Some products are not showing on the search result.

phll

Hello Prestashop people.
This is my first post here, I hope I will be clear enough.

Some products are not showing in the search result even if they use the same words in the product description.

My shop is a vinyl record store.

My catalog (more than 7000 products) is updated every morning via CRON

My daily cron task:

• all the products are set at quantity = 0 via sql query in the database 
  • all the quantity = 0 are disabled via sql query in the database
  • all the image are erased from the server (/p/*)
  • the catalog is updated from a csv file via the module "Prestashop Importer - import product from csv, xls, xlsx v1.0.35"
  • the image folder is checked and cleaned via the module "elegant image cleaner".
  • the search index is updated completely
  • then I have eBay synchro crons

Everything's work smoothly, except that I have recently found a problem with the search result.

For exemple, the research of "replica" show up only 4 results, and should at least show up 18 records.

e.g. this album 

https://www.la-face-cachee.com/disques-vinyles-lp-records/rock/(id230460014)_atoll-l-araignee-mal-vinyl

containing the word "replica" show up in the result when this one:
https://www.la-face-cachee.com/disques-vinyles-lp-records/rock/(id340702941)_atoll-musiciens-magiciens-vinyl
or this one
https://www.la-face-cachee.com/disques-vinyles-lp-records/rock/(id356270959)_pazop-pazop-vinyl
doesn't appear.

They have the same description "Replica Records (4)".

Of course I tried to re-build the indexation, I tried also to empty the table xx_search_index and xx_search_word, and re-index after, but I have the same bad result every times.
I also tried to switch off the languages (only FR is activated now, EN is still there but deactivated), and tried to re-build the index after switching off the search option (Search within word, etc).

BUT, when I open and save a missing product, it then appears on the search result.

I have really no idea what to do, where to search.

Does someone have an idea?

Server info:
PrestaShop version: 1.6.1.7 
Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 7.0.19
Memory limit: 1024M
Max execution time: 25200 
MySQL version: 5.6.35
MySQL engine: InnoDB
MySQL driver: DbPDO 

website url:
https://www.la-face-cachee.com

Note : I have a mirror of the website for professionals only, all the system is the same, theme, server etc, only the catalog is different (760 products manually added) and the search result work as expected (showing all the "replica" products).

Note2 : I've found a weird "word" on the ​xx_search_word : "replicarpccd012", that seems to be a mix of the name "replica" and the "rpccd012" of this product:
https://www.la-face-cachee.com/cd/rock/(id355917635)_etron-fou-leloublan-live-at-the-rock-in-opposition-festival-1978-new-london-theatre-cd
The fun part is that this product appears also with the "replica" query, as expected with the "Search within word" enabled.

Thank you for reading!

Phil

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

i have the same problem and a solution

The keywords for the product exists at database , eg for product 23750 , exists  23750 keyword

The temporaly solution for me is to change default category for the product to another category, then change back to correct category!

Strange but it is working!

///edit Apr 17 2020 //

It only needs to add product to another category and remove it again. no need to change product default category

Edited by siomosp (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 6/2/2017 at 12:47 PM, phll said:

BUT, when I open and save a missing product, it then appears on the search result.

2019 year and still i have this error, but i add products via script, all database querys are ok and added, but in search not appear. When i edit product and save = product showing in search results.

Someone fix this sh*t error?

prestashop 1.6.1.20

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 11:06 AM, siomosp said:

Hello,

The keywords for the product exists at database , eg for product 23750 , exists  23750 keyword

The temporaly solution for me is to change default category for the product to another category, then change back to correct category!

this worked for us.. 

PS 1.6.1.24

• 4 months later...
On 8/19/2019 at 12:06 PM, siomosp said:

Hello,

Correct, it is working but is dificult all product no index.

i have 4000 products no index and prestashop 1.7.6.4 and the problem exist.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on Prestashop 1.7.6.5. and same error. Just clicking edit, no changes to product and save makes it ok. I have now more than 100 products and growing, I am wondering what will I do with 1000+ products.

Also,  is there by any chance system which can separate products showing and products not showing so I dont have to click them all?

Any updates on the issue?

Best regards to all,

Leo

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. I also add products using the API.

When I manually click the button to show a preview of a product, it shows up. However this is not a applicable workaround for me as I am adding thousands of products.

Is there a way to overcome this problem, for instance by using the API? 

• 5 months later...
On 11/22/2019 at 3:34 PM, mudol said:

2019 year and still i have this error, but i add products via script, all database querys are ok and added, but in search not appear. When i edit product and save = product showing in search results.

Someone fix this sh*t error?

prestashop 1.6.1.20

It operates this way because you "speak" directly to the Db when the admin "speaks" also to some hooks.

So on the end of your query execution (or every lets say 500 records) execute the respective code. ;)

• 7 months later...

@goni

Make sure that your products are index, other while you will not be able to find them.

In your backoffice, Shop parameters --> Search then scroll to box INDEXING and make sure its saying 19/19 (our whatever the amount of products you have in your store.)
If the value is not equal click on the Add missing products to the index, and even better setup a cron job to update it automatically daily, weekly, ...

afbeelding.thumb.png.e031f80b542aa5f7ff7793a0ebf039d5.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've got this problem too
Prestashop v 1.7.8.7

I've checked some of the differences between products when showing in the search results and not.

It turns out the products that weren't showing as search results weren't assigned the "HOME" category, while the others were assigned with the HOME category along with any other product category matching those products.

Adding the HOME category solved the issue for me.
Maybe you can give it a try

Best regards

Carlo