search - index products

jokerstar

Hi,

Try to set max_execution_time or/and Apache TimeOut to much higher value.

You should get your access/error.log and see if there is an 503 response for this page.

Enable debug mode in config/defines.inc.php : define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

Hello, I finaly find a problem. I added products via XML  - php script and found out that some products dont have title in ps_product_lang and problem was that prestashop cannot accept title with this symbols: ' or =

For example:

baldur's gate

or

1 box = 20pcs

• 9 months later...

Hello, I have the same problem with incomplete index. It can't index all my active products. What's the culprit, please? Possible that PS devs are not aware of this and in 2018 still a big issue like this? I'm sure that's not a problem about product title or visibility (that's "both" on all the products, on ps_product and ps_product_shop both)...

thanks for your help

• 3 months later...
On 07/04/2018 at 6:26 AM, mmsh said:

Hello, I have the same problem with incomplete index. It can't index all my active products. What's the culprit, please? Possible that PS devs are not aware of this and in 2018 still a big issue like this? I'm sure that's not a problem about product title or visibility (that's "both" on all the products, on ps_product and ps_product_shop both)...

thanks for your help

Same issue as you MMSH, even on 1.6.1.20, if I recreate search index, then  search_index table will be cut by half (why presta devs ?)

Then several missing products during searches, especially those using keywords or sentences in short_desc and long_desc.
I have thousands of products with vehicles lists in short_desc or long_desc, as well this search issues affects aa lot my shop.

The search feature is a real mess, since 1.6.1.9, don't know what to do now, tried everything possible...

Edited by JSSSX (see edit history)