vekia

[free module] Product reviews (comments) for PrestaShop 1.7

Works flawlessly on 1.7.3.1 Install and play!

Spanish translation is spot on!

THANKS!

On 7/14/2017 at 1:20 AM, kelvinlym said:

Product review stars are not displayed properly on product list.  See picture.

post-227028-0-38990300-1500009695_thumb.png

Same problem here, PrestaShop version: 1.7.3.0

Hello. I have seen throughout this thread that many people have had an issue with not being able to click the send button on the add review popup. There appears to have been no solution to this problem. I'm experiencing the same thing. Did anyone find a fix for this? 

On 4/25/2018 at 7:11 AM, Rojna said:

Same problem here, PrestaShop version: 1.7.3.0

This has already been addressed here and I solved this problem read the whole thread.

Hi all,

I have installed the module with success, only there is a minor error. My shop has two languages
Dutch and English. When I review a product it will pick the correct language, however the product title will be of a different product.

For example: I want to write a review in English for a "Silver necklace"
Then it takes the data (title & description) of a completely different product "Lion necklace". However, when I switch the language it will change
to the correct product name "Silver necklace" (In Dutch). 

I see that with each product it can be in different order, sometimes the product is good in English, but then wrong in Dutch and vice versa.
I noticed the incorrect product data is grabbed from the "Products in same category" module. Whenever the Products in same category module is disabled or lowered in position related to the comments module the data will be correct. 

Hope I helped someone with this. :) 

Hello Vekia.

Thank you for this great module. 

I am  wondering if i can only display the review counter and stars on the product page  like in the attachment ?

for some reason  the word  "review(s)"  will not translate. Please see attached screenshot. i can write whatever i want in the translation field after save it shows in the front page always "review(s)"

also would it be possible to make the word "review(s)" as link pointing to the actual review  location ?

Any help would be appreciated

Best regards

Pascal 

stars.jpg

Capture3.PNG

product comments review.PNG

Edited by prcwest
add screenshot (see edit history)

On 4/26/2018 at 11:04 AM, IceAge0121 said:

Hello. I have seen throughout this thread that many people have had an issue with not being able to click the send button on the add review popup. There appears to have been no solution to this problem. I'm experiencing the same thing. Did anyone find a fix for this? 

can you share url to page where you've got this problem ? it is not a default behaviour of the module.

On 4/26/2018 at 11:43 AM, Golemtech said:

And hereby my partial czech translation. :)

cs.php

Thank you :-) it will be included to new release :-)

On 4/26/2018 at 11:37 AM, Golemtech said:

Hi,

I am missing feature to send me email when new review needs to be approved.

it can be extended with addon that send alerts, links are available on product comments configuration page.

On 5/2/2018 at 3:37 PM, Katamariz said:

Hi all,

I have installed the module with success, only there is a minor error. My shop has two languages
Dutch and English. When I review a product it will pick the correct language, however the product title will be of a different product.

Then it takes the data (title & description) of a completely different product "Lion necklace". However, when I switch the language it will change

I see that with each product it can be in different order, sometimes the product is good in English, but then wrong in Dutch and vice versa.
I noticed the incorrect product data is grabbed from the "Products in same category" module. Whenever the Products in same category module is disabled or lowered in position related to the comments module the data will be correct. 

wow! it sounds really strange
do you use default "products in the same category" module ?

I released v9.2.5

- added czech translation
- changed variables that module uses to avoid conflict with other modules

19 hours ago, prcwest said:

Hello Vekia.

Thank you for this great module. 

I am  wondering if i can only display the review counter and stars on the product page  like in the attachment ?

for some reason  the word  "review(s)"  will not translate. Please see attached screenshot. i can write whatever i want in the translation field after save it shows in the front page always "review(s)"

also would it be possible to make the word "review(s)" as link pointing to the actual review  location ?

Any help would be appreciated

Best regards

Pascal 

stars.jpg

Capture3.PNG

product comments review.PNG

hi,

please make sure that you use at least v9.2.4, the translations in this version will work properly.

regarding to position of review widget (stars)
in this case it is necessary to change css styles. You must add float:left to the block with stars

Hi there Vekia, thanks for the great effort!

I have some questions, i use Volga theme just to be clear.

