLvokKnHki5IHL1TMu9_t

• Like 1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here is a version without that fastidiously slow popup Installation same as in the previous post Ariom feedback_no-popup_1.5.zip   some screen:  

hi, this is my first module: feedback management Features: * page of collection of feedback in Front office, with ceck privacy and request authorization to publication * management feedback BO: m

Nice work! Some ideers for further develoment on it * Add a state an a email to sent costumers asking them to giv feedback after buying. * When logged IN using the cookie name and email instead of

Posted Images

Hi,

This module is very nice.

I have installed it and Transplant it to my left column, but it doesn't show. (NB: I don't have right column)

What can I do?

Thanks
Jaza

This is a super module. Thank you.

I would like to add few questions with check boxs on the form such as:

1)Which of the following best describes the primary purpose of your visit?
answers:
browsing
gift shopping
Checking status of an order

2)How did you first find out about us?

answers:
Youtube
Newspaper
search engine

Is it doable?

Thank you again for the great module.

Nice work!

Some ideers for further develoment on it :)

* Add a state an a email to sent costumers asking them to giv feedback after buying.
* When logged IN using the cookie name and email instead of fields and perhaps an order n. and and option to display what was in the cart.
* Perhaps giving a voucher for feedback
* Perhaps sharing the feedback on facebook. (This is a hard part i know, but i could be nice!)

Once again, very nice work!

• Like 1

Hello Ciroco05,

I will download the module and will test it.
The module looks really great, will give further feedback after testing.

Best regards,

ysco..

Hi all and thanks for comments :)

@Jaza: I forgot this.
To insert in left columns, modify the file feedback.php in the module folder.
After :

public function hookRightColumn($params)
   {
       return $this->display(__FILE__, 'feedback.tpl');
   }

insert:

public function hookLeftColumn($params)
   {
       return $this->hookRightColumn($params);
   }

@kennyh: thank for instant demo online. I have i surprise for you: in the folder feedback/img/variazioni there is two images perfect for your thema.

@Ensign: at the first moment, i have your idea to insert in the form some question, as "about purpose of your visit" and "How did you first find out about us",.. but I think with too many questions, the customer does not respond easily. But however, i think about it ...

@Timpet:

Add a state an a email to sent costumers asking them to giv feedback after buying
Good idea: i want insert in Delivered state the mail to asking feedback
For other suggestions ... i think about in the future.

@safa
1.1 don’t work install error
Are you sure? I tested on my product version 1.1. What problem you have?

@ysco: tks, I wait your feedback :-)

Ciroco05

Thank you for your help ciroco05,

I have added the line and now have the module on the left column.

Another Question:

1) Is it possible to show the last feedback on the block?

Also:

2) I think this should be made available only to Registered or Logged in members, to minimize spams.... what do you think?

Hello ciroco05 ;)

I tested your module today and it is pretty cool mate, i have a feedback module that i bought some time ago but i like yours better.
For me a important things is that i miss in your module is that when someone has left a feedback that you don`t get notified by a email.
This way you always know that someone has left a feedback and works much better then everyday checking the module in BO to see whether someone left a feedback.

I try to add this code to make the email notification to work but i can`t get it done yet,

if (addFeedback($cookie->id_lang))
       {

$to = "info@test.com";

$subject = "someone left a feedback on your site";

$body = "Hello,\n\nThere is a new feedback posted on info@test.com!";

mail($to, $subject, $body);    Tools::redirect('modules/feedback/feedback.php?done=true'); 
              }

Maybe you can make it to work correct.

Also it would be nice that it not uses the form template from the global.css , if you could add the code in your css then people can easily change background in the color they like.

Maybe it would be nice to add star rating for the customers, so when they leave a feedback and they are happy with delivery and products they can also place a rating from 1 to 5 stars for example.

Keep up the great work mate.

ysco..

Thank you for your help ciroco05,

I have added the line and now have the module on the left column.

Another Question:

1) Is it possible to show the last feedback on the block?

Also:

2) I think this should be made available only to Registered or Logged in members, to minimize spams.... what do you think?

