admin keeps logging me out

Ajike

• 5 months later...
Hi ya’ll, I am also having trouble logging into my prestashop back office (v1.6.1.8). I keep being logged out.

The way I am going around it is to clear my cache on my browser (chrome or Safari). Then it works. But after about 30 minutes, I click on somewhere in the back office and boom I am logged out again.

Then I have to clear my browser cache/history again. I do this about 20 times per day. Sometimes, clearing the cache doesn’t work immediately so I have to switch browser clear its cache and then it works.

In one forum, I found that the issue was probably connected with the cookie IP checking. So I went to the Administration > Preferences and disabled “Check the cookie’s IP address”

Also Lifetime of back office cookies is set up to 480 hours which should be enough.

Unfortunately, this has not really solved the problem. Any ideas how can I fix this? 
Edited by fpto (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I know it's been a while since the last answer in this topic but I've been through this yesterday and wasted a couple of hours so I hope I could help anyone in the same situation than mine's.

My problem/environment
I've launched an AWS EC2 and installed Apache2 + PHP 7.2 + PrestaShop 1.7.6 and been through this error. The answer is the one pointed here (in another topics): you should disable the IP Checking on cookies in backoffice. What isn't clear anywhere is that at least in my case I couldn't change the option in the BO because I couldn't even login (any link I click logs me out again) to change the option.
I have an Elastic IP to my EC2 but at this very moment it wasn't associated yet. It may be the problem, but I've not tested.

My solution
Login in the mysql (with mysql CLI or phpMyAdmin) and update the configuration row PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP on table yourprefix_configuration like this:

UPDATE yourprefix_configuration SET value = 0 WHERE name = 'PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP';

Hope it helps.

Regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• 1 month later...

I had issue with Prestashop version 1.7.6 first time i login admin dashboard - whatever link/tab i click admin  dashboard logged out. I tried deleting smarty cache manually, increased cookie limit(file), disabled ip check(file)... nothing works.  finally this one did it.

thanks a lot

UPDATE yourprefix_configuration SET value = 0 WHERE name = 'PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP';

Edited by salim72562 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Thanks a lot for the solution. I ll try that. I have the same problem. Also when customers are in the cart or click the checkout button they are forwarded to homepage. Or they cant login.. Is this something related to this?