1. Stars are duplicated

https://screenshots.firefox.com/VVLhSdOnGAQv1SgK/dev.smartus.hr

https://screenshots.firefox.com/XQQIGDadDewRRM0O/dev.smartus.hr

2. On my theme (Volga) the stars on the ProductPage (not the review tab) below the product price does not show.

https://screenshots.firefox.com/zeZ4PQJ0vNNGWQK2/dev.smartus.hr

For the first part i think editing css will do the trick, for the second i think im missing a Hook?

Thanks again.

Have a nice day Vekia.

Edited by espacious
misclick (see edit history)

On 5/8/2018 at 8:31 PM, vekia said:

wow! it sounds really strange
do you use default "products in the same category" module ?

Yes, the default one

On 5/8/2018 at 2:27 PM, vekia said:

can you share url to page where you've got this problem ? it is not a default behaviour of the module.

Hi Vekia,

Here is the current URL for my store: http://prestashop-169212-488571.cloudwaysapps.com/index.php

It's not technically "live" yet until I can ensure everything is working, then it will have it's own domain name and an SSL certificate. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

EDIT: I had to remove this module because it does not work, and my website will be going live soon.

Edited by IceAge0121 (see edit history)

New version of module is ready - added GDPR rules compliancy.

From now (v9.2.6) module configuration page has option to turn on / off "GDPR" rules compliancy. This option when it will be active customer will have to accept privacy policy rules before it will be possible to add product comment.

This is how look to me.... big star and no italian...is normal?

and it will be great if you can integrate it in a official gdpr prestashop module. i'm using prestashop 1.7

thanks for your module

Cattura.JPG

EDIT i upgrade prestashop and now is fixed

Edited by camus83 (see edit history)

Hello Vekia,

Thanks for this module, looks awesome !

Unfortunately, I got some problem right after the installation (after I click 'configure'). I joined a screenshot showing the error.

I made a child theme from classic and I am developing on local with wamp.

I use prestashop 1.7.4.0 and product reviews 9.2.6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) 

productreview.jpg

Can  theme sellers use this module to use it in themes and sell it?

On 4/26/2018 at 11:37 AM, Golemtech said:

Hi,

I am missing feature to send me email when new review needs to be approved.

module does not have it by default but it can be extended with custom module.

On 7/14/2018 at 6:30 AM, ican said:

Can  theme sellers use this module to use it in themes and sell it?

sure, as long as the trademarks and other included features will be there (like links to author page)

On 5/29/2018 at 3:47 PM, minikali said:

Hello Vekia,

Thanks for this module, looks awesome !

Unfortunately, I got some problem right after the installation (after I click 'configure'). I joined a screenshot showing the error.

I made a child theme from classic and I am developing on local with wamp.

I use prestashop 1.7.4.0 and product reviews 9.2.6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) 

productreview.jpg

recent version of the module should solve the problem you show on the screenshot :)

1 hour ago, vekia said:

sure, as long as the trademarks and other included features will be there (like links to author page)

Thanks a lot.

I updated the plugin, new version (v9.2.9) has  improvements related to GDPR compliancy, the button to "accept gdpr" rules does not freeze the window anymore. Download link to new version is in first post of this topic

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 4:55 AM, vekia said:

I updated the plugin, new version (v9.2.9) has  improvements related to GDPR compliancy, the button to "accept gdpr" rules does not freeze the window anymore. Download link to new version is in first post of this topic

Hi there,

Can someone please help me.

I want to migrate my product comments from 1.6 to 1.7.

Please can someone tell me how to do this?

is there an easy solution?

Hi, I want to extend this module: to associate only maximum one picture to a review.

For this i added a new field in product_comment  table called img1 with type text.

Can you tell me which module files i have to modify to show this filed in commenst please?

Thank' you!

Théo.

Hello Vekia,

I have read your answers a lot in the forums, I am trying to integrate an affiliate program with my store of prestashop 1.7, I have tried with the configurations for PS 1.6 but it does not work, it must be for the variables or something like that, I also think that the infrastructure of ps1.7 is totally different and maybe you should insert the code in a different file.

This is the code that my affiliate program give me: 

$JAMIntegrate = file_get_contents("https://www.mydomain.com/afiliate/sale/amount/".$params['total_to_pay']."/trans_id/".$this->id_order."/tracking_code/".$_COOKIE['jamcom']);

where I don't know how or where find the variables to edit the code.

I need your help.

Thanks

Hi Vekia and thanks, as usual, for your modules and support!

