Weird image issues when importing CSV

I am having a multitude of issues with images when importing products and combinations. As an example, I have a product with two combinations. I have one image URL at the product level, and I have three image URLs at the combinations level. They are assigned to image positions 2, 3, and 4 for both combinations, but the Image URL field is left blank for the second combination. When I import, I get the following warning:

• No image was found for combination with id_product = 6528 and image position = 234.

When I look at the product images, I can see all four images, but images 2, 3, and 4 are not selected for the second combination. Other than that, it looks fine in the admin panel. I'm hoping not to have to go through and select all these manually after importing.

The other issue may or may not be related. When I imported this product CSV, I set "Delete all products before import" to "YES". When I preview my product now, it shows the images from what used to be the first four products.

So my two questions are 1) how do I make sure the combination images are properly selected, and 2) how to I get the images to refresh on the product page?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.