DataKick

[Free Module] PriceAlert - Follow the Price

Price Alert - Follow the Price

price-alert.png

This free module will allow your customers to easily create price alerts on products and combinations. They will receive email when price drops below this indicated threshold.

Not only is this a powerful incentive for them to return to your shop, but it also gives you interesting information - email addresses and expected price. You can use it to optimise your pricing strategy or for other marketing purposes.

You can download the latest version of module here 

If you find any bug please file an issue on github 

Demo: you can test this functionality on my demo account: Front Office / Back Office

Features

• sends automated email when price drops
  • alerts can be created by anonymous visitors as well as registered customers
  • supports product combinations - notification can be set for specific combination only
  • supports multiple currencies
  • change email template
  • modern design

Accessing data

Module itself doesn't have any functionality to export price alert data, but it is integrated with DataKick module - your price alerts data will be available for creating lists, xml exports, inline editing and mass updates just as any regular record type. Minimal required version of datakick module is 1.4.1

price-alert-list.png

Edited by DataKick (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Hi, this module seems interesting.

Some ideas for the next version of it....to : 

• add a % of the unit price that the price could fall (As it is, i am going to have too many clients that want something for free  :) )
  • either give us their mail or their phonenumber

Thanks

Hi, this module seems interesting.

Some ideas for the next version of it....to : 

• add a % of the unit price that the price could fall (As it is, i am going to have too many clients that want something for free  :) )
  • either give us their mail or their phonenumber

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll make sure to include it to the next version.

As for #1 - this functionality is somewhat supported, although there isn't configuration option in UI. To change min discount, you can simply edit file pricealert.php, and change line 320 to another value, for example 0.75 to allow max 25% drop. Default value is 0.2, so it allows for 80% price drop.

'config' => array(
  'separator' => Configuration::get('PS_ATTRIBUTE_ANCHOR_SEPARATOR'),
  'defaultDiscount' => 0.8,
  'minDiscount' => 0.2         //change this line
),

I've just released new version 1.0.2 - this one will let you configure minimal and initial discount

price-alert-configure.png

• Like 1

Hello,

Nice feature.

Can you improve it even more in order to be adapted on mobiles?

Because at this moment the alert price screen is way to large to work ok on mobiles.

Thank you,

• Like 2

Good  morning, 

just came here to report the mobile thing but eldermaster was faster than me.

I also think that the module would have much clearer function to the end-user if the values on the slider start from the value of the product and go till the minimal allowed discount. (and not till 0 euros).

This module is a really good idea, thanks for your efforts.

Hello,

Nice feature.

Can you improve it even more in order to be adapted on mobiles?

Because at this moment the alert price screen is way to large to work ok on mobiles.

Thank you,

New version 1.0.3 fixes this mobile issue. Could you please test and let me know if you encounter any problems?

I also think that the module would have much clearer function to the end-user if the values on the slider start from the value of the product and go till the minimal allowed discount. (and not till 0 euros).

I agree, implemented in new version 1.0.3

Nice update!

Works now! I will continue to test to see if mail is sent!

I will post if I find something new!

Thank you for your contribution to the comunity!

Hello, No alert on the backoffice ? Thank you

Hi,

no, there is no alert / email sent when customer creates Price Alert. The only email that is fired is the email to the customer when price drops below threshold. 

If you, as a store owner, are interested in created price alert, you can install datakick module, and create list with this data. Have a look at my demo account for example of such list.

price-alert-data-list.png

Hello, Thank you for the answer, It is not possible to add this function to the module ?

Hello, Thank you for the answer, It is not possible to add this function to the module ?

It's definitely a nice to have feature, I've added this to my backlog. It may take a while, though. I'm kinda swamped at the moment. 

• Like 1

It's definitely a nice to have feature, I've added this to my backlog. It may take a while, though. I'm kinda swamped at the moment. 

Hello, Thank you my friend..!

I've just released a new version of this module - module now sends notification about newly created price alerts to specified email address. And also official thirtybees support.

screencast.gif.67c30cbba015b7874c65842863ab5a4e.gif

• Like 1

HI, Thank you, Pricealert-1_0_2 no pricealert-1_0_5 ?  no alert on the back office? and does not take into account https?

9 hours ago, Soyons zen said:

HI, Thank you, Pricealert-1_0_2 no pricealert-1_0_5 ?  no alert on the back office? and does not take into account https?

sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say. Could you please explain?

