Hi there,

I need to integrate a CRM with a Live Chat into my Prestashop.

I have this code and I need to modify it to retrieve user information. How can I do? I'm using Prestashop 1.7

<script>
    window.customerlySettings = {
        app_id: "3611c5b5",
        user_id: "REPLACE WITH YOUR USER ID",// Optional
        name: "REPLACE WITH USER NAME", 
        email: "REPLACE WITH USER EMAIL", 
    };
    !function(){function e(){var e=t.createElement("script");e.type="text/javascript",e.async=!0,e.src="https://widget.customerly.io/widget/3611c5b5";var r=t.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.parentNode.insertBefore(e,r)}var r=window,t=document,n=function(){n.c(arguments)};r.customerly_queue=[],n.c=function(e){r.customerly_queue.push(e)},r.customerly=n,r.attachEvent?r.attachEvent("onload",e):r.addEventListener("load",e,!1)}();
</script>

I tried with "$this->context->customer->id_customer" as Customer ID and "$this->context->customer->email" as Customer Email but it doesn't work.

Please help me!

Edited by leonardodestefanis (see edit history)

@ventura while your suggestion is perfect for templates, he is needing it in the script, isn't it better to just use the global prestashop object?

@Nemops you are right. I didn´t know it this option

You know, other option will be pass the .tpl variables to .js via addJsDef like in 1.6

like prestashop.customer.id

Sorry but I'm not a tech person, can you explain me how should I customize this code to retrieve customer id and customer email?

<script>
    window.customerlySettings = {
        app_id: "3611c5b5",
        user_id: "REPLACE WITH YOUR USER ID",// Optional
        name: "REPLACE WITH USER NAME", 
        email: "REPLACE WITH USER EMAIL", 
    };
    !function(){function e(){var e=t.createElement("script");e.type="text/javascript",e.async=!0,e.src="https://widget.customerly.io/widget/3611c5b5";var r=t.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.parentNode.insertBefore(e,r)}var r=window,t=document,n=function(){n.c(arguments)};r.customerly_queue=[],n.c=function(e){r.customerly_queue.push(e)},r.customerly=n,r.attachEvent?r.attachEvent("onload",e):r.addEventListener("load",e,!1)}();
</script>

• 2 years later...

Hi there, I have a similar concern, with a JavaScript from Intercom. Unfortunately I have no idea about JavaScript or Smarty.

I want to change the variables. I also need the customer name, customer email address and the date the account was created.

Here is the script (original from Intercom) with the variables I would have to change.

<script>

window.intercomSettings = {
    app_id: "123xxx",
    name: "Jane Doe", // Full name
    email: "[email protected]", // Email address
    created_at: "1312182000" // Signup date as a Unix timestamp
  };
</script>

<script>(function(){var w=window;var ic=w.Intercom;if(typeof ic==="function"){ic('reattach_activator');ic('update',w.intercomSettings);}else{var d=document;var i=function(){i.c(arguments);};i.q=[];i.c=function(args){i.q.push(args);};w.Intercom=i;var l=function(){var s=d.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';s.async=true;s.src='https://widget.intercom.io/widget/123xxx';var x=d.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];x.parentNode.insertBefore(s,x);};if(w.attachEvent){w.attachEvent('onload',l);}else{w.addEventListener('load',l,false);}}})();</script>

If I insert the variables that are already mentioned here, is that right? 

<script>

window.intercomSettings = {
    app_id: "XXX",
    name: "prestashop.customer.firstname prestashop.customer.lastname", // Full name
    email: "prestashop.customer.email", // Email address
    created_at: "What here???" // Signup date as a Unix timestamp
  };
</script>

The variables:
prestashop.customer.firstname
prestashop.customer.lastname
I thought up myself because I found similar variables as Smarty.

These ones:
{$Customer.lastname}
{$Customer.FirstName}
{$Customer.email}
{$Customer.date_add}

This looks very similar to those already mentioned here. 

It looks like they always have the same pattern or schema. just swap the $ sign with prestashop.

Would the variable for the account creation time also be in the same pattern?

like: prestashop.customer.date_add

As I said, I have absolutely no idea, I just saw the pattern.

I've already searched the internet, but I understand too little of the code. So I hope someone can please tell me what I have to insert here exactly.

Thank you in advance
Greetings Michael

PS: Please excuse my bad english, i hope everything is understandable. 🤔

Edited by TAB_Social (see edit history)