en Jump to content
DataKick

[Free Module] PriceAlert - Follow the Price

Price Alert - Follow the Price

price-alert.png

This free module will allow your customers to easily create price alerts on products and combinations. They will receive email when price drops below this indicated threshold.

Not only is this a powerful incentive for them to return to your shop, but it also gives you interesting information - email addresses and expected price. You can use it to optimise your pricing strategy or for other marketing purposes.

You can download the latest version of module here 

If you find any bug please file an issue on github 

Demo: you can test this functionality on my demo account: Front Office / Back Office

Features

• sends automated email when price drops
  • alerts can be created by anonymous visitors as well as registered customers
  • supports product combinations - notification can be set for specific combination only
  • supports multiple currencies
  • change email template
  • modern design

Accessing data

Module itself doesn't have any functionality to export price alert data, but it is integrated with DataKick module - your price alerts data will be available for creating lists, xml exports, inline editing and mass updates just as any regular record type. Minimal required version of datakick module is 1.4.1

price-alert-list.png

Edited by DataKick

Hi, this module seems interesting.

Some ideas for the next version of it....to : 

• add a % of the unit price that the price could fall (As it is, i am going to have too many clients that want something for free  :) )
  • either give us their mail or their phonenumber

Thanks

Hi, this module seems interesting.

Some ideas for the next version of it....to : 

• add a % of the unit price that the price could fall (As it is, i am going to have too many clients that want something for free  :) )
  • either give us their mail or their phonenumber

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll make sure to include it to the next version.

As for #1 - this functionality is somewhat supported, although there isn't configuration option in UI. To change min discount, you can simply edit file pricealert.php, and change line 320 to another value, for example 0.75 to allow max 25% drop. Default value is 0.2, so it allows for 80% price drop.

'config' => array(
  'separator' => Configuration::get('PS_ATTRIBUTE_ANCHOR_SEPARATOR'),
  'defaultDiscount' => 0.8,
  'minDiscount' => 0.2         //change this line
),

Good  morning, 

just came here to report the mobile thing but eldermaster was faster than me.

I also think that the module would have much clearer function to the end-user if the values on the slider start from the value of the product and go till the minimal allowed discount. (and not till 0 euros).

This module is a really good idea, thanks for your efforts.

Hello,

Nice feature.

Can you improve it even more in order to be adapted on mobiles?

Because at this moment the alert price screen is way to large to work ok on mobiles.

Thank you,

New version 1.0.3 fixes this mobile issue. Could you please test and let me know if you encounter any problems?

I also think that the module would have much clearer function to the end-user if the values on the slider start from the value of the product and go till the minimal allowed discount. (and not till 0 euros).

I agree, implemented in new version 1.0.3

Hello, No alert on the backoffice ? Thank you

Hi,

no, there is no alert / email sent when customer creates Price Alert. The only email that is fired is the email to the customer when price drops below threshold. 

If you, as a store owner, are interested in created price alert, you can install datakick module, and create list with this data. Have a look at my demo account for example of such list.

price-alert-data-list.png

Hello, Thank you for the answer, It is not possible to add this function to the module ?

It's definitely a nice to have feature, I've added this to my backlog. It may take a while, though. I'm kinda swamped at the moment. 

9 hours ago, Soyons zen said:

HI, Thank you, Pricealert-1_0_2 no pricealert-1_0_5 ?  no alert on the back office? and does not take into account https?

sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say. Could you please explain?

1 hour ago, Soyons zen said:

Hello, still me ;) now it works, it's normal no alert at the back office ?

Hi,

no, there's no back-office alert - the new version only added alert via email. If you wish, you can add this feature request to github

Hi,

thank you for this module. I have tested it and i see no notifications sent to customer when price match is met. I see notification in backoffice via mail.

I have installed also Mail for different languages.

Any idea? 

2 hours ago, dmr-electronics said:

Hi,

thank you for this module. I have tested it and i see no notifications sent to customer when price match is met. I see notification in backoffice via mail.

I have installed also Mail for different languages.

Any idea? 

Hello,

do you have the latest version 1.0.6?

I've just tested it, and it successfully sent both notification email when new alert has been created, and also alert to customer when price dropped below threshold.