Oh, I see - the js file is not loaded on https connections due to mixed content. I'll fix this. Wait for new version

1 hour ago, Soyons zen said:

Hello, still me ;) now it works, it's normal no alert at the back office ?

Hi,

no, there's no back-office alert - the new version only added alert via email. If you wish, you can add this feature request to github

1 hour ago, DataKick said:

Hi,

no, there's no back-office alert - the new version only added alert via email. If you wish, you can add this feature request to github

Ok

Hi,

thank you for this module. I have tested it and i see no notifications sent to customer when price match is met. I see notification in backoffice via mail.

I have installed also Mail for different languages.

Any idea? 

2 hours ago, dmr-electronics said:

Hi,

thank you for this module. I have tested it and i see no notifications sent to customer when price match is met. I see notification in backoffice via mail.

I have installed also Mail for different languages.

Any idea? 

Hello,

do you have the latest version 1.0.6?

I've just tested it, and it successfully sent both notification email when new alert has been created, and also alert to customer when price dropped below threshold.

I have no idea why it didn't worked for you. You can look into table ps_ph_pricealert to see if the price alert exists, and also if the email was sent (== if the send email request was passed to prestashop core)  

2 hours ago, DataKick said:

Hello,

do you have the latest version 1.0.6?

I've just tested it, and it successfully sent both notification email when new alert has been created, and also alert to customer when price dropped below threshold.

I have no idea why it didn't worked for you. You can look into table ps_ph_pricealert to see if the price alert exists, and also if the email was sent (== if the send email request was passed to prestashop core)  

Hi yes i have latest version installed this is what i see after discounted the product as example:

image.thumb.png.b342ef7d2ebe28391d3c5d5bbbaea156.png 

below my settings:

image.thumb.png.6d98b078180569b7d7a868d7ebbc8840.png

Below added discount 50%

image.png.653e8a1096db15b50716feb004010f2e.png

I get notification in my backoffice:

Not on my private gmail account.

My mail system is working correct, i use PHP 7.1.12.

image.png.bcfeb5bc06710ddb3d484245383c90a1.png

Edited by dmr-electronics (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, dmr-electronics said:

Below added discount 50%

I get notification in my backoffice:

Not on my private gmail account.

My mail system is working correct, i use PHP 7.1.12.

Thank you for the info. Can I ask what ps version do you use? Also (just to be sure) - did you update price from the backoffice? Not directly in database, or via some other process (import)?

Just now, DataKick said:

Thank you for the info. Can I ask what ps version do you use? Also (just to be sure) - did you update price from the backoffice? Not directly in database, or via some other process (import)?

Just now, DataKick said:

I use Prestashop 1.6.1.17 latest release from series 1.6 and yes i use Storemanager directly from my workspace and connect via sql to update the discount. i did also update  directly in the backofiice noting changed. form send to my private mail point of vieuw 1.6.1.17

10 minutes ago, dmr-electronics said:

I use Prestashop 1.6.1.17 latest release from series 1.6 and yes i use Storemanager directly from my workspace and connect via sql to update the discount. i did also update  directly in the backofiice noting changed. form send to my private mail point of vieuw 1.6.1.17

Ohh, I guess I'm starting to see the problem. You wrote to update the discount - does that mean you didn't change the product price, but you have created/updated specific price or cart rule?

These methods do not trigger the product update hook this module depends on, so email are not send (not until product is re-saved). I'll have to investigate and find a way to fix this problem.

Ohh, I guess I'm starting to see the problem. You wrote to update the discount - does that mean you didn't change the product price, but you have created/updated specific price or cart rule?

These methods do not trigger the product update hook this module depends on, so email are not send (not until product is re-saved). I'll have to investigate and find a way to fix this problem.

Ah i see, that can course the situation here, i think its best to trigger the final price so that if you discount the product price our change the price manualy then it has to trigger. hope you can find a solution for that.

Thanks for your time.

Hello,

I don't know why but this module doesn't work for me. I first thought that is because of me disabling english language, then i activate it but still no customer email neither notification of client email. (it doesn't say "alert created", it just closes)

I am usinfg Prestashop 1.7.2.4. 

Could you give a hint please?

for those interested in error reported by @zelddaniel - this seems to be related to server configuration. Server returns 403: Forbidden: Access to this resource on the server is denied error when sending POST request to ajax handler. There must be some security software, unusually strict .htaccess, or something similar.

Hi again,

You were right indeed :) It was a problem from the hosting provider. They reset permissions to subdomain level and now it works. 