1) I don't like insert in column the last feedback; I prefer that the user view the complete page;

2) I think that the get the feedback is the priority ... if an user not customer, or customer but no logged, want leave a feedback.. why not? However for make available only for logged members, insert in the signfeedback.php, into root prestashop (or before installing module in /modules/feedback/file signfeedback.php) the following code:
line 4, find this:
include(dirname(__FILE__).'/init.php'); 

after, insert this code:

if (!$cookie->isLogged())
   Tools::redirect('authentication.php?back=history.php');

Ciroco05

Hello,

Thanks for this usefull module!

3 translations are not dispayed on signfeedback.tpl and viewfeedback.tpl

just add mod='feedback'

to l s='feedback' and l s='home'

It could be nice to configure the use of privacy, I don't really need this feature

Hello,

Thanks for this usefull module!

3 translations are not dispayed on signfeedback.tpl and viewfeedback.tpl

just add mod='feedback'

to l s='feedback' and l s='home'

Thank you Jolvil for correction;

I don't really need this feature

This feature is useful for the italian law about privacy

Ciroco05

This is a super module. Thank you.

I would like to add few questions with check boxs on the form such as:

1)Which of the following best describes the primary purpose of your visit?
answers:
browsing
gift shopping
Checking status of an order

2)How did you first find out about us?

answers:
Youtube
Newspaper
search engine

Is it doable?

Thank you again for the great module.

This module is great. Thank you very much.

I also like to add the survey function into the module so that we kind of know what our site is doing. l

thanks for great module mate.

Is there a way for user to upload photograph along with feedback? It would be handy for clothes stores. Users could add feedback with picture showing them wearing the item.

Thank you ciroco05!!

I've been waiting for that for ages, a simple and efficient feedback module!

I give it a try on my shop and i come back with my feebacks...

I installed it but i get an error when i try to click on the feedback links (give feedback and read feedback)

Does someone have an english translation to this? Or swedish maybe? :-)

Thanks, this looks like a really nice module that i hope will work for me two.

Hi nuttis,

probably is a permission error, and the copy of files (from module to root) is impossible

looks in prestashop root folder if here are these files:

signfeedback.php
viewfeedback.php

If not there are, you can copy it from "file" folder in module dir

Does someone have an english translation to this?
the module is in english too...

I wait your reply

I tried to copy these files as you said but it still dont work :-(

Also when i install it in BO i get an error message that it was not correctly installed. But when i uppdated the page it looks like its installed and i can go in to configuration anyway.
Maybe i do something wrong.

Oh btw i found the english language yes.

Hi,

Hi friend thanks for the module, a very usefull tool, only one problem, when many feedbacks are leaved the page took very long, can you please change the module for when 6 comments are leaved turn to another page?

sure, the pagination, in front office & back office is very important. In the next release I will insert this feature.

Ciroco05

Hi,

Hi friend thanks for the module, a very usefull tool, only one problem, when many feedbacks are leaved the page took very long, can you please change the module for when 6 comments are leaved turn to another page?

sure, the pagination, in front office & back office is very important. In the next release I will insert this feature.

Ciroco05

Thanks very much, did have an idea for when this change crucial? Thanks a lot

Great job, thanks ciroco05.

For those who may experience the same initial problem: if you get an error like this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, postmaster@mysite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

All you have to do is change file permissions on signfeedback.php and viewfeedback.php from 644 to 755.

It worked in my case.

Ciroco05, thanks for this module!, all works ok , the only problem i have is that in https IE show a warning pop up , pen.png and eye.png .
How can i solve this?
thank you and keep the great work!

I installed this and the module box won't display although it is installed and turned on and in the left hook

I get this error if I go to feedback.php :

Fatal error: Class 'Module' not found in /home/ecoglo/public_html/store/modules/feedback/feedback.php on line 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I have installed this module and everything works fine apart from the date fromatting on the view comments page. I cannot get it to format as dd/mm/yyyy even though it looks from the code like it should.

Any ideas anyone.

Thanks

hi,

at the return of holiday, i reply to your recent messages:

@Sanis: no, at this moment; I hope will insert the "captcha" in the next release;

@rudders18: it's very strange.. all version that i see, have this formatting of date; naturally you have configured it in the BO?

