1.7 Multistore: Products in the Back Office extremely slow

TRESSET

Good afternoon. I have a multi-store on Prestashop 1.7.1.1. All shop (3 shop) are sharing the same products.

I have uploaded the products (just around 300) via CSV. Now I am trying access to the products through the Back Office to edit some details, but it is impossible. Standby time exceeds 30 seconds.

If I select only 1 shop on the top dropdown, the back office works fast, but if I select "all shops" it is impossible to edit the products.

Every time I try to access to the products, the log adds an error on a different line (I guess that's where it stops loading), like this:

[19-May-2017 18:27:31 Europe] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Parser.php on line 690

The rest of the back office works fast, only this happens when I try to access an individual product.

Any possible solution? Thank you very much!!  :)

Normal behavior on Prestashop 1.7. and one of the bugs (see HERE - this bug is set to "minor" - so you will fight with it certainly longer, cause it will not debugged as priority). As advised before, best is to stay with PS 1.6. latest stable version. From my point of view and other "old" Prestashop users PS 1.7. will not seriously usable till end of the year (. There are several problems with it. ;)

I also had a lot of problems with Prestashop 5 and 6. It seems that now that version 7 has been released, the 6 was perfect, but nope  :)

I have given notice on the Forge. Thank you for the link  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon.

I have disabled non-native modules and override methods, and the problem continues.

When I open a product I get this message in the error console: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

The problem of slowness happens only when I open a product on the Back Office, so the problem must be in the native code that opens the product. For example right now: 103 requests | 203 KB transferred | Finish: 1.5min | DOMContentLoaded: 1.4min | Load: 1.4min

Queued at 0

Started at 6.06ms

Resource Sheduling: 6.06ms

Connection Start: 0.47ms

Request/Response

Request Sent: 0.12ms

Waiting (TTFB): 1.4min

Content Download: 505.73ms

1 minute and 40 seconds to open a product on the Back Office  :blink: Please any suggestions to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by TRESSET (see edit history)

Good afternoon. I have a multi-store on Prestashop 1.7.1.1. All shop (3 shop) are sharing the same products.

I have uploaded the products (just around 300) via CSV. Now I am trying access to the products through the Back Office to edit some details, but it is extremely slow (from 40 seconds to 1 or 2 minutes)

If I select only 1 shop on the top dropdown, the back office works fast, but if I select "all shops" it is impossible to edit the products.

The rest of the back office works fast, only this happens when I try to access an individual product.

I have disabled non-native modules and override methods, and the problem continues.

When I open a product I get this message in the error console: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

The problem of slowness happens only when I open a product on the Back Office, so the problem must be in the native code that opens the product. For example right now: 103 requests | 203 KB transferred | Finish: 1.5min | DOMContentLoaded: 1.4min | Load: 1.4min

Queued at 0

Started at 6.06ms

Resource Sheduling: 6.06ms

Connection Start: 0.47ms

Request/Response

Request Sent: 0.12ms

Waiting (TTFB): 1.4min

Content Download: 505.73ms

1 minute and 40 seconds to open a product on the Back Office :(  Please any possible solution? Thank you very much!!  :)

If already discussed here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/610988-products-in-the-back-office-seriously-slow/ (topics merged for better overview)

This is a bug of Prestashop 1.7. indifferent if you are using multi store or not, the site or scripting does not change, if you use single or multi-shop. ;)

Thanks for your answer. I've explained myself wrongly, the slowness of the back office only happens when I have "All shops" selected. And only when I open a product. When saving the product for example, it goes fast, and in all other sections goes fast.

Any idea to try to solve it?  :)

No idea how to solve.

As discussed before, we do not suggest to use PS 1.7. for shops in production. PS 1.7. is still in beta and full of bugs. If you don't want to wait that major bugs like this one are debugged (don't think PS 1.7. will be stable working till end of the year), than you should use PS 1.6. stable latest version, which is nearly bugfree,

• 4 years later...