Who would you rate better in terms of security and performance? Magento or Prestashop?

gwyn_michelle

I just want to add that security depends on many factors.. For instance Server security, if you misconfigure your system, then many hacks can be done from outside your prestashop install. For instance through sql injection, uploading code etc. There are many tools which can scan your system to check for "holes"

And these tools are also used by people to check how they can hack your system (you should use it also to check where you need to enhance your security).

For prestashop, common mistakes are not knowing what to do to protect your pages and login. Do you use ssl for safe connections and passwords etc.

For instance on my install the admin page is not accesible from the internet by restricting acces based on ip (this can already save you a lot of trouble). 

My prestahop install is running about 10 years now without any issues.

But there a many users who do not know what they are doing, so they can wreck their system, prestashop install in a week. Simple mistakes are setting wrong permissions or installing plugins which are not secure.

To my humble opinion i would say, it does not matter which ecommerce platform you will be using, the biggest security risc is the owner/user/admin himself when he does not know what he is doing. 

1.7 front office performance, even at 1.6 is far superior to magento.  I would hazard to say that the new 1.7 handling of .css and .js files is the only one doing 1(ccc) .js/.css file for 'all' pages.  This makes subsequent page loads screaming fast.....

as for security...it's secure unless you load non secure 3rd party module..happens when module is from dubious means or developer, but shit happens we saw that earlier this year from popular 3rd party developers...

happy sorting it out