Refund addon Module

leungda

I have no idea where can I get help. I tried to use http://www.prestashop.com/en/contact to send an message to developer for refund matter. The developer said I have to contact prestashop. I tried to message prestashop but I got no reply for 3 day from now. I have no idea how to get in touch with prestashop except phone them. I am in -8 time zone and prestashop office hours is +8 time zone. There is no way I can call them except I weak up in mid-night.

The story is, When I did the purchase, I make a mistake to purchase the same module x 2. I only need one order instead of two. There is no way to ask for refund or contact prestashop.

Could someone tell me is there any effective way to resolve the issue?

Hello there,

@leungda: Could you please send me a private message with your email address & order number? I'm going to take a look at it with the dedicated team. :)

@bellini13: Thank you for providing the information. 

I'm moving the thread to the Addons forum.

Antoine

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I would like to know If there is a prestashop addons returns policy information page. 

Is it possible to refund an addon which I do not downloaded yet?

Thanks,

Hello libnac,

Here is the process to ask a refund: 

Click on the following link.

1. Send a message on the contact form to "I have a question regarding a product I bought" > "My product isn't working as I would like".

2. The developer of the module/theme will try to help you first and if you still want to get the refund, you just have to ask the developer directly.

Note that if the developer doesn't answer or if there is a dispute between you and the developer, you should send a message to "I have a question regarding a product I bought" > "I didn't get any answer to my question". The PrestaShop team will get back to you within the next 3 working days maximum. 

Cheers,

Antoine

• Like 1

First of all, Thanks a lot Antoine for your fast response previous to perform my purchase.

Secondly, I would like to share with you this prestashop policy I could never found.

Once I have performed a purchase I have been commanded to accept terms and conditions, on that policy I have read the following: (Note that instead of word refund they use word reimbursement.)

They don't say anything about reimbursement in case you do not download your product.

9. Claims

Any claim relating to the operating of PrestaShop Addons or the Addons must be made, within a period of ninety (90) days following the download of the Addon in question, to PrestaShop via the Customer Account at the following address:

The claims relating to the operating of Addons developed by the Contributors will be provided to the latter, in order for them to process them, including in the context of fee-based After Sales Services. A messaging tool is made available by PrestaShop for this purpose and the Customer undertakes to use this tool exclusively for its exchanges with the Contributors and PrestaShop, with a view to processing his claim.

Any request for reimbursement must be sent to PrestaShop, within a period of two (2) months following the download of the Addon in question, by using the form provided at the following address https://addons.prestashop.com/en/contact-us

In the event whereby the Addon would be accompanied by a Zen Option, the latter must be mentioned in the reimbursement request. In the event whereby the request concerns an Addon developed by PrestaShop, only PrestaShop is empowered to validate this request within a period of 7 (seven) working days.

In the event whereby a reimbursement request would be formulated for an Addon developed by a Contributor, said request shall be submitted for the Contributor’s validation prior to being submitted to PrestaShop for validation.

Once the request for reimbursement has been validated, PrestaShop undertakes to reimburse the Customer within 30 days following the request for reimbursement. The reimbursement is exclusively made by the means of payment used when making the order.

Any request sent after the period of two (2) months mentioned above shall not enable a reimbursement.
  • Like 1

I've met the Billing team to get more information about this case. They told me that it's a specific case, a lot of people will directly download the module. This is why it's not included in the term & conditions.

I suggest you contact the Billing team (as I said in my previous post) and note in your message that you didn't download the module! :)

Typically you can contact the developer of the module and ask for a refund.  However the issue is that the developer does not have access to information about downloads.  As a developer, I would inform you that I would approve the refund if I had evidence that the module/theme was not yet downloaded.

Unfortunately you have to take extra steps to then contact the addons team for that evidence and refund

@Antoine: Perhaps you can convey enhancement request for the seller account...

1) Allow the developer to see if the module has been downloaded yet or not

2) Allow the developer to escalate the message to Addons support team. 

I have found that it is difficult (probably intentionally) for the customer to contact addons support, as most contact options take the customer to the developer and not the addons support team.  So it would be a rather nice option if the developer had a way to escalate a message to the PS addons support team

Typically you can contact the developer of the module and ask for a refund.  However the issue is that the developer does not have access to information about downloads.  As a developer, I would inform you that I would approve the refund if I had evidence that the module/theme was not yet downloaded.

Unfortunately you have to take extra steps to then contact the addons team for that evidence and refund

@Antoine: Perhaps you can convey enhancement request for the seller account...

1) Allow the developer to see if the module has been downloaded yet or not

2) Allow the developer to escalate the message to Addons support team. 

I have found that it is difficult (probably intentionally) for the customer to contact addons support, as most contact options take the customer to the developer and not the addons support team.  So it would be a rather nice option if the developer had a way to escalate a message to the PS addons support team

Thank you for your feedback bellini13, I've transmitted it to the Addons team. :)

Cheers,

Antoine

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hello, i want a full refund for an addon i bought almost a month ago. The addon is not working properly in my eshop like the demostration (demo). I have already tried to use http://www.prestashop.com/en/contact with the developer of the addon but no reply by him. Also, i contact with prestashop team but no reply. 

Order #1212740

19-12-2019 date of bought 

• 1 month later...

The addon.prestashop store is total Rip off!! Do not buy from that site.  Paid for a module that the developer did not get fully working in 3 months!!  then they wanted me to buy more support.  When I contacted add.prestasop  they put me  on to billing, which I font think exist.  You cannot talk to them, email them directly.  They do not respond to issues at all.

They have no buyer protection at all.  Dont get taken and waste your money!!...