Jump to content
vekia

[free module] Product reviews (comments) for PrestaShop 1.7

Recommended Posts

Milos, once again thank you for all your contributions!

 

I really need :D a important function. Please add a 'template' cav to download we can use in Excel that this module can than reimport.

 

I tried to fiddle arround with Excel and Sublime Codeeditor to get thinks right but failed. I am trying to migrate from Yotpo to ProductCommentsModule exclusively.

 

Can I expect this or is to much developer time needed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly now im having issues with sending button, for some reasonwhen clicking send it doesnt send it. The website link http://geboorte-kaart.nl/index.php?id_product=17&id_product_attribute=0&controller=product

Let me know if you guys know any fix. 

 

 

Related to module? 

https://gyazo.com/4c838c1d67daa425239153653862e47d

Edited by 13thjoker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@vekia I noticed a bug while testing this module in default "classic" theme on PS 1.7.2.3.

Reviews can't be submitted (and validated) when we have multiple languages in our shop and friendly URL turned is OFF.

With friendly URL turned ON, it works perfect.

Edited by roo10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work here!! Works perfect!!

Will you add a pagination?? Right now is showing like 50 comments in a row for some products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall, works perfectly (PS 1.7.2.2, Plugin version 9.1.4). Version 9.1.2 doesn't work on PS 1.7.2.2 (it doesn't appear at all).

 

I do have some recommendations.

Is it possible to add a numeric representation of the star ratings? Any of these will do:

  • 4/5
  • 4 out of 5
  • 4

Having the average rating of a product would also be really cool. Samples:

  • 4.27/5
  • 4.27 out of 5
  • 4.27
  • Average Rating: 4.27

 

Showing the number of reviews is also nice. (e.g. 29 reviews)

 

Here's the best example page I found. Check out the review section.

http://www.lazada.com.ph/logitech-g402-hyperion-fury-fps-gaming-mouse-with-high-speed-fusionengine-18279469.html

Under "Average Product Rating"

This has something to do with SEO and stuff.

 

Edited by pandalion98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

added bug fix related to recently added improvement.

if you have some javascript errors related to product comments module on pages other than product pages - update 9.1.6 will fix them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice module, thanks for all your hard work.  There is a bug  I have the module set to "Show reviews counter and stars on list of products."  It seems that it is not formatted correctly. See pic.   The five stars are not associated with the product,  I would think that the stars should be well placed in the product box somewhere. Plus there is a problem that I cannot show here because the lower product is in the way, it says "5 reviews" under the stars.   There is only one review with 5 stars.  Using the standard "classic" theme.

 

There is also a quick review that pops up under the bike when you mouse over it.

 

I would make them smaller and  place them over the bike description.  Thanks

formatting.jpg

formatting2.jpg

Edited by need2011

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 6:05 AM, need2011 said:

Very nice module, thanks for all your hard work.  There is a bug  I have the module set to "Show reviews counter and stars on list of products."  It seems that it is not formatted correctly. See pic.   The five stars are not associated with the product,  I would think that the stars should be well placed in the product box somewhere. Plus there is a problem that I cannot show here because the lower product is in the way, it says "5 reviews" under the stars.   There is only one review with 5 stars.  Using the standard "classic" theme.

 

There is also a quick review that pops up under the bike when you mouse over it.

 

I would make them smaller and  place them over the bike description.  Thanks

formatting.jpg

formatting2.jpg

 

 

this is theme issue (classic theme is a crap) - prestashop should fix it but they dont want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't work for me. 1.7.2.4 Classic theme. After pressing send popup just stays there eben though the review is submitted. Also Trying to review one product the review was for another

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Vekia!

Thanks a lot for all your contributions on this forum and thanks a lot for this module.

I've tried to move product commets in product page from displayFooterProduct hook to displayProductExtraContent hook but it gives me an error in core.js line 1571 and product attributes selector stops working.

By other side, I'm trying to implement schema but im stuck counting number of reviews. Im getting it with this js in my custom.js file:

var numOfReviews = $('.comment').length
$(".reviewCount").text(numOfReviews);

It works in Front Office but it doesn't work for google and i would love to do it like you do with {l s='%s'|sprintf:$averageTotal mod='productcomments'}

Any idea?

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, I was wondering if with this addon is possible to have a reviews block on the homepage, immediatelly above the footer? I am on Prestashop 1.7.2, with the Classic theme...

Thank you!

