Sudden increase in 404 errors

HI,

I am using 1.6.13 and I have had a sudden increase in 404 errors.  These seem to occur sporadically and in certain places for example:

I try to print invoices.  Orders>Invoices>generate pdf from status - sometimes the site genertes the pdf sometimes sometimes it returns an404 error.

When you make a payment in paypal sometimes the site goes through to paypal sometimes it returns a 404 error.

Once you make payment sometimes the site returns correctly to payment confirmation sometimes it returns the 404 error.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Warm regards,

Stephen

Should be a server problem.

1) Read the error logs of the server. If you don't have access to this, than ask your provider.

2) Debug all possible errors you are having on your page by activating debug mode and check if there are errors in your scripts. https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

I presume you are on shared hosting space ? If yes, than this could be a time-out of the server. In this case the only solution you have is to move to another server - root VPS or dedicated server. On both you are not bound to the traffic of other sites on same webspace.