Ciroco05

Hi,
I have configured it in BO and I can see the value in the DB change but the code to format the date in the actual page seems to do nothing.

I think that is a problem of compatibilty with your version of php.

Can you make a test? edit the file viewfeedback.tpl, in the root of your store.

Change this lines 22-26:
{if $fdb_format_data == 0}
< i>{dateFormat date=$fdb.date format="d/m/Y"}< /i>
{else}
< i>{$fdb.date}< /i>
{/if}

with this:
{dateFormat date=$fdb.date format="d/m/Y"}

I wait your reply

Ciroco05

Hi
I have tried this change both locally on a test system and on my main site and the date still diplays as yyyy-mm-dd. Locally I am running PHP version 5.3.1 and on my site it is PHP version 5.2.8.
Regards
Rudders18

The module is causing unsecure connections when viewed any a "secure" connection, because of the 2 images in the feedback block. It is caused because of the way the images are called using the modules css file rather than using smarty code in the tpl file.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great module, very well, thanks for sharing.
Dear ciroco05
If i want change the date of the feedback what should I do?
I have lots of feedback on my shop and some of them for 3 years ago if I type all of them by my self, all be come as a today date. any why I can edit the date?

Regards,
MIR-AUS

Dear johnmoore84

about SSL problem
just change line in feedback.tpl

form
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$base_dir}modules/feedback/css/feedback.css" media="screen">

to:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$base_dir_ssl}modules/feedback/css/feedback.css" media="screen">

works for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very well done! Thank you ciroco05!

an email notification upon new messages to the Admin would be extremely helpfull for not having to check the module constantly in BO.....

best

H.

@monica

find in signfeedback.tpl:

<textarea id="feedback" name="feedback" rows="7" cols="47">{if isset($smarty.post.feedback)}{$smarty.post.feedback|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'|stripslashes}{/if}</textarea>

in my case it´s line 56 ...... with rows and cols you can adjust the textarea. In my case the area starts to scroll when you type a lot..... and is working (FF,IE newest versions)

@all

i had problems during install. The module needs the right to write in the Root of your shop (viewfeedback.php, signfeedback.php). I had to temporarely change chmod of the root to 0777. Hope this helps.

...to W3C-validate the pages i had to copy the content of feedback.css in global.css. It is not "allowed" to call

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$base_dir}modules/feedback/css/feedback.css" media="screen">

in the body. It needs to be placed in the Head .... but, well .....

thanks all for your positive feedback :-)
and thank to holle75 for your help.

At this moment I do not have much time (I am working too), but i hope to prepare the new version of this module as soon as possible!

Ciroco05

thanks for shearing this module. It is good and I think it is a good idea. But unfortunately, it doesn't work with both v1.3.1 and v1.3.2. I tried to install it on both of them and got exactly same error message: The following module(s) were not installed successfully: * feedback

Please help! thanks

This module works on both 1.3.1 and 1.3.2, must be something wrong with your files.

This is the best feedback module that i know off. When ciroco05 gets time to update it (add pagination;) and captcha) it will be even better.

check your chmod rights in the feedback module folder, subfolders, files ....

and temporarely during install (in BO) you have to set chmod of your shop root folder to 0777 (read #48)

this was in my case. might be different on other installations

Ciroco05

wonderfull module, but if I can give you some advice about the real marketing power look at my site : http://www.degrootste.be
and look at the right column with the text : klant over ons.
now for the moment this is my methode :
after a client buys for the FIRST time with me, he/she gets an email to thank them for their trust and with the question if they can give feedback on order to grow, to do beter.
When I receive the comment I read it and add the text to a little module.

On the pages then I show every 30/20seconds the command in random order.
I think you must show some comments in random order to the module and at the end of the text you put your icons to view, or add comment.

People coming on a shop mostly look at the first things they see, before they start to click or before they leave without visit.
so if they see positive comment, that is giving them some trust.