Great module!

Edited by zelddaniel (see edit history)

First of all, thank you for the module. Small issue, when I hover above the text "Alert me when price drops", the mouse over text is: Add to my wishlist

Any idea how to change it please? I was unable to find it anywhere under translations.

Hello thank you for sharing, when I click, create an alert no pop that opens? info the first version works well ps 1.6

4 minutes ago, Soyons zen said:

Hello thank you for sharing, when I click, create an alert no pop that opens? info the first version works well ps 1.6

could you PM me your shop address, so I can have a look?

6 minutes ago, Soyons zen said:

Hi i have the same problem

7 minutes ago, akrom said:

Hi i have the same problem

Can you share your domain url? Also, what browser do you use?

18 minutes ago, DataKick said:

could you PM me your shop address, so I can have a look?

Thank, it's done in m p

10 minutes ago, DataKick said:

Can you share your domain url? Also, what browser do you use?

my domain is www.akrom.eu and i use crome browser

Hello!! I tried on PS 1.7 and it doesn't show me any button on product page.

I'm not using Classic Prestashop theme.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Edited by colives (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, colives said:

Hello!! I tried on PS 1.7 and it doesn't show me any button on product page.

I'm not using Classic Prestashop theme.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

this module uses hook displayProductButtons (renamed to displayProductAdditionalInfo in 1.7.1.x) to render button. Make sure your theme actually displays this hook. And of course, clear caches (server/browser/cloudflare/...)

12 minutes ago, DataKick said:

this module uses hook displayProductButtons (renamed to displayProductAdditionalInfo in 1.7.1.x) to render button. Make sure your theme actually displays this hook. And of course, clear caches (server/browser/cloudflare/...)

I guess it doesn't. How could I fix it?

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, colives said:

Thanks!!

Well, I think I fix the half of the problem.

I included {include file="module:pricealert/views/templates/hook/pricealert.tpl"} on the tpl file which controls ADD TO CART button.

Now it is showed but the problem is that it doesn't do anything, it diesn't appear any pop-up to set the alert.

1 hour ago, colives said:

You will have to either modify your template, or module code.

1) modify template - put this code to appropriate place in your template

{hook h='displayProductAdditionalInfo' product=$product}

2) modify module - this one is much more complicated. You'll have to edit file pricealert.php, and 

- register appropriate hook, probably displayRightColumnProduct

- implement function hookDisplayRightColumnProduct, in the same (or very similar) way to how hookDisplayProductButtons function works

EDIT: my original suggestion was for ps16. The above fix is for ps1.7.1.x

5 hours ago, DataKick said:

You will have to either modify your template, or module code.

1) modify template - put this code to appropriate place in your template

{hook h='displayProductAdditionalInfo' product=$product}

2) modify module - this one is much more complicated. You'll have to edit file pricealert.php, and 

- register appropriate hook, probably displayRightColumnProduct

- implement function hookDisplayRightColumnProduct, in the same (or very similar) way to how hookDisplayProductButtons function works

EDIT: my original suggestion was for ps16. The above fix is for ps1.7.1.x

Thanks!

I made it work!

But it doesn't update current price if I chose another combination.

Hi.

The module is not sending notification when the price drops. 
I just receive the email notification that a new price alert was created. 

I am using Prestashop 1.6.1. version.

Can you help me?

Edited by iamhenrique (see edit history)

14 hours ago, iamhenrique said:

Hi.

The module is not sending notification when the price drops. 
I just receive the email notification that a new price alert was created. 

I am using Prestashop 1.6.1. version.

Can you help me?

Have you translated email template to languages you use in your store?

1 hour ago, DataKick said:

Have you translated email template to languages you use in your store?

No. Is that the reason?

23 minutes ago, iamhenrique said:

No. Is that the reason?

Very likely, as Prestashop will not send email if template for given language is not found.

There is an email address in the message that admin receives, however it is admin's email not customers right? Is it possible to have customers email address there instead? Kind of pointless to receive own email address...

Very likely, as Prestashop will not send email if template for given language is not found.

I created the translations but the prestashop is just sending the 'pricealert_notification'. 
The 'pricealert_drop' doesn't work yet. 
See the image.
I think it's a problem with the version 1.6.1 of prestashop because in the version 1.7.3 it's working well.
I already tested in both version with and without my prestashop theme, in single or multilanguage store.
I really tried to make it work but I already don't know what to do anymore.

