Prestashop 1.6.* vs 1.7.* vs wordpress

For a couple days I first started using Prestashop and I found it obvious to start with the 1.7 version but after using it for a while I find it buggy and not reliable. I now see that many users are still using the 1.6 version and I find myself asking if isn't it a good idea to downgrade to 1.6.

On the other hand, if I must downgrade to 1.6 in order to get this working why shouldn't I just use the more experienced/supported/stable WordPress with an e-commerce plugin.

Just looking at the first page of this forum and seeing the numerous problems posted just today it gives me chills down the spine and I start wondering what have I got into.

What do you guys think?

Edited by prestafreak1 (see edit history)

You cannot downgrade. You need to install a fresh PS 1.6. and import or add your products as new on a new database. Downgrades are not possible, only rollbacks. This means when you upgrade a version you have used before, you can use rollback to get back to the version before you upgraded.

WordPress or Prestashop ? This is a question of your needs, i.e. personal requirements. There is no suggestion we can gave. You need to ask yourself what you need, if you want to grow, which features you need and of course which is better manageable for you, and of course the sizing of your project.

See also here what I suggested: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/608766-new-shop-portatiles-baratos-net/?do=findComment&comment=2552588

@selectshop.at Thank you for your prompt reply.

I understand that I cannot really downgrade but my real question was if it is 1.6 a more stable version than 1.7 and if upgrading to 1.7 is mandatory (eg contains necessary security or performance updates).

As for the prestashop vs wordpress question, I was hoping to get some major features/advantages of prestashop over wp (+ woo) in terms of building an online store.

If I ask myself what do I need, well, I need an online store not too big, not too fancy that could get indexed really well while having a good seo score in order to achieve a nice amount of traffic and eventually revenue. 

If I ask myself what do I need, well, I need an online store not too big, not too fancy that could get indexed really well while having a good seo score in order to achieve a nice amount of traffic and eventually revenue. 

Than your question is answered in the link I added before.

WordPress has a better SEO by default as Prestashop. This has never changed. As woo is an extension (shopping card) of WP, so yes it uses this surplus as well.

I was thinking the same way just that my client wanted PrestaShop, for some reason ...

That's what I said: there are reasons for both. If your customer prefer Prestashop I presume that he tried both, and choose his preference. You should ask the reason of his preference. If you take PS, than please only the version 1.6. latest. 1.7 is full of bugs and weaker SEO than PS 1.6. WP has a better SEO than PS (all versions)

• Like 1