So that's point one.
what I also would do :
* add a sort of point system. that customers can say I give you 5 point of max 5 together with their comment, very good for people to see how others rate you in one eye catch without reading the whole text.
* give first customers a voucher of x % if they fill in the comment. (can easly be done by making manualy a voucher with a name, and then after they filled in the comment AND YOU APPROVE IT, (because if they start to write stuff not usable, they don't get a thing) they just receive their code like : this is your 10% reduction code : COMMENTTHANKYOU)
if you set this voucher to be use max 1 time for each customer then you never have trouble.
* send the shopowner an email notification if somebody has filled in comment.

and if you want I can translate your module in Dutch and helping with beta testing.

well hope this will help you little bit further.

greetz
Deech

• 3 weeks later...

... quick question (funny one): i have the module hooked in "left column" and "top of pages" in my modules -> position???!

can i remove it from "top of pages" (don´t know if there is some special code inserted. haven´t found one, but ....)

thanks

H.

Hallo...

I have install your modules, but i's not working ...I get all time a blank page....I have try this in Safari and Firefox.

What it's a problem? Or what must I change?

Thanks for your help!!!

tester2102

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Ciroco05

The module does not work on Prestashop > 1.4?

Please fine below link where I kindly ask for a solution.
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/84322/programmazione_moduli_design_e_temi/feedback_1_dot_0_module

The error log of the ISP provides the following error:
[sat Dec 25 20:33:15 2010] [error] [client 95.96.7.55] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template "/home/balluca.nl/www/modules/feedback/signfeedback.tpl" on line 2 "{include file=$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl}" - Unexpected "/", expected one of: "{" , "$" , "identifier" , INTEGER' in /home/balluca.nl/www/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:423, referer: http://www.balluca.nl/

Your reply is very much appreciated please.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Greetings
Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

First, thanks for this module.
Second, I tried to install your module (prestashop 3.1.1) but I got this error...

The following module(s) were not installed successfully:

* feedback

Maybe it can't used with 3.1 or...?

Kind regards,
Imm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

wonder why I can't installed the feedback module. Is it because I use Prestashop 3.1?
Please let me know before I take other steps...

This is the message if I try to install it: The following module(s) were not installed successfully:

* feedback

greetz,
imp

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you ciroco05 for this great module and thank you holle75 for clearing out that with chmod writing rights.
Finally its working!

Btw should chmod 777 be changed again to 2755 and 644 as it was before install?

Very well done! Thank you ciroco05!

an email notification upon new messages to the Admin would be extremely helpfull for not having to check the module constantly in BO.....

best

H.

@monica

find in signfeedback.tpl:

<textarea id="feedback" name="feedback" rows="7" cols="47">{if isset($smarty.post.feedback)}{$smarty.post.feedback|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'|stripslashes}{/if}</textarea>

in my case it´s line 56 ...... with rows and cols you can adjust the textarea. In my case the area starts to scroll when you type a lot..... and is working (FF,IE newest versions)

@all

i had problems during install. The module needs the right to write in the Root of your shop (viewfeedback.php, signfeedback.php). I had to temporarely change chmod of the root to 0777. Hope this helps.

...to W3C-validate the pages i had to copy the content of feedback.css in global.css. It is not "allowed" to call

in the body. It needs to be placed in the Head .... but, well .....

@impie

i am in 1.2.5.0

yes it works for me now, and its so great! It was as holle75 writes that you need to change the write mod while installing. First i uninstalled the module in BO then i when to my ftp and I changed to 777 to the hole feedbak map with undermaps and files just to be sure and then to my BO to install it again and now it works perfectly.

But i dont know if i should change back to original rights so i let it be to 777.

I get these errors on PS 1.3.6 and similarly for viewfeedback. Can anyone help.

Warning: include() [function.include]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 2001 is not allowed to access /config/config.inc.php owned by uid 199082 in /signfeedback.php on line 3

Warning: include(/config/config.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /signfeedback.php on line 3

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/config/config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /signfeedback.php on line 3

Warning: include() [function.include]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 2001 is not allowed to access /init.php owned by uid 199082 in /signfeedback.php on line 4

Warning: include(/init.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /signfeedback.php on line 4

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/init.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /signfeedback.php on line 4

Fatal error: Call to a member function assign() on a non-object in /signfeedback.php on line 9

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much for the module, I have it installed in my shop and works perfectly.

I would like to add some options to this:

- That each user can select a category to add your question (dogs, cats, etc).
- The ability to attach images (1 picture maximum limit of 1.5MB).