Ana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2017 at 5:41 PM, sct said:

Doesn't work for me. 1.7.2.4 Classic theme. After pressing send popup just stays there eben though the review is submitted. Also Trying to review one product the review was for another

Found the problem. It was the usual "wrong folder and file permissions" on Prestashop. Changed everything to 755/644 and now it's working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Vekia. Your module is nice and very helpful but I think it misses one feature:
at the moment guest user can leave his review just by using his name. The problem is that some users just write some questions about the product and I have no way to contact them afterwards. I think it would be very helpful if module can save name and email address of the reviewer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28.11.2017 at 9:00 AM, Alvaro said:

I've tried to move product commets in product page from displayFooterProduct hook to displayProductExtraContent hook but it gives me an error in core.js line 1571 and product attributes selector stops working.

 

 

Do you solved problem? with 'displayProductExtaContent' and error with attribute? 

I have the same problem :(

blad.thumb.jpg.500d684521c7ce82cc396bfdabd75a83.jpg

 

I try fix it but i cant :( please help 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Vekia for your work on this module.

I have te same suggestions as some others:

The review, when a person giving on the product, come up with the stars that hey was given to the product and not as a the amount of reviews for that product. (I have 1 person, placed 1 review, see the picture below.

In the Dashboard, there come no appointment for the reviews.

And last but not least, the layout on the Classic Theme are to big to match nicely.

Best Regards,

Roger

 

 

Product review Dashboard.png

Reviews on the Front.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Vekia, I noticed a bug while testing this module (v9.1.8) in default "classic" theme on PS 1.7.2.4.

When this module is hooked in "displayProductExtraContent" hook, then the product's image or price (if set different for each combination) don't update on changing any combination and also its URL remains same. Check attached screenshot.

Untitled-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 1:43 PM, Generaal said:

Thanks Vekia for your work on this module.

dashboard, there come no appointment for the reviews.

Product review Dashboard.png

Reviews on the Front.png

there are no comments added during date: https://i.imgur.com/J1X0yeh.png

Quote

And last but not least, the layout on the Classic Theme are to big to match nicely.

even if i will change these stars to small stars, the design will be crashed too because it is an issue of poor classic theme construction 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 3:55 PM, reanimated said:

Hi Vekia. Your module is nice and very helpful but I think it misses one feature:
at the moment guest user can leave his review just by using his name. The problem is that some users just write some questions about the product and I have no way to contact them afterwards. I think it would be very helpful if module can save name and email address of the reviewer.

 

Hey, it is an reviews module, not a "q&a (query and answers) module :)

the module has an option to turn off possibility to add a review by unlogged users. If you will enable this option - each review will have an email

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Vekia,

Stupid me! About the data settings!

I'm in test modus with V 1.7.2.4 and have not all under control on the moment..

Can I disable the reviews view on the products and keep them only in the product description tab in FO?

I think to do from to disconnecting some hook.

Best Regards and keep up the good work!

Roger5a5a1e4e4121c_Removethereviewsonproducts.png.4fd986fabe7fd6f3f61bb2bc4fa6ad4a.png5a5a1e981ccbb_ProducttabReviews.thumb.png.5bab0e05e00504107bded76c5ab2193a.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Generaal said:

Thanks Vekia,

Stupid me! About the data settings!

I'm in test modus with V 1.7.2.4 and have not all under control on the moment..

Can I disable the reviews view on the products and keep them only in the product description tab in FO?

I think to do from to disconnecting some hook.

Best Regards and keep up the good work!

Roger5a5a1e4e4121c_Removethereviewsonproducts.png.4fd986fabe7fd6f3f61bb2bc4fa6ad4a.png5a5a1e981ccbb_ProducttabReviews.thumb.png.5bab0e05e00504107bded76c5ab2193a.png

 

I have fixed this problem go to this post and watch the entire video and it will tell you where to adjust the size of the box bigger to fit your problem.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/634959-cant-find-the-code/?tab=comments#comment-2631809

 

The quick view will disappear but you can fix that too.  It is not in the video look on the line before where you make the box larger and the size is in "rem"  make it bigger too.

Edited by need2011

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only problem is that the module does not count the correct amount of reviews.  I have one review and it says 5 reviews on the product main page.  I was hoping that this could get corrected.

 

Thanks for the mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, need2011 said:

The only problem is that the module does not count the correct amount of reviews.  I have one review and it says 5 reviews on the product main page.  I was hoping that this could get corrected.

 

Thanks for the mod.

 

I think module shows not the number of the reviews but the average overall score.

I have found one problem. If the smarty cache is turned on and I go to the product which has variations, with this module ajax isnt working and product description isnt refreshing. If I comment the module hook everything starts working. Same if I turn off the smarty cache. I dont think I can leave cache as turned off in production site because it will make my site slower than it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×