Got rejected on uploading new module to Addon Store - Limit ONLY 2 override files is max

globosoftware.net

Hi,

I have just uploaded my module to Prestashop Addons. And I get a response from Reviewers. He said my module has too much override files (there are 4 override files in my module). 

He only accepts 2 override files max. 

It is too RIDICULOUS. Because In my experience, there are a lot Prestashop modules has over 2 override files. 

For example the Page Cache Unimate, there are 18 override files in the module.

Why the Reviewers accept the module but not accept my module?

Why the old module is possible has any number of override files but a new module isn't possible???

Message to Prestashop Addons manager - Do you understand how hardship of a developer to complete a module?

• Like 2

I had similar validation missunderstandings many times.

I know some people here think a module should not override anything but there too few hooks in PrestaShop to achieve that in my opinion.

So well, imagine you would have a great idea for a great module like something that really change PrestaShop features in a better way. It would probably mean using SOME overrides. And that would be refused by PrestaShop.

There are a few things to consider.

1) Validation process every year gets harder and harder. So the old module can have more overrides than the new one.

2) Maybe there is away to do what to want to achieve without using overrides?

3) Maybe PrestaShop thinks that your overrides might cause security issues or troubles for PrestaShop upgrades?

4) You can get different people checking your code and they can interpret it differently. We have experience that the some module was accepted by one validator and then rejected by another.

• 4 weeks later...

There are a few things to consider.

1) Validation process every year gets harder and harder. So the old module can have more overrides than the new one.

2) Maybe there is away to do what to want to achieve without using overrides?

3) Maybe PrestaShop thinks that your overrides might cause security issues or troubles for PrestaShop upgrades?

4) You can get different people checking your code and they can interpret it differently. We have experience that the some module was accepted by one validator and then rejected by another.

thank for your suggestion.

For point 4, how can we get different people to checking our modules?

• 2 weeks later...