Could you help me get it?

Thank you very much and best regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sadly, this module does not work for 1.4.1. Did alot of tests with a buddy in this forum and coded the 'signfeedback.tpl' and 'viewfeedback.tpl' to Smarty 3, but still fails.

The only workaround for 1.4.1 is unless you use Smarty2.

Sadly, this module does not work for 1.4.1. Did alot of tests with a buddy in this forum and coded the 'signfeedback.tpl' and 'viewfeedback.tpl' to Smarty 3, but still fails.

The only workaround for 1.4.1 is unless you use Smarty2.

Thank you for letting me know.

Does anyone have a feedback solution for prestashop 1.4+?

This module does work on 1.4.x :)

I know that I could just install it and try it out myself...but I find it easier just to ask. Since there have been conflicting statements made I have to ask...Zenith, do you use this module yourself on version 1.4+?

Yes, but I've updated my version for 1.4. The original version does not work. Don't worry my updated version will be posted soon, just need to test it on another server install

hi,

this is my first module: feedback management

Features:

* page of collection of feedback in Front office, with ceck privacy and request authorization to publication
* management feedback BO: moderation (all feedback must be approved for publication); opportunity to correct any typos; option to delete the feedback; option for an answer
* page of view feedback and any responses, in front office
* language: EN, IT
* for version: 1.1 1.2. and 1.3
* browser : I’ve tested with FF, IE6/7/8 Chrome, Opera

How to install:
extract the zip file, copy and paste into the modules directory,go to back office on modules and click on install button.

I wait your feedback about it ;-)

Ciroco05

Can be very useful, thanks

A big credit to Zenith for helping me out with the feedback form by ciroco05 for my site running on 1.4.1/smarty 3. However, sadly all his efforts of tweaking failed in various scenarios.

Currently, he's re-coding the feedback form which is compatible for 1.4.x and performing some testing before releasing them to public. Therefore, hang in there folks... ;-)

A big credit to Zenith for helping me out with the feedback form by ciroco05 for my site running on 1.4.1/smarty 3. However, sadly all his efforts of tweaking failed in various scenarios.

Currently, he's re-coding the feedback form which is compatible for 1.4.x and performing some testing before releasing them to public. Therefore, hang in there folks... ;-)

Thanks for the update.

New version includes:

- Pagination on FO & BO pages
- E-mail notification of new feedback
- Captcha for posting form
- New layout of feedback page
- Toggle to allow just customers to post feedback

Just need to finalize a couple of things before it's ready.

Now updated for PS 1.4 - lots of changes to make it more PS friendly.

Please follow the instructions in the ~README file very carefully.

Any problems or errors please feel free to post them and I'll help you get this version installed (there may be some issues with users updating from the old feedback module, but hopefully not)

NOTE: This modification is for PrestaShop v1.4+

If you are updating from the previous Feedback module (1.0) just overwrite the old files with these newer files, then remove the old feedback module (1.0) files, DO NOT un-install and re-install the modules in the Back Office or any existing feedback WILL be deleted!

feedback_2.0b.zip

Any problems or errors please feel free to post them and I'll help you get this version installed (there may be some issues with users updating from the old feedback module, but hopefully not)

If you are updating from the previous Feedback module (1.0) just overwrite the old files with these newer files, then remove the old feedback module (1.0) files, DO NOT un-install and re-install the modules or any existing feedback WILL be deleted!

Thank you for all work on this.

If you are updating from the previous Feedback module (1.0) just overwrite the old files with these newer files, then remove the old feedback module (1.0) files, DO NOT un-install and re-install the modules or any existing feedback WILL be deleted!

Thanx mate for helping out with my site. Your efforts were not being put to waste... :-)

Dear All,

I'm using 1.4.0.17 and installed fresh Feedback 2.0 following the instruction included. However, I found several error.

When I try to install module from Back Office, I got message "Module not Found". I fix it by modifying config.xml file. I also modifying several table structure in order to get this module work

Please read the modified instruction in the attachment. Once again thanks for sharing this great module.

<< see attachment: feedback_2.1.zip >>

feedback_2.1.zip