Error upgrading from 1.7.0.2 to 1.7.1.1 with One click upgrade

I know there's similar threads, but not from 1.7.0.2 to 1.7.1.1

I searched the interwerbs for solutions and already tried to change perms on folders and archives on autoupgrade (755 for folders, 644 for files).

I found another tip about the config.inc.php archive but that one has only two lines:

<?php //@deprecated 1.7

I'm using 1click upgrade.

hosting server php version: 5.6.30

What else could I try?

I have to say I'm a bit scared upgrading because of all the errors people is reporting from 1.7.1.1 Modules not showing/not upgrading, product changes not saving... I know this month we'll hve the 1.7.2 patch. Worth waiting?

Thanks in advance

Just after writing this I decided to do another workaround and try to update again. And you know what? I succeeded! No 503 errors, no server time out, no errors and sudden stops while upgrading.

What I made different this time?

In Advanced Parameters I checked "force recompile" and "cache off". I had some warnings but I'm checking everything and the whole thing seems fine.

Of course I had the "modules not showing issue". Luckily this has an easy solution for me.

Just copy your cacert.pem archive from:
public_html/*yourshop/vendor/composer/ca-bundle/res/cacert.pem

to the folder:
public_html/*yourshop/app/cache/prod/cacert.pem

For safety, download this archive in a safe place and do the operation from Filezilla or your hosting backoffice.

The file must be in both folders. Just F5 after that and everything should be fine again.

Note: Probably guessed but just to make it sure, you have to change *yourshop to the folder name you have for your own very shop!

You'll get this modules weirdness everytime you modify your theme.

Edited by restorhome (see edit history)
  • Like 1