opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56) failed: Permission denied (13)

runastoreperu

Hello friends when entering the administration part of the store I find this error when I want to go to the catalog option of the store to enter new products, please could help me, I know it is a php error, but I can not find the Solution, the error says so:

ContextErrorException in classes.php line 429: Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56) failed: Permission denied (13)
  1. in classes.php line 429
  2. at ErrorHandler->handleError('8', 'SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56) failed: Permission denied (13)', '/home/wwwrunastoreperu/public_html/app/cache/dev/classes.php', '429', array('maxlifetime' => '1440'))
  3. at SessionHandler->gc('1440') in classes.php line 429
  4. at SessionHandlerProxy->gc('1440')
  5. at session_start() in classes.php line 117
  6. at NativeSessionStorage->start() in classes.php line 192
  7. at NativeSessionStorage->getBag('attributes') in classes.php line 492
  8. at Session->get('_security_main') in ContextListener.php line 78
  9. at ContextListener->handle(object(GetResponseEvent)) in classes.php line 2604
  10. at Firewall->onKernelRequest(object(GetResponseEvent), 'kernel.request', object(TraceableEventDispatcher))
  11. at call_user_func(array(object(Firewall), 'onKernelRequest'), object(GetResponseEvent), 'kernel.request', object(TraceableEventDispatcher)) in WrappedListener.php line 61
  12. at WrappedListener->__invoke(object(GetResponseEvent), 'kernel.request', object(ContainerAwareEventDispatcher))
  13. at call_user_func(object(WrappedListener), object(GetResponseEvent), 'kernel.request', object(ContainerAwareEventDispatcher)) in classes.php line 1863
  14. at EventDispatcher->doDispatch(array(object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener)), 'kernel.request', object(GetResponseEvent)) in classes.php line 1778
  15. at EventDispatcher->dispatch('kernel.request', object(GetResponseEvent)) in TraceableEventDispatcher.php line 140
  16. at TraceableEventDispatcher->dispatch('kernel.request', object(GetResponseEvent)) in bootstrap.php.cache line 3236
  17. at HttpKernel->handleRaw(object(Request), '1') in bootstrap.php.cache line 3206
  18. at HttpKernel->handle(object(Request), '1', false) in bootstrap.php.cache line 3360
  19. at ContainerAwareHttpKernel->handle(object(Request), '1', false) in bootstrap.php.cache line 2562
  20. at Kernel->handle(object(Request), '1', false) in index.php line 86

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/2/2018 at 8:11 PM, FuenRob said:

In the files of your web (DocummentRoot), do you have the file php.ini?

I have VDS, so i can reach to php.ini. But what change i need to do exactlty? 

I have below line in php.ini, 

session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56"

do you suggest to change it to below one?

session.save_path = "/tmp"

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 6:52 PM, erkange said:

I have VDS, so i can reach to php.ini. But what change i need to do exactlty? 

I have below line in php.ini, 

session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56"

do you suggest to change it to below one?

session.save_path = "/tmp"

Yes, you must done this change.

Please, comment with your results.

1 hour ago, FuenRob said:

Yes, you must done this change.

Please, comment with your results.

thanks it worked. 

I have done below updates;

max_execution_time = 600     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 600 ;  Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 128M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)
max_input_vars = 7000 ;

session.save_path : /tmp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, erkange said:

thanks it worked. 

max_execution_time = 600     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 600 ;  Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
max_input_vars = 7000 ;

Perfect :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello good evening, I have exactly the same problem ... When loading products the store keeps loading and with the debug it gives the error: SessionHandler :: gc (): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir (/ var / cpanel / php / sessions / ea-php73) failed: Permission denied (13) I tried with changing php.ini and php ini variables but nothing :(

@Luzotaiza @ Cherniakovsky Ho LO STESSO Problema, Momento in cui la Modalità di eseguire il debug E disabilitata VIENE restituito L'errore 500. Come hai risolto? Grazie @tapanda.grIn debug it is true it resolves but as soon as I deactivate the debug error500 returns

Edited by Sandro Airaldi (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2018 at 4:51 AM, erkange said:

thanks it worked. 

max_input_vars = 7000 ;

Fixed my problem as well!

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2017 at 7:19 PM, FuenRob said:

Hello,

I had the same problem. 

I solved it by changing the session_path to / tmp, in the php.ini

Regards

I set some settings in a shipping module and also set Address Phone field to mandatory for customers and suddenly it was crashing my dashboard with this error 

Notice on line 101 in file /home/***/***l/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/Handler/StrictSessionHandler.php
[8] SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php73) failed: Permission denied (13)

Great fix sorted it out straight away.