How could you help me with this issue?

Captura de ecrã 2018-03-14, às 11.48.09.png

Edited by iamhenrique (see edit history)

HI, I'm currently using 1.7.2  with two languages but emails to customer have always subject in English "Price dropped on %s" and I'm unable to translate it. I've edited the pricealert_drop.html <title> but it doesn't help, still English subject. Any ideas please? I did not find the subject in database either.

Hi, it works even on 1.6 versions...! if you have a no-default theme it can be the cause ?

Edited by Soyons zen (see edit history)

4 hours ago, mr_absinthe said:

HI, I'm currently using 1.7.2  with two languages but emails to customer have always subject in English "Price dropped on %s" and I'm unable to translate it. I've edited the pricealert_drop.html <title> but it doesn't help, still English subject. Any ideas please? I did not find the subject in database either.

1. Localization > Translations

2. Modify Translations:  (Type of translation = Email Templates Translations)

3. Find price alert module, and you can translate email subject

pricealert.thumb.png.c1162d74ae45e5b21fecbbe04b625681.png

On 3/14/2018 at 6:56 PM, DataKick said:

1. Localization > Translations

2. Modify Translations:  (Type of translation = Email Templates Translations)

3. Find price alert module, and you can translate email subject

pricealert.thumb.png.c1162d74ae45e5b21fecbbe04b625681.png

That is exactly what I did as a first step, however the field remains empty and subject in English after I saved it. Tried several times with no luck. No matter if I select core or theme. Is it being saved to a database or a file? I could edit it manually if I know where to look.

On 3/17/2018 at 11:27 PM, mr_absinthe said:

That is exactly what I did as a first step, however the field remains empty and subject in English after I saved it. Tried several times with no luck. No matter if I select core or theme. Is it being saved to a database or a file? I could edit it manually if I know where to look.

Translations for subjects are stored in lang.php file, in /themes/<theme>/mails/<language>/lang.php

for example in file: /themes/default-bootstrap/mails/cs/lang.php:

lang.png.d6d0b55a1cc4e16aa330c48f43c0487d.png

Strange, the lang.php file is almost empty (same in classic theme), however the subject line is there:

$_LANGMAIL['Price dropped on %s'] = '%s  - snížili jsme cenu!';

But despite the above, when I go to Localization > Translations, the subject field is empty.

Edited by mr_absinthe (see edit history)

1 hour ago, mr_absinthe said:

Strange, the lang.php file is almost empty (same in classic theme), however the subject line is there:

When I go to Localization > Translations, the subject field is empty.

Must be some bug in prestashop core, or with some override you may be using. What ps version do you use?

On 9-1-2018 at 6:09 PM, DataKick said:

Hi, Did you solve the the price alert when discount is given instead of hard price change? And during my test i discovered that price alert is not working correct when you have product combinations activated on a specific product page. Then it will only change the base price of the master product not the combination of models and types with different pricing.

On 19-3-2018 at 1:25 PM, mr_absinthe said:

But despite the above, when I go to Localization > Translations, the subject field is empty.

You need to copy the directory "en" insite the module then create a new directory of your local language and past the files inside that new directory. After that you can change the emails language from your admin site.

The following issue is caused most likely by the theme therefore not sure if it could be changed... when in any category and I click "quick view", there is a link "Alert me when price drops" in bottom right corner. However when I click on it, it does nothing. I've noticed that on your demo page, there is  ?content_only=1# appended at the end of an url. This is missing in my case, there is only # at the end.

11 hours ago, mr_absinthe said:

The following issue is caused most likely by the theme therefore not sure if it could be changed... when in any category and I click "quick view", there is a link "Alert me when price drops" in bottom right corner. However when I click on it, it does nothing. I've noticed that on your demo page, there is  ?content_only=1# appended at the end of an url. This is missing in my case, there is only # at the end.

Could you share your shop url? There's either some javascript error that's preventing popup, or maybe popup is displayed, but is not visible (has low z-index)

This is the problem with ps17. In ps16, the quickview actually shows whole product page inside iframe. In ps17 only html fragments of product page are returned via ajax call, and rendered inside modal window, on product listing page.

The problem is that there can be a javascript that is loaded ONLY on product page. And if the html fragment grabbed from product page depends on this javascript, it will not work when transplanted to product listing page.

I'll add fix to next version of this module that will load this javascript on product listing page as well.

