Logging in

kik-off

Question

17 answers to this question

Annoyed redirection when logging in...

A bad idea, it's a bad idea. No matter where come from. Hope you guys can restore this things because it's seems you're killing the community.

Regards

I think they took out the new version of the web, too premature: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/608961-nouvelle-version-du-site/

Let's hope it's a bug, because now when I log in, it redirects me to the main page, the few users who are lately by the forum, at this step are going to disappear ..

I'm a little sad  :(

It seems that the interest of the Prestashop Company (once the Company Prestashop is "known" in the countries) by the forums has gradually fallen......

It is true that there is no longer the same activity as in the past, but the Prestashop Company has not made significant progress in recent years to improve forums (I speak of changes that give more importance to the forum (the comunity), not a change of design.)

Sorry for my English,
Edited by nadie (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Well.. community are dead.

It's not because it takes a lot of time to fix the issues on the .com & forum that the community is dead. We still have a lot of people active on the forum.

I think they took out the new version of the web, too premature: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/608961-nouvelle-version-du-site/

Let's hope it's a bug, because now when I log in, it redirects me to the main page, the few users who are lately by the forum, at this step are going to disappear ..

I'm a little sad  :(

I understand your point of view and I agree with you Nadie. The thing is we need first to fix the issues on prestashop.com (it's our priority for now) then the forum. We're doing well on the .com but I agree on the fact that we still have several issues.

I'm repeating this often but note again that this forum has been tweaked a lot. It's quite hard to fix issues without creating another one.

You're probably going to ask me how we can fix all these issues. We're currently discussing this with the webmarketing team. Once most of the issues are fixed on the .com, I hope that we will be able to focus on the forum. 

Antoine

It's not because it takes a lot of time to fix the issues on the .com & forum that the community is dead. We still have a lot of people active on the forum.

Antoine

Hi mister Flavigny,

i don't want to discuss the evident... but what community you refer to?

This one?

post-25670-0-47238700-1496845672_thumb.png

Or this other?

post-25670-0-86996900-1496845723_thumb.png

Regards

• Like 1

Hi mister Flavigny,

i don't want to discuss the evident... but what community you refer to?

This one?

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla de 2017-06-07 16-22-13.png

Or this other?

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla de 2017-06-07 16-24-42.png

Regards

Hello Kik-off,

As you can see in the list at the bottom of the main page of the forum, all people that participate (or are online) aren't shown. For instance, you have posted at 4;31 pm (so you're in the 25min required to be shown in this list) and you're not listed. So I guess, this is a bug.

Hello Kik-off,

As you can see in the list at the bottom of the main page of the forum, all people that participate (or are online) aren't shown. For instance, you have posted at 4;31 pm (so you're in the 25min required to be shown in this list) and you're not listed. So I guess, this is a bug.

Sorry mister Flavigny, but I'm first on the list... see the second attachment. What happen about to the first attachment?, always shown 1515 users online.

Regards

Each user sees himself&herself first in the list. :)

I have no idea concerning the first attachment & reported it to the team. Thanks!

Okis now i understand you... thanks.

And what about the redirection to the homepage after login?. Sometimes the redirection go to /en to /pl, /nl, its seem to be a bug.

Regards

Antoine, to ask here,  why you did not have test version for example for a week open to  small part of people,

like volunteers or moderators. You saw how much issues we discovered first day V4 was out.

And it is true it is tweaked a lot but don't you have those tweaks documented?

I remember both v2 and v3 when released did not had top recent post and that was added after some time.

• Like 1

Antoine, to ask here,  why you did not have test version for example for a week open to  small part of people,

like volunteers or moderators. You saw how much issues we discovered first day V4 was out.

And it is true it is tweaked a lot but don't you have those tweaks documented?

I remember both v2 and v3 when released did not had top recent post and that was added after some time.

We did several tests but we didn't get enough time to do it well (we focused our tests heavily on the .com). You're right, we could ask volunteers or moderators indeed but we didn't have the time to do it (plus NDA signatures etc...) Also, we didn't expect these bugs on the forum.

Concerning the tweaks, they aren't all documented. :(

Any chance to fix the forum css and small bugs one day ???....

Incredible Presta Team... always amuse me !! Why do care so less about the community and the tools used by it ? Please ask one of your programmer in Tunisia to fix it ASAP :P

Any chance to fix the forum css and small bugs one day ???....

Incredible Presta Team... always amuse me !! Why do care so less about the community and the tools used by it ? Please ask one of your programmer in Tunisia to fix it ASAP :P

Haha. As I said above, the good news is coming soon.