I installed the module on my ps 1.7.4.4 and it works fine!

However I'd like to ask you if it is possible to display all the products comments in a custom cms page.

Thanks in advance.

Po aktualizacji do najnowszej wersji modułu w BO nie działają powiadomienia o ilości komentarzy oraz kiedy ktoś doda nowy komentarz.

After update to the latest version of the module in BO, notifications about the number of comments and when someone adds a new comment do not work.

Edited by YourObsession (see edit history)

I've noticed that the productcomments_reviews.tpl file contents aren't appearing in the product page, though they should. Any idea how to fix this..? I've tinkered the default 1.7.4.2. theme a bit, but did not touch any of the hooks.

EDIT:

Ok nevermind that, found the solution - You have to add this line for review list to appear in product page:

{block name='product_reviews'}
          {hook h='displayProductListReviews' product=$product}
        {/block}

Edited by sting5 (see edit history)

new updates: v9.3.0, v9.3.1, v9.3.2, v9.3.3
- support of multistore environment
- each shop can have own unique comments, criterions, reports etc
- added 'feedback' page where the module shows all reviews added to shop on one page (with pagination feature if there is many reviews)
- added improvements to module installation / uninstallation process
- from now "reviews" text that appear near stars on list of products can be translated properly.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:49 AM, sting5 said:

I've noticed that the productcomments_reviews.tpl file contents aren't appearing in the product page, though they should. Any idea how to fix this..? I've tinkered the default 1.7.4.2. theme a bit, but did not touch any of the hooks.

EDIT:

Ok nevermind that, found the solution - You have to add this line for review list to appear in product page:

{/block}

the code you attached is not a code of prestashop's product page!
this code is a part of products lists that allows to display stars on lists of products like category pages, seach results etc.

on product page module can be associated with:
- tabs (displayProductExtraContent hook)
- product footer (displayProductFooter hook)

and these hooks are included to product page by default.

On 11/19/2018 at 3:18 PM, DailyShopBay said:

Hi Vekia and thanks, as usual, for your modules and support!

I installed the module on my ps 1.7.4.4 and it works fine!

However I'd like to ask you if it is possible to display all the products comments in a custom cms page.

Thanks in advance.

version 9.3.3 has feedback page :-)

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2018 at 12:59 PM, YourObsession said:

Po aktualizacji do najnowszej wersji modułu w BO nie działają powiadomienia o ilości komentarzy oraz kiedy ktoś doda nowy komentarz.

After update to the latest version of the module in BO, notifications about the number of comments and when someone adds a new comment do not work.

Please verify if "reviews alerts" is associated with "actionSpawnActionProductComment" hook under design> positions in shop back office. If not - it might be required to reinstall reviews alerts addon.

On 10/14/2018 at 7:10 PM, andrewPS said:

complete newb here, are there installation instructions anywhere?

installation of the module is exactly the same as other plugins in prestashop, just upload zip to shop back office under modules section. (button upload a module)

version 9.3.4 released

- added additional installation improvements to avoid internal server error 500

On 12/2/2018 at 2:11 AM, vekia said:

version 9.3.3 has feedback page :-)

Hi Vekia, 

I installed the latest version and I confirm that feature; however it works only for reviews checked by the owner in the BO. Can be displayed also the feedbacks posted automatically without the check of the owner?

Thanks

Hello. In the Google console, we have this 404 error:
Fatal error: Uncaught -> Smarty: 0 (): Missing '$ template' parameter <- thrown in /var/www/sklep/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 177

On 12/2/2018 at 2:11 AM, vekia said:

version 9.3.3 has feedback page 🙂

i can't find, where is it?

I would also like to propose an upgrade, like if a product has too many comment, show only the latest ones and maybe a button that shows them all (always related to that product only)

Edited by camus83 (see edit history)

Hello there, cool plugin, just added it.

Is there a way to have it placed under the product description?

Now it defaults to full width under the image / description that are side to side.

Also, is it possible to add another field other than the stock ones?

I want to ask the customers to suggest better categories for each product.