But I thing the root cause is in how ps17 designed this functionality.  I've noticed on your site that the same issue reproduces with 'Notify me when back in stock' functionality as well. Again, javascript file is missing, so your customers can't subscribe to notification. In console, there's this error message: Uncaught ReferenceError: addNotification is not defined.

Thank you for taking time to have a look at it, I'm sure that 1.7 is not perfect, but what is...? Perhaps it will get only better with further updates. And thank you for offering great free modules to a community!

Hi DataKick and thanks to share your work with us.

Your module works great on my test website, but it's look like to do nothing if catalog price rule (create a discount) or specific price.

it's normal operation or I broke something ?

An other thing : when product with combinations, i can select any combination but the price-bar to select is always product with defaut price.

Edited by kokoon (see edit history)

On 4/9/2018 at 2:58 PM, kokoon said:

Hi DataKick and thanks to share your work with us.

Your module works great on my test website, but it's look like to do nothing if catalog price rule (create a discount) or specific price.

it's normal operation or I broke something ?

An other thing : when product with combinations, i can select any combination but the price-bar to select is always product with defaut price.

Hi, you are right, it does not work with cart rules / specific prices.

Support for specific prices is in my backlog, and I plan to implement this into next version.

I don't think I can make this module work with cart rules anytime soon, though. It would require to go over all price alerts and test each and every one of them every time cart rule is created / updated. That's a big complexity, and it would have big impact on performance.

With price / specific price, the performance implications aren't that big, as I know final price beforehand, and can find all matching price alertes using simple sql query.

Hi DataKick.

The module is already cool like that, I understand perfectly the job that it asks. Thank you for that precise answer.

I don't want to abuse, but you have not answered my problem with products with combinations. I explained no correctly ? (It's possible, my English is not perfect lol).

On 14/03/2018 at 12:07 PM, mr_absinthe said:

There is an email address in the message that admin receives, however it is admin's email not customers right? Is it possible to have customers email address there instead? Kind of pointless to receive own email address...

I did not notice this detail, same thing for me.

In the email's html, {email} is used and if you look in the database (inside YOURPREFIX_ph_pricealert) the column is indeed "email" and there is the customer's email . It sould work, weird ...

1 hour ago, kokoon said:

I did not notice this detail, same thing for me.

In the email's html, {email} is used and if you look in the database (inside YOURPREFIX_ph_pricealert) the column is indeed "email" and there is the customer's email . It sould work, weird ...

Thanks, I forgot about this one. 

if anyone discovers a bug, please file an issue on github: https://github.com/getdatakick/pricealert/issues , so I don't forget about it. I've already filed an issue for this one :)

• Thanks 1

Greetings @DataKick!

Tyvm for this module I am just starting to test and which I must see seems very appealing! Cz and Ty!

However I am facing an issue which is not technical at all atm but simply logical, the way the initial discount and minimal allowed discount are applied. Maybe I am the only one considering this an issue, and I will try to explain.

Let's take for example a product that you are normally selling 100e without discount. Let's say your margins and ROI does not allow you to sell this product at a price lower than 70e (30% discount). If you set the module to for example initial discount 100% and minimal allowed discount 70% everything works just fine.

But let's say to boost your sale, you run a limited special of 10% of that same product, in that case the price will drop to 90e so will be the 'initial' discount AND the 'minimal allowed' discount and then the price will then be lower than the 70e limit you originally defined.

In such a case this can create more problems with your customers generating frustration rather than offering them some kind 'negotiation' opening window because that's what it really is.

What I mean is to me, it seems 'more logical' to have to minimum allowed discount to be checked versus original price without discount no?
But I don't know maybe I am the only one thinking this way or having such an issue.

What I was thinking was that the module defined 'discounts' in the module configuration maybe should be set from the 'absolute' base price, rather than the current price, or maybe have an option to choose between the 2? Current price (with discounts) or base price (with no discounts)?

What do you think?

I may be wrong, but when it comes to customers, I have the feeling it is usually better not to offer any negotiation rather than offering a negotiation they think is 'possible' but you are not ready to give in the end. Customers usually want to spend the less they can on a product (aren't we all?), many not caring much if you the seller made any money on the sale or not. So the less you are making them think they could buy the products, will make them think the base price is just some price with over margin applied on.

Thank you very much again for this module which looks very interesting, did not had the time to check the code yet, but I really like the way it opens for customers to kind of let you know they would be more inclined to buy your product if it was a little cheaper.

Hope this helps,

thanks @Muad'Dib for the suggestion. 

