[SOLVED] PS 1.7 translations problems / bugs

samo70

Hello,

I have prestashop 1.7.1.1 version and I have 2 problems:

1.) I was doing some translations for Classic theme. Everything was OK, but today something go wrong and in my administrations are appearing default translations, but on website there are still my translations that I did before. I found out that in administration are appearing translations from different FTP folder, and website is loading translations from another FTP folder. (I have only 1 language set in my store)

What should I do with this, so in administrations will be the correct translations, that are real appearing on website? 

2.) I do not have language import option in translations section, there is only export. Is it bug or there is no more lang import in PS 1.7.1.1? 

Thankyou very much for any advice

Hello,

I have prestashop 1.7.1.1 version and I have 2 problems:

1.) I was doing some translations for Classic theme. Everything was OK, but today something go wrong and in my administrations are appearing default translations, but on website there are still my translations that I did before. I found out that in administration are appearing translations from different FTP folder, and website is loading translations from another FTP folder. (I have only 1 language set in my store)

What should I do with this, so in administrations will be the correct translations, that are real appearing on website? 

2.) I do not have language import option in translations section, there is only export. Is it bug or there is no more lang import in PS 1.7.1.1? 

Thankyou very much for any advice

1 - This is very strange! Could you write here the exact names of the folders that are used on the front and back office now? It sounds like a bug to be reported to Prestashop.

2 - it seems this is intentional and it's not a bug or a problem on your installation. It's not possible to import a language file anymore. But you can still add any language you need via "ADD / UPDATE A LANGUAGE" section

1 - This is very strange! Could you write here the exact names of the folders that are used on the front and back office now? It sounds like a bug to be reported to Prestashop.

2 - it seems this is intentional and it's not a bug or a problem on your installation. It's not possible to import a language file anymore. But you can still add any language you need via "ADD / UPDATE A LANGUAGE" section

1 - I have reinstalled prestashop and now it is working. But it was for example like this: In administration there was translations from folder: /mails/sk/ and in real emails, there was translation from /themes/classic/mails/

I think it have broken after I have clicked on export my language in administration.

Ok, so translations are working something like this:

- on FTP there is only 1 folder for email translations: /mails/sk/, but when I try to modify some translations via administration, Prestashop creates new folder in themes/classic/mails/sk/. Then administration translations are loaded from folder /mails/sk/, but real emails are using translations from themes/classic/mails/sk/, so my modification will not appear until I copy translation from /mails/sk/ to themes/classic/mails/sk/. Where can I report this bug? 

- on FTP there is only 1 folder for email translations: /mails/sk/, but when I try to modify some translations via administration, Prestashop creates new folder in themes/classic/mails/sk/. Then administration translations are loaded from folder /mails/sk/, but real emails are using translations from themes/classic/mails/sk/, so my modification will not appear until I copy translation from /mails/sk/ to themes/classic/mails/sk/. Where can I report this bug? 

Hi Samo, I see, good job! Sounds like a bug for sure.

You can report it here:

forge.prestashop.com

Hello everyone!

I confirm, there is no import related to languages in the 1.7 version. For more details, here is the dedicated build article.

As Andrej said, feel free to make a new ticket on the forge (you'll need to create an account) to report the issue. :)

Before this goes totally weird here, I would try to sort and correct the arguments:

This was the normal behaviour of PrestaShop since release 1.5, there is no need to open a forge ticket, because it's far away from being a bug. If you change the mails in a certain language, these mails will be automatically stored in your theme's mails folder. A folder mails or pdf in your theme's folder works like an override and will be used as a priority.
  2. @AndrejStas
    It seems that PrestaShop has grasped meanwhile that the new translation system in PS 1.7 is a complete desaster. But this approach to kill individual import possibility is unrealistic and doesn't match the needs of merchants, who often make custom translations for their own purposes and must face now a huge step back to a standard translation they are forced to use by hook or crook.
  3. @AntoineF
    The article you are referring to just deals with  the XML-Files used for the menu translations. As these files are now integrated in the Crowdin translation, this menu item is no longer necessary.

Before this goes totally weird here, I would try to sort and correct the arguments:

This was the normal behaviour of PrestaShop since release 1.5, there is no need to open a forge ticket, because it's far away from being a bug. If you change the mails in a certain language, these mails will be automatically stored in your theme's mails folder. A folder mails or pdf in your theme's folder works like an override and will be used as a priority.

2. @AndrejStas

It seems that PrestaShop has grasped meanwhile that the new translation system in PS 1.7 is a complete desaster. But this approach to kill individual import possibility is unrealistic and doesn't match the needs of merchants, who often make custom translations for their own purposes and must face now a huge step back to a standard translation they are forced to use by hook or crook.

3. @AntoineF

The article you are referring to just deals with  the XML-Files used for the menu translations. As these files are now integrated in the Crowdin translation, this menu item is no longer necessary.

If Prestashop creates new folders it is OK, but if in administration are loaded translations from another folder than in real emails, I think this is a bug, it is not synchronised well

If you just mean loaded for translation, this did not change over the years and PrestaShop releases. And if you don't want buggy mails, never ever use the BO for mails translations. At no time it did work properly with html files.

But if your modified mails wouldn't be send to your customers, and they would still receive the standard mail, this I would call a bug.

• 5 months later...

@Antoine F I have an issue in latest 1.7.2.4 . I am trying to translate my site but when I press the "Modify" button nothing happens. Out of that all the options (like section, theme etc) show up no matter what - as I have seen another 1.7 in localhost they show/hide depending on choices) i dont care for the show/hide I can live with this. But I cannot translate.

On 30/5/2017 at 11:25 AM, Antoine F said:

I confirm, there is no import related to languages in the 1.7 version. For more details, here is the dedicated build article.

it would be decent to at least know how to import a language manually for a theme to move it to another site. All my websites are multilanguage, and I often use the same theme. What can I do to use the theme I already translated without having to translate it again?

Edited by prestahench (see edit history)

•  eleazar changed the title to [SOLVED] PS 1.7 translations problems / bugs
  • 1 month later...
On 2017. 11. 28. at 10:11 AM, prestahench said:

it would be decent to at least know how to import a language manually for a theme to move it to another site. All my websites are multilanguage, and I often use the same theme. What can I do to use the theme I already translated without having to translate it again?

Hi, Anybody know the "how to"? Thanks for help.