Thanks for posting this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I changed the session.save_path to /tmp , but now when trying to take out of debug mode, the error about the ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir (/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-phpXX.. repeats. The debug mode turn off is still trying to act upon the previous setting. I am in debug mode in an incognito browser, and have manually cleared caches in the shop and in the browser.

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2018 at 5:51 AM, erkange said:

thanks it worked. 

max_input_vars = 7000 ;

Hello, here reporting from the future (2022) and I have the same problem. With this solution, did you fix this issue forever and ever? I

• 9 months later...

issue had returned in PS 1.7.8.5

I had tried repeatedly editing the php.ini session.save_path to /tmp - to no improvement (even with clearing cache).

My fix was to instead make the the directory change in the cpanel multiphp INI and then clear the cache. Apparently, at least with my server setup, the mod from the cpanel dashboard does more than just the line edit of the php.ini (while it does do that as well). Maybe it's a matter of a setting that cannot be overridden by simply doing the line edit of the php.ini .

Now I finally have debug mode back, and can confidently upgrade, again.

Edited by Paul Buisson
left word out (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

I am using PS 1.7.8.8

I tried the /tmp That did not work it crashed my whole site so I had to put it all back.

Now I'm trying change session.gc_probability in php.ini to 0 and use cron job.  I do use cpanel.  My hosting company said that it automatically sets up cron jobs?

It seems that it has not worked.

I can access the back office but the minute that I click on anything it goes to Whoops, looks like something went wrong.  I cannot even get it out of debugging mode.

Is there any fix for this?

• 1 month later...

Same Problem here:

changing to /tmp doesnt work.

I run my own server with WHM, seems like i need to give somewhere permission, someone can help me please?

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php81) failed: Permission denied (13)

I don't know if this will help you with a WHM  I use cpanel

This is how I fixed the problem

php ini  session.save_path    I changed the path to a new folder that I made

/public_html/YourSite.com/sessions

All errors went away.

This fixed my problem hope it helps.

• Like 1

Hello there!

After many hours, I want to share this experience in case anyone in 2023 finds this information useful.

It is definitely a server issue, not a Prestashop issue.

There are several ways to detect the problem, you have to try one or all ways until you find the break.

There are 2 places where users and/or groups are configured:

Nginx and PHP (with or without FPM)

Sessions are normally found in original php route, although after trying other ways, you can choose a specific route without problems.

In one of the tests I changed /var/lib/php/session to this other route /usr/share/nginx/html/session without problems.

That route can exist in more than one location.

/etc/php.ini
/etc/php-fpm.conf
/etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf

There are servers or linux distributions that have different configurations.

For example, I saw in many forums that the solution was to change the php.ini and change session_path to /tmp, but sometimes that place is the wrong one, because that configuration is handled by FPM if that is your case.

Within the path /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf you will find the option
php_value[session.save_path], and that's where you should modify a new path (only if it makes sense to you), because it's not necessary in many cases.

The main problem has to do with the console users that you have configured in nginx.conf and/or the PHP or PHP-FPM configuration files.

Review user, group and permissions of:

/usr/share/nginx/html/ (Or the path that points to your prestashop home)

/var/lib/php/ (or the equivalent path on your operating system)

/var/lib/nginx/  (or the equivalent path on your operating system)

After that, check the users who are running Nginx, PHP or PHP-FPM to confirm if they are the same. You can use anyone, apache, nginx, ec2-user, etc.

The username and group is just an example, use the one that suits you best and define it with security in mind.

In theory it is not necessary to modify the php.ini, in my case at least, after modifying it 100 times, I was able to verify that it is not required at all.

If you use PHP-FPM as in my case, the files you should import are php-fpm.conf or www.conf, In those 2 you will find everything you need, user and group.

In my case these two option didn't add value at all, so I left them disabled.

;listen.owner = nginx
;listen.group = nginx

The only one that worked for me was this:

listen.acl_users = apache,nginx

If you have listen.acl_users turned on, the listen.owner and listen.group options will be ignored.

With all this information you should review the following:

Example:

user nginx; on /etc/nginx/nginx.conf or the equivalent path

user=nginx and group=nginx on /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf or the equivalent path

sudo chown -R nginx:nginx /var/lib/nginx/ or the equivalent path

sudo chown -R /var/lib/php/ or the equivalent path

sudo chown -R nginx:nginx /usr/share/nginx/html/ or the equivalent path

You should also review the read and write permissions that the folders and files have, because depending on the server or hosting, 755 is required.

It always stops Nginx and PHP-FPM after modifying those parameters.

You must clear the cache of the "cache" folder in Prestashop, or you may get a Doctrine error or similar.

Users must have read and write permissions, paths must authorize those users, and files must have read and write permissions. Sometimes the user running PHP has permissions to start the service and access their logs or sessions, but they don't have permissions to the prestashop HTML folders.

I hope this helps someone.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'll be happy to add something if you ask or request it.