I have no idea why it didn't worked for you. You can look into table ps_ph_pricealert to see if the price alert exists, and also if the email was sent (== if the send email request was passed to prestashop core)  

2 hours ago, DataKick said:

Hello,

do you have the latest version 1.0.6?

I've just tested it, and it successfully sent both notification email when new alert has been created, and also alert to customer when price dropped below threshold.

I have no idea why it didn't worked for you. You can look into table ps_ph_pricealert to see if the price alert exists, and also if the email was sent (== if the send email request was passed to prestashop core)  

Hi yes i have latest version installed this is what i see after discounted the product as example:

image.thumb.png.b342ef7d2ebe28391d3c5d5bbbaea156.png 

below my settings:

image.thumb.png.6d98b078180569b7d7a868d7ebbc8840.png

Below added discount 50%

image.png.653e8a1096db15b50716feb004010f2e.png

I get notification in my backoffice:

Not on my private gmail account.

My mail system is working correct, i use PHP 7.1.12.

image.png.bcfeb5bc06710ddb3d484245383c90a1.png

Edited by dmr-electronics

12 minutes ago, dmr-electronics said:

Below added discount 50%

I get notification in my backoffice:

Not on my private gmail account.

My mail system is working correct, i use PHP 7.1.12.

Thank you for the info. Can I ask what ps version do you use? Also (just to be sure) - did you update price from the backoffice? Not directly in database, or via some other process (import)?

Just now, DataKick said:

Thank you for the info. Can I ask what ps version do you use? Also (just to be sure) - did you update price from the backoffice? Not directly in database, or via some other process (import)?

Just now, DataKick said:

I use Prestashop 1.6.1.17 latest release from series 1.6 and yes i use Storemanager directly from my workspace and connect via sql to update the discount. i did also update  directly in the backofiice noting changed. form send to my private mail point of vieuw 1.6.1.17

10 minutes ago, dmr-electronics said:

I use Prestashop 1.6.1.17 latest release from series 1.6 and yes i use Storemanager directly from my workspace and connect via sql to update the discount. i did also update  directly in the backofiice noting changed. form send to my private mail point of vieuw 1.6.1.17

Ohh, I guess I'm starting to see the problem. You wrote to update the discount - does that mean you didn't change the product price, but you have created/updated specific price or cart rule?

These methods do not trigger the product update hook this module depends on, so email are not send (not until product is re-saved). I'll have to investigate and find a way to fix this problem.

2 hours ago, DataKick said:

Ohh, I guess I'm starting to see the problem. You wrote to update the discount - does that mean you didn't change the product price, but you have created/updated specific price or cart rule?

These methods do not trigger the product update hook this module depends on, so email are not send (not until product is re-saved). I'll have to investigate and find a way to fix this problem.

Ah i see, that can course the situation here, i think its best to trigger the final price so that if you discount the product price our change the price manualy then it has to trigger. hope you can find a solution for that.

Thanks for your time.

Hello,

I don't know why but this module doesn't work for me. I first thought that is because of me disabling english language, then i activate it but still no customer email neither notification of client email. (it doesn't say "alert created", it just closes)

I am usinfg Prestashop 1.7.2.4. 

Could you give a hint please?

for those interested in error reported by @zelddaniel - this seems to be related to server configuration. Server returns 403: Forbidden: Access to this resource on the server is denied error when sending POST request to ajax handler. There must be some security software, unusually strict .htaccess, or something similar.

Hi again,

You were right indeed :) It was a problem from the hosting provider. They reset permissions to subdomain level and now it works. 

Great module!

Edited by zelddaniel

First of all, thank you for the module. Small issue, when I hover above the text "Alert me when price drops", the mouse over text is: Add to my wishlist

Any idea how to change it please? I was unable to find it anywhere under translations.

4 minutes ago, Soyons zen said:

Hello thank you for sharing, when I click, create an alert no pop that opens? info the first version works well ps 1.6

could you PM me your shop address, so I can have a look?

6 minutes ago, Soyons zen said:

Hello thank you for sharing, when I click, create an alert no pop that opens? info the first version works well ps 1.6

Hi i have the same problem

10 minutes ago, DataKick said:

Can you share your domain url? Also, what browser do you use?

my domain is www.akrom.eu and i use crome browser

Hello!! I tried on PS 1.7 and it doesn't show me any button on product page.

I'm not using Classic Prestashop theme.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Edited by colives