I understand your point of view. It make sense, especially if you want to use this module as some kind of Match the price functionality and react on individual price alert (for example by sending coupon for given product).

Obviously for many merchants this module is just an easy way to monitor public sentiment on their pricing strategy, so they might not need this functionality. But I believe it's a good to have.

It should be fairy easy to let merchants decide how to calculate lower bound or price range - it could be based either on final price, or base price, or maybe on wholesale / purchase price. There will be some corner cases (for example if base price is higher than final price due to some huge discount), but that shouldn't be hard to tackle.

I've added this to my backlog.

Tvym @DataKickfor your answer!

Indeed you understood what I had in mind totally, and I am very happy you did not take this suggestion badly, I was a bit afraid you would.

You are right the way I am planning to use this module, is kind of as you said, 'Match the price' functionality trying to find a common ground for an acceptable deal between customer and seller.

It is indeed a very important knowledge to have your customers sentiments about your retail prices, because if 'all of them' feel like your product price should be half of its retail value, then you, the seller, probably did something wrong on your advertising of that said product.

When I added your module to my testing environment which is a Day-1 clone of my prod website, I immediately noticed this which was quite of huge issue for me. Having various discounts applied on a wide range of products from -10% to -50% on some very old products which are not produced anymore.
But on many of those articles my very lowest floor price is already been offered, and I cannot really offer my customers to believe they could even have a better deal than this.

Completely linked to the earlier suggestion I made I had forgotten the following few I was thinking about to avoid 'new prices/discounts conflicts/issues':

• if a product already has a discount lower than the 'minimal allowed' price of the module, don't display price alert on product page.
  • if a discounted product price is already lower than the 'initial discount' from the module and using a future 'base price' bound option, and that discounted price is still higher than the 'minimal allowed' price, then display a range from 'minimal allowed' and product discounted price.
  • maybe allow to take off a (list of) categories from displaying the price alert offer like for example if you have a 'sale/outlet' category.
  • or maybe an option to not display the price alert option on articles already discounted and/or on sale?

I think that's all I had forgotten to say earlier in my message, and which I hope could help if/when you develop new features for the module.

Now I had been wondering about something regarding the ladder displayed to customer choose a 'target price' they would like to receive an alert from, is there an easy way to make it only display like 0,50e steps or even 1.00e steps to have more 'rounded' prices to avoid 'cents' that I could fix myself somewhere in the code?

Thanks again for the good work!

Regards.

I've just released new version 1.0.10, to make this module GDPR compliant.

- integration with official prestashop GDPR module - implemented data retrieval, deletion, and consent checkbox 

- even if you don't have official GDPR module, you'll get consent checkbox. But you will need to perform manual action when customer request data retrieval/deletion

• Like 1

Hi, after installing the module I get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /web/htdocs/www.bebeconfortsnc.it/home/modules/pricealert/pricealert.php on line 455 [PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/web/htdocs/www.bebeconfortsnc.it/home/modules/pricealert/pricealert.php:
syntax error, unexpected '['

I use ps 1.6.0.11 version

Regards

2 hours ago, freddie1946 said:

Hi, after installing the module I get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /web/htdocs/www.bebeconfortsnc.it/home/modules/pricealert/pricealert.php on line 455 [PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/web/htdocs/www.bebeconfortsnc.it/home/modules/pricealert/pricealert.php:
syntax error, unexpected '['

I use ps 1.6.0.11 version

Regards

This module expects php version 5.4 and higher. I guess you have old PHP5.3 -- in that case, you'll need to update php on your server

On 28/6/2018 at 2:02 PM, DataKick said:

This module expects php version 5.4 and higher. I guess you have old PHP5.3 -- in that case, you'll need to update php on your server

Hi thanks for replying, i asked my hosting provider and ho suggested to update my cms core. Does it mean that i have to update my prestashop version?

23 minutes ago, freddie1946 said:

Hi thanks for replying, i asked my hosting provider and ho suggested to update my cms core. Does it mean that i have to update my prestashop version?

You have to upgrade php version, it you want to use this module. There's no need to upgrade prestashop to newer version (although it's always good to run newer version). Ask your hosting provider how to switch to php 5.4 or higher.

5 minutes ago, DataKick said:

You have to upgrade php version, it you want to use this module. There's no need to upgrade prestashop to newer version (although it's always good to run newer version). Ask your hosting provider how to switch to php 5.4 or higher.

After switching to PHP 5.4 version i get this error Strict Standards