EDIT: I found how to change the position, my question about adding extra fields is all that remains :)

EDIT 2: it kinda breaks when shown on cross selling products 😕 thank you and merry christmas! :D 

fsdfgfgsd.JPG

Edited by sk3pt1c
add content to my question (see edit history)

hi, sorry, but I can not create a new topic. I buy the last review form, when the review is published, the customer's name is complete and this is not good for privacy. how did you solve it?

modifiche tema recensioni.png

Hello,

Thanks for this module.
I would ask if this module it's so absolute free,  so that you can use it as third party in commercial projects.
So for example for any
clients projects or as part of theme you sell on for example presta addons portal or other?

-

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Hello,
Is there a possibility to display the quantity of reviews and aggregatereview (for google rich snippets) on the product page in this module? How to add it? Prestashop 1.7.2.4.
greetings

Edited by lukaszwojcik (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello. On the google snippets test page, the test shows "A few reviews should be accompanied by an average rating".

That's right, that's why I want to add in the hook 'product-description' in the product.tpl template file such variables as $ nbComments, $ averageTotal. The productcomments.tpl module is in the product footer hook, can you use these variables between different tpl?

Posted (edited)

Hi @vekia,

Thank you for this usefull plugin. It is always appreciated to find free stuff with that quality. I have 2 questions for you. 

1/ On my template it seems the pagination doesn't work. Could you tell me which file should I check to fix it ? I manually hooked the module in product.tpl with 

{hook h="displayRightColumnProduct" mod="productcomments"}

2/ I can't get the average showing anywhere. I would get this average near the product add-to-cart button (on the product page itself, not in the list) but I don't understand what should I do (hook something, include, ?).

Thanks for your support.

Nicolas

Edited by digit89_2 (see edit history)

On 3/9/2019 at 1:50 PM, lukaszwojcik said:

Hello,
Is there a possibility to display the quantity of reviews and aggregatereview (for google rich snippets) on the product page in this module? How to add it? Prestashop 1.7.2.4.
greetings

Hi, have you sorted it out yet? I am looking for a solution as well. 

It seems the bug with the stars/review placement on product list is still not fixed...

I'm using the latest version of the module and the classic theme and this is how it looks like in my store:

be4bb45f685f620de2b4ef35817263a2.png

6 hours ago, joaoafpedro said:

It seems the bug with the stars/review placement on product list is still not fixed...

I'm using the latest version of the module and the classic theme and this is how it looks like in my store:

be4bb45f685f620de2b4ef35817263a2.png

This already has been addressed and fixed.  Read the entire thread or search me in this thread to find it.

Hello Vekia.

is it possible to give to a specific group (moderators) the ability for publishing  comments ? 

Thank  you.

Hello ! I'm currently facing a problem with the module. It doesn't show the number of reviews the product has. As I saw, none of you had this problem :) Is there a fix for this ? Thank you ! 

image.png.88efa8461f81bb43eced88ef59a5df86.png

Hello. I have seen throughout this thread that many people have had an issue with not being able to click the send button on the add review popup. There appears to have been no solution to this problem. I'm experiencing the same thing. Did anyone find a fix for this (prestashop 1.7.4.4 and productcomments v9.3.6 ) ? 

On 12/5/2018 at 8:43 AM, vekia said:

version 9.3.4 released

- added additional installation improvements to avoid internal server error 500

Now i have this server error 500 with 9.3.4 version.. on PS 1.7.5.1

Niestety ale po dodaniu przez klientów dwóch lub więcej opinii snippets test pokazuje błąd Do kilku recenzji powinna być dołączona ocena średnia.  Zakup moduły na stronie mypresta https://mypresta.eu/pl/moduly/seo-pozycjonowanie-i-optymalizacja/komentarze-produktu-reviews-rich-snippet.html który niby dodaje tagi snippets na stronę również nic nie daje. Przydała by się jakaś aktualizacja!!!

On 3/24/2019 at 1:46 PM, Adrian Dragomiroiu said:

Hello ! I'm currently facing a problem with the module. It doesn't show the number of reviews the product has. As I saw, none of you had this problem :) Is there a fix for this ? Thank you ! 

image.png.88efa8461f81bb43eced88ef59a5df86.png

Ce PS folosesti?

Hi,

I would like to know how to add a html link in the review.

For example, I want a link to http://example.com to be present in the review text. How do I add that?

When I try adding an anchor tag within the text, an error message "Comment is not correct" appears.

Please help.

Hello. I have seen throughout this thread that many people have had an issue with not being able to click the send button on the add review popup. There appears to have been no solution to this problem. I'm experiencing the same thing. Did anyone find a fix for this (prestashop 1.7.4.4 and productcomments v9.3.6 ) ? 

