Prestashop migration to new server, settings.inc.php is empty

Hello there,

I'm having issues migrating my Prestashop content to the new domain/webserver. I will try to explain in detail:

I'm trying to migrate my Prestashop (1.7) to a new server and new domain (same webhost, but unfortunately they do not provide me with support for this). So far, I've followed this guide from Prestashop: https://www.prestashop.com/en/blog/how-to-migrate-prestashop-to-a-new-server

So in short the steps I took: I've made a backup of the old site, copied to my computer, exported the SQL database, imported to the new website, and copied all the files to the new server using Filezilla FTP client.

However, I'm getting stuck however at Step 8: Edit the PrestaShop config/settings.inc.php files

Whenever I try to open settings.inc.php nothing is there except for two lines:

<?php

//@deprecated 1.7

I used the settings.inc.php through the FTP client old site, the local backup, as well as the new site FTP. Doesn't matter which one I open, they are all empty.

The guide says to 'edit' a few lines, but if there's nothing there, I guess something went wrong in the process. 
Could anyone help me out? If additional info is needed, please let me know. I'm not a regular, and have limited knowledge over server stuff. I will add additional info to my topic start if need be.

Thanks in advance!
Edited by mightyeagle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same problem. please help !

The solution is already provided by musicmaster, see the post above you. The guide that I followed, was not suitable for Prestashop 1.7. I should have used a different guide, as the locations for the files has changed drastically.

This is a manual for 1.5/1.6. Not for 1.7. 

In 1.7 your settings file is app/config/parameters.php

This is a manual for 1.5/1.6. Not for 1.7. 

In 1.7 your settings file is app/config/parameters.php

The solution is already provided by musicmaster, see the post above you. The guide that I followed, was not suitable for Prestashop 1.7. I should have used a different guide, as the locations for the files has changed drastically.

i tried to change informations in this file but i have Error 404 Vhost unknown

Vhost unknown

Varnish L7 server

Have you a guide to see how to fulfill this field and can you post the link please?

• 3 months later...

Hi I have pretty much same problem. Thx to this thread and posted manual I managed to have running frontend, but backend still has issues. Basically backend is still redirected to old hosting, giving me error about open_basedir is denied:

ContextErrorException in ClassCollectionLoader.php line 85: Warning: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File - here follows files on old hosting

My version is 1.7.2.2, anyone smarter than me?

Edit: I also tried to delete .htaccess, no change

EDIT SOLUTION

Ok so my problem was that my original website was on dev mode. After disable of dev mode in /www/config/defines.inc.php (line 29 - define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false) change to true) backend runs.

Edited by Rail Balco (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...