It show error"There are several errors. Error found : StartTag: invalid element name in country_mod"

senvalee

It show several error when I login Prestashop 

There are several errors.

1. Error found : StartTag: invalid element name in country_module_list.xml file.
  2. Error found : Premature end of data in tag badge line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  3. Error found : Premature end of data in tag badges line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  4. Error found : Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  5. Error found : Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  6. Error found : CData section not finished http://addons.prestashop.com/en/referral-loy in must_have_module_list.xml file.
  7. Error found : Premature end of data in tag url line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.
  8. Error found : Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.
  9. Error found : Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.

Prestashop version is 1.7.1.1

How could i solve it?

• 3 weeks later...

Prestashop 1.7.1.1. The similar error. Yesterday everything worked fine. Today when i try to log in to Admin Console it writes errors.

1. Error found : CData section not finished Da in country_module_list.xml file.
  2. Error found : Premature end of data in tag displayName line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  3. Error found : Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  4. Error found : Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in country_module_list.xml file

I tried to delete default_country_modules_list.xml and it helps! It is in \config\xml directory.
Edited by zatv (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

The error message I have in BackOffice is this: Error found : StartTag: invalid element name in must_have_module_list.xml file. 

I did delete must_have_module_list.xml from Public HTML/Config/XML few times and it doesn´t work.

I think it´s a right file, however the problem might be somewhere else and I can not find it.

As I can see this file must_have_module_list.xml is generated with an error. I tried to change it by old version ( which I had before web migration) and it didn´t work either as it was swapped automatically by system.

The content of this file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><modules><!-- PM_MODS --><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>301 Moved Permanently</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Moved Permanently</h1>
<p>The document has moved <a href="https://www.presta-module.com/cross-selling-addons-modules-footer?xml=1&amp;iso=es&amp;pm=dmVyLTEuNi4xLjR8Y3VycmVudC1wbV9hZHZhbmNlZHRvcG1lbnV8cG1fYWR2YW5jZWR0b3BtZW51LTEuOS4xMA%3D%3D">here</a>.</p>
</body></html>

• 10 months later...
On 24/6/2017 at 10:56 AM, zatv said:

Prestashop 1.7.1.1. The similar error. Yesterday everything worked fine. Today when i try to log in to Admin Console it writes errors.

1. Error found : CData section not finished Da in country_module_list.xml file.
  2. Error found : Premature end of data in tag displayName line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  3. Error found : Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  4. Error found : Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in country_module_list.xml file

I tried to delete default_country_modules_list.xml and it helps! It is in \config\xml directory.

God bless you!!! Thank you! :)

[1.6.1.18]

Hi, i'm experiencing the same problem (errors without doing nothing wrong) ... and i bet others ....

I think the problem is the server addons.prestashop.com that doesn't working correctly right now...

I'll wait 'til the server will work again.

I'm confident, then, the errors will disappears... maybe after clearing the cache.

UPDATE! After a few hours everything is now ok, no more errors. Just wait and do nothing for a while. Often are server problems

and doing this or that could cause some files corruption..

PS. Just an advice... disable the module about "Best Trader" (don't remember the name) ... gamification module... it's not useful and often slows backoffice loading.

Danny

Edited by Danny (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, edoluz said:

Hello, same error on PS 1.6.1.2... in the meanwhile addons.prestashop.com was down, slow or unavailable.

Is this error connected in some ways to addons.prestashop.com?

Should we delete the XML file or wait?

Thank you!

read my message just before yours. I waited and then everything is ok.

Danny

2 hours ago, Danny said:

[1.6.1.18]

Hi, i'm experiencing the same problem (errors without doing nothing wrong) ... and i bet others ....

I think the problem is the server addons.prestashop.com that doesn't working correctly right now...

I'm confident, then, the errors will disappears... maybe after clearing the cache.

UPDATE! After a few hours everything is now ok, no more errors. Just wait and do nothing for a while. Often are server problems

PS. Just an advice... disable the module about "Best Trader" (don't remember the name) ... gamification module... it's not useful and often slows backoffice loading.

Danny

Thank you Danny for these intels, we'll try to do like you. Wait and see ! 

Fixed: I had the same issue with PS 1.7

Error found : StartTag: invalid element name in must_have_module_list.xml file.
Error found: Premature end of data in tag GBP line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.
Error found: Premature end of data in tag price line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.
Error found: Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.
Error found: Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.

I have just removed the file must_have_module_list.xml, this file is located under config/xml/must_have_module_list.xml

Ps. Don't delete the file rename it, so you still have back up. 

• 4 months later...

Hello,

If deleting does not works, if you can access to the unix files, remove file and then use the touch command (make file with 0 lenght) and change attributes to 444 :

cp must_have_modules_list.xml must_have_modules_list.xml.orig

delete must_have_modules_list.xml

touch must_have_modules_list.xml

chmod 444 must_have_modules_list.xml

• 4 months later...
On 6/4/2017 at 3:39 PM, senvalee said:

It show several error when I login Prestashop 

1. Error found : StartTag: invalid element name in country_module_list.xml file.
  2. Error found : Premature end of data in tag badge line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  3. Error found : Premature end of data in tag badges line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  4. Error found : Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  5. Error found : Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  6. Error found : CData section not finished http://addons.prestashop.com/en/referral-loy in must_have_module_list.xml file.
  7. Error found : Premature end of data in tag url line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.
  8. Error found : Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.
  9. Error found : Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.

Prestashop version is 1.7.1.1

How could i solve it?

just Delete these files from cofig/xml 

default_country_modules_list.xml

and

must_have_modules_list.xml

• 1 year later...

Hello, i am facing this problem with my prestashop Backoffice screen, now I am logged out and it appear when i try to log into the Backoffice of my website. i try to delete the files but it automatically generate themselves. i am seeking the solution for this problem. I will glad if anyone provide me a solution regarding to this

Error found : CData section not finished Communicate quickly and efficiently about your new in must_have_module_list.xml file.

Error found : Premature end of data in tag additional description line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.

Error found : Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.

Error found : Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.

• 3 years later...
On 10/9/2018 at 5:40 PM, Danny said:

[1.6.1.18]

Danny

Hi, any idea how long to wait? I have already waited for 24 hours. I am unable to login to my backoffice.. can anyone help!

@Yogini it's long time from this topic. With PS8 most of the old Prestashop sites logged out from addons, so maybe the problem is there. You need to check if you still have your site logged and/or see if you have some modules in conflict. It's hard to say without see the website and after all this time from the original discussion. 

Danny

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Danny said:

@Yogini it's long time from this topic. With PS8 most of the old Prestashop sites logged out from addons, so maybe the problem is there. You need to check if you still have your site logged and/or see if you have some modules in conflict. It's hard to say without see the website and after all this time from the original discussion. 

Danny

Thank you so much Danny for your respoonse.

After waiting for about 35 hours, the error is gone. I could again login to the back office. So, all well now! Good that I read your message and did not make any changes, just waited patiently. Thank you so much.