[SOLVED] Some product images not showing after upgrade (1.6.0.6 > 1.7.1.0)

I did a fully manual upgrade on a test environment (using XAMPP). What I did step by step:

1. Opened 2 folders side by side, one with my original site and one with Prestashop 1.7.1.0 (fresh) content.

2. Moved important folders to fresh Prestashop folder from my old site (img, uploads, translations, mail templates and etc. NOT themes and modules as they're not compatible with 1.7)

3. Moved the new Prestashop folder to htdocs located in the XAMPP directory.

4. Exported current copy of database and imported to the new local environment.

5. Navigated to local/install/upgrade/upgrade.php. Everything went as expected, new site is running with default template & old data. Except for one thing (that I know of so far):

On some products, only the main image is displayed while the rest has disappeared. What I tried to do in order to fix this:

1. I went to the back office and regenerated all images. Did not fix. So I tried regenerating images by individual category (Product > home_default and so on and so forth). This did not fix it. 

2. I figured it was an issue with some table not being imported correctly in the database so to verify I went to the back office and went to the product editing page of a random product that was having this issue. To my surprise, all the images are there (I checked multiple other products as well, all images are shown in the back office, see screenshots for reference). So issue with database is crossed off the list.

3. Made sure to check all Combination settings were correct by comparing them to products that did not have this issue.

4. Cleared cache multiple times.

Now I'm just puzzled as to what the issue may be, any pointers?

post-1043034-0-01448800-1495741448_thumb.png

post-1043034-0-67215200-1495741448_thumb.png

Edited by Masteries (see edit history)

did you confirm that the original images for this product actually still exist?

Yup. I went and checked the img folder, everything is there. It's also displayed in the back office if you didn't see the screenshots. It's just only showing the chosen default image on the product page (if I change the default image to something else, then that image is correctly displayed but the rest are not shown). Please note that this issue is not present in ALL products. I'd say around 3 out of 10 has this problem/bug.

what you see in the back office or thumbnails, not the original images.  The issue you are describing is almost always caused by the original image not existing.

If you feel strongly that the original image exists in your old store, then locate that image and just upload it to the new store and move on.

what you see in the back office or thumbnails, not the original images.  The issue you are describing is almost always caused by the original image not existing.

If you feel strongly that the original image exists in your old store, then locate that image and just upload it to the new store and move on.

I apologize if I was being unclear. Let me try to explain this as detailed as possible. The original images exist in the new one as well. I've checked that by looking up their filenames in the folder of the new site and ALL sizes that exists in the old folder exists in the new one as well (not just thumbnail sizes). Not to mention, by picking those thumbnails as the default worked fine in displaying that precise image in the product page in full size. You've also mistakenly thought that this issue is happening only with 1 product and that I can easily fix it by re-uploading the images, this is not the case. As I also said above this is happening in every 3 out of 10 products (I have over 500 in total). Doing them 1 by 1 by hand would be way too much work I'm afraid.

As an example/to demonstrate, I've picked 1 image that displays fine in the original site and is missing on the new one (despite the files existing). See my attachments (Left window is of the new site). As you can see, all 21 versions of the image exists in both folders and yet they're not displayed in the new one unless I pick it as default (even then it only displays the default and the rest are still gone).

post-1043034-0-08084600-1495817339_thumb.png

post-1043034-0-68470300-1495817340_thumb.png

Update:

I previously mentioned that I checked if combination settings were correct and at first I thought nothing was out of the ordinary after comparing them with products that displayed images correctly. I was wrong. I went back to the combination setting page and discovered something. This seems to be a feature rather than a bug. I found out 1.7 automatically chooses a default combination setting for some products. Meaning depending on your old product combinations setting, only the chosen image for the combination will be displayed. This is kind of weird and more of a nuisance though. I have to manually change the combination settings of 150+ products to fix this.

• Thanks 1