error 404 when adding image to description

Hi

When I try to add an image to the short or long product description field on my product page I get redirected to a error 404 page after trying to save.

My auto updates are switched off and no one worked on the site. This just started for no reason at all. Below are a list of the things I have tried so far.

1. I've made a duplicate of my site on another domain The same problem appeared on the duplicate site.
  2. Updated the duplicate site to version 1.6.1.13
  3. Updated all modules.
  4. Loaded an older version of Chrome
  5. Tried different Browsers.
  6. Tried Different computers and Operating systems.

Current Prestashop version: 1.6.1.5

Please assist :(

Edited by MarlboroMan (see edit history)

1) How are you adding the images ? You should use the editor to add images. Alternatively you can use a link, if the picture is already on the server.

post-741527-0-34112600-1494159423_thumb.png

For to add picture as a link, you use the HTML-Editor (on editor the icon </> ) and add it by <a href="http:xxxxxxx">

2) Friendly URL activated ? your server has mod_rewrite installed ?

3) If you are adding images from local machine, than you should first upload them with the editor option. These pictures are stored on FTP /img/cms. This folder should have writing permissions (at least chmod 0750)

Thanks for the reply.

I normally add images to the large description field by using the editor after uploading them to the server.

The problem is that after I have inserted the image using the editor I receive the 404 error when trying to save. I have lots of product on my site where I have done this before but this problem only started yesterday.

If your updates didn't worked as well, than your server is not configured to run Prestashop. I presume that there are several restrictions set on the time of php modules on server named below. Check with your provider if the min requirements I named are set on your server:

• magic_quotes_gpc = off
  • memory_limit = 256M (ideal: 512M - PS 1.6.)
  • max_execution_time = 300
  • max_input_time = 300
  • upload_max_filesize = 20M
  • post_max_size = 20M
  • max_input_vars = 10000
  • allow_url_fopen = on
  • safe_mode = off
  • mod_rewrite
  • mod_security = off
  • php 5.4.5+

Also firewalls on server should be disabled or better configured, for to don't block scripts Prestashop are using. Here you need to read the error-logs of the server, to be sure what is running wrong.

Thanks for the reply.

I normally add images to the large description field by using the editor after uploading them to the server.

The problem is that after I have inserted the image using the editor I receive the 404 error when trying to save. I have lots of product on my site where I have done this before but this problem only started yesterday.

You should ask your provider, if they made some updates or changes on the server.