Hello. In the latest version of the module for prestashop 1.7.5.1, the notifications in BO about issuing a new comment do not work for me. What could be the reason?

On 5/26/2018 at 4:49 PM, Nocebo said:

How to make this appear on the product page please?

etoile.png

Hi, Has anyone solved this? Thank you

1 hour ago, Raúl Carrión said:

Hi, Has anyone solved this? Thank you

You probably override a file of the module, so the link of image is broken.

btw, if I believe github, the official module will be available in ps 1.7.6

version 9.3.7 out now.

it seems they have not fixed the javascript permission bug on popup form ... sigh

Posted (edited)

Hello. I have installed the module long time ago, but the problem is that I can't to upgrade it. Can you explain me how to do it, please? Thanks!!

Edited by dmorenollamas (see edit history)

Hello. I have seen throughout this thread that many people have had an issue with not being able to click the send button on the add review popup. There appears to have been no solution to this problem. I'm experiencing the same thing. Did anyone find a fix for this (prestashop 1.7.4.4 and productcomments v9.3.7 ) ? 

I am having a situation. If I turn on debug mode then the product comments don't show up on the product page. Did anyone face this problem?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Hi!Tell me how to do so that the stars in the rating are not svg, but FontAwesome. And even if the rating is not worth displaying just empty stars? Thanks

Edited by Alien2019 (see edit history)

On 5/30/2017 at 8:31 AM, vekia said:

module is not related in any part to footer section.

what version of ps you use? (exact version)

Hello!

Thank for module! I place it in displayProductExtraContent Is it possible to show the stars in the product block for example under the price, etc ?

my site www.test.te.com.ua 

Hello. I have seen throughout this thread that many people have had an issue with not being able to click the send button on the add review popup. There appears to have been no solution to this problem. I'm experiencing the same thing. Did anyone find a fix for this (prestashop 1.7.4.4 and productcomments v9.3.8 here ) ? 

How can I exclude the module displaying for specific category ID's

There are products in certain category ID's I wish to not collect reviews on so how can I exclude those products.

I've tried the following and does not work - help!

{if $category->id == 25 OR $category->id == 258 OR $category->id == 259 OR $category->id == 260 OR $category->id == 261 OR $category->id == 262}
          return;
        {/block}
     {/if}

Hello. I have seen throughout this thread that many people have had an issue with not being able to click the send button on the add review popup. There appears to have been no solution to this problem. I'm experiencing the same thing. Did anyone find a fix for this (prestashop 1.7.4.4 and productcomments v9.3.8 here ) ? 

On 5/2/2018 at 5:37 AM, Katamariz said:

Hi all,

The module does grab the last object before the reviews this is a problem.  This has only started in the last few prestashop updates.  I am trying to move it up the page under the Customer Reassurance module.  I cannot get it to work?  Maybe I'm doing this wrong?  I cannot get it to change position in the positions page of back office so I am trying to add the code to the product.tpl file.  I cannot get this to work.  I'm sure that this could help other too.

{block name='hook_display_reassurance'}
              {hook h='displayReassurance'}
           {/block}

{block name='hook_display_right_column_product'}
              {hook h='productcomments'}
           {/block}

On 8/27/2019 at 12:41 PM, need2011 said:

The module does grab the last object before the reviews this is a problem.  This has only started in the last few prestashop updates.  I am trying to move it up the page under the Customer Reassurance module.  I cannot get it to work?  Maybe I'm doing this wrong?  I cannot get it to change position in the positions page of back office so I am trying to add the code to the product.tpl file.  I cannot get this to work.  I'm sure that this could help other too.

{block name='hook_display_reassurance'}
              {hook h='displayReassurance'}
           {/block}

{block name='hook_display_right_column_product'}
              {hook h='productcomments'}
           {/block}

To solve this problem I changed the hook to displayProductExtraContent and that fixed the it and now it grabs the correct product to review.  Changing the hook now the reviews don't show the stars on the home page for popular products.  Anyone know of a fix for this?

On 8/5/2019 at 12:24 AM, salvotnt said:

I am also using 1.7.4.4  See if you can install an older version.  That might work better.  I"m using this one it seems stable and it may help you.  9.2.2  I didn't follow what the updates were to the present one.  It worked fine so I never updated it.

productcomments.zip