Modifying account Information form

nickzampieri

Hello,

We have a requirement that needs to have the create form for the user to allow peopple to enter their First and Last name as they wish. After that, we want those fields to be readonly as the primary key in a secondary system is based on the First and Last name. (I know its horrible but we don't have a choice)

That being said, adding the following two lines to /themes/classic/templates/_partials/form-fields.tpl sort of works:

{block name='form_field_item_other'}
          <input
            class="form-control"
            name="{$field.name}"
            type="{$field.type}"
            value="{$field.value}"
			{if $field.name === 'firstname'}readonly{/if}
			{if $field.name === 'lastname'}readonly{/if}
            {if isset($field.availableValues.placeholder)}placeholder="{$field.availableValues.placeholder}"{/if}
            {if $field.maxLength}maxlength="{$field.maxLength}"{/if}
            {if $field.required}required{/if}

It adds the readonly tag to the the html and works well...however, this affect both the create user form and the my account | information form.

I need to be able to make the My Account | Information form readonly for those two fields but read/write for the Create User form.

Any ideas on how I could do this? If there was a way of detecting whether this is a new user or not, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Nick

Hello,

I managed to find a way by detecting whether the hidden "id_customer" was empty or not. If its empty, that means you are on the account creation page. If it has a value, then you are logged in and in the account information page.

Here is the code I used:

{if $field.name === 'id_customer'}
	{assign var="cust_id" value={$field.value} scope="root"}
{/if}

and:

{block name='form_field_item_other'}
          <input
            class="form-control"
            name="{$field.name}"
            type="{$field.type}"
            value="{$field.value}"
			{if !empty($cust_id)}
				{if $field.name === 'firstname'}readonly{/if}
				{if $field.name === 'lastname'}readonly{/if}
			{/if}
            {if isset($field.availableValues.placeholder)}placeholder="{$field.availableValues.placeholder}"{/if}
            {if $field.maxLength}maxlength="{$field.maxLength}"{/if}
            {if $field.required}required{/if}

Of course, modifying this file directly is not the best place to perform this according to the warning text at the top of the /themes/classic/templates/_partials/form-fields.tpl file. However, I am pretty new at this and don't really know how I would override this smarty tpl file and what folder would I use exactly?

Thanks,

Nick

Edited by nickzampieri (see edit history)