Hi guys,

What about including an auction module so that if any customer is interested in selling in the Prestashop, can put up. It is about buying and selling. So it becomes two-way. Of course, the shop owner can charge a fee for hosting.

Cheers.
HN Design

This has been brought up one or two times before (and was always 'shot down'). The problem with this is that it is not what PrestaShop was designed for. You could _PROBABLY_ create a module to do this, but the point is that it is not something that was forseen at the beginning, it would be difficult to implement. PrestaShop was never meant to be a "run-your-own ebay".

--Kevin

Hello Kevin.

Great to read your reply.

I understand PrestaShop (PS) was not initially designed for auction-type store. This perfectly fine.

However, the reason why many of us adopted PS because we wanted to open an online store.

This PS online store is perfectly fine if the seller sells his/her own products. Say, Apple wants to sell their own products.

But, for people like me, who wants to run an online retail-shop for products from other third-party sources, there is a huge competition. Attracting customers to the website is going to have some difficulty. Now what I think is if we let others to sell their products as well, the traffic to the site would increace (you will have a customer/seller base too). With this we may be able to tap some more market. Ultimately, as long as we get some fee, that is fine. I guess Amazon does that too.

Now coming to the initial point, if there is a possibility to 'expand' PS like that of Amazon (with a touch of ebay if you like) it would still be nice and flexible.

Cheers
HN Design

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I did changes in prestashop core and finally a user can add categories and products with basic features (first tab in add product+ image).
I am developing it for Multi-Store and I had already developed an Multi-Shop setup.

Developers can do anything its not that hard.

For Multi-Shop read my post and comments here.
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/11757/

Regards,
Taara

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Beautiful module Mike ;)

Would be nice if it was a bit cheaper, but the module looks really great and you can see that a lot off work is involved.

ysco..

Hi,

I would like to recommend my Auction module: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features/3438-Auctions.html

It has very powerfull configuration and what is importand doesn't need overwriting core Prestashop files except one template file (optional). I have more that 30 happy customers. I would be happy to answer any questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends, I think there are very few Auction modules but the one which we have installed and using is just amazing. No words for that. Developer is also very quick n prompt to solve all our issues. Not only this but he is the first developer who taught me every step about how to use it coz it is very much necessary to configure any module to suit our requirements.

3 Cheers for Radek and his great module http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features/3438-Auctions.html

• 2 months later...

Hello guys, I suggest you to check out our auction module with all the detailed installation and configuration instructions for a full performance. This model was created for prestashop and is easy to adapt by all your necessary requirements. Also you can try demo version just to make sure.

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/1644-auction.html

• 3 years later...

Hi all,

I'm newbie of auction solutions but not of Prestashop. I was finding several options (like phprodbid or Ilance for example) but finally I'm going to use the prestashop solutions, but I need some information before to buy one of them.

1. What is the difference between these two plugins? Or are they the same code as I suppose?

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/19985-auction.html

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/3438-auctions.html

2. Is it completly responsive?

3. Are there the same template of Prestashop "normal" store

4. It's possible to avoid the "normal" store and install only an auction site (like a Ebay for example)?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

The original topic of this discussion was: Can customers post their own items on the shop?

And it some how went off-topic.

1) What exact your needs are? 

The difference is developer. They both try to solve the same problem: Prestashop owner wants sell its good on the auction. But its not ebay where can sell anyone.

Different developer can have different support speed, different features, different bugs :)

You should contact each developer and measure how fast they respond and how helpful/friendly they are.

2) The responsiveness mostly depends on your chosen theme, but you can ask this personally each developer.

3) All demo version and modules are developed to be compatible with default PrestaShop theme and if you buy non-standard PrestaShop theme you can have problems. Not sure if this is what you asked.

4) Yes, you can configure as you wish, but if you have no prior experience it can be somewhat challenging for you.

Some things may not be implemented in default PrestaShop and you may need third party modules to receive functionality you want

The original topic of this discussion was: Can customers post their own items on the shop?

And it some how went off-topic.

1) What exact your needs are? 

The difference is developer. They both try to solve the same problem: Prestashop owner wants sell its good on the auction. But its not ebay where can sell anyone.

Different developer can have different support speed, different features, different bugs :)

You should contact each developer and measure how fast they respond and how helpful/friendly they are.

2) The responsiveness mostly depends on your chosen theme, but you can ask this personally each developer.

3) All demo version and modules are developed to be compatible with default PrestaShop theme and if you buy non-standard PrestaShop theme you can have problems. Not sure if this is what you asked.

4) Yes, you can configure as you wish, but if you have no prior experience it can be somewhat challenging for you.

Some things may not be implemented in default PrestaShop and you may need third party modules to receive functionality you want

1) Thank's! I'm going to contact each developer to check my development doubts

2)  Ok. As my 1) quote.

3) So, I configure a theme for the auction as I usually configure it for the "normal" prestashop store?

4) Ok, thanks