Catalog rules work only without condition ps 1.7.1

Dear all, 

i'm tryng to apply a new specific cart rule that will discount by percentage a specific category of mine shop, if i add the rule whitout any condition it work and all the items in the shop will discounted, but if i add a condition (it can be indifferently a category, size, brand...) the rule doesn't work anymore.

Someone has encounter the same problem?

Attached the rule config, but the strange thing is whitout any condition it work, whit one it doesn't...

post-1325736-0-40773100-1493482782_thumb.png

Hi Nemo, i've created a new developing website and install theme and module as the production website and logically here work rules work fine! :(

Is there a way to test the query the fornt office execute to display an article and check if there is something in the db corrupted?

I've find a difference in a query return the specific price article between the two website installed, in the preduction website it doesn't take the id_product and doesn't return anything:

SELECT SQL_NO_CACHE *, ( IF (`id_group` = 3, 2, 0) + IF (`id_country` = 10, 4, 0) + IF (`id_currency` = 1, 8, 0) + IF (`id_shop` = 1, 16, 0) + IF (`id_customer` = 1, 32, 0)) AS `score`
FROM `ps_specific_price`
WHERE
`id_shop` IN (0, 1) AND
`id_currency` IN (0, 1) AND
`id_country` IN (0, 10) AND
`id_group` IN (0, 3) AND `id_product` = 0 AND `id_customer` = 0 AND `id_product_attribute` = 0 AND (`from` = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR '2017-05-06 00:00:00' >= `from`) AND (`to` = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR '2017-05-06 00:00:00' <= `to`)
AND IF(`from_quantity` > 1, `from_quantity`, 0) <= 1 ORDER BY `id_product_attribute` DESC, `id_cart` DESC, `from_quantity` DESC, `id_specific_price_rule` ASC, `score` DESC, `to` DESC, `from` DESC LIMIT 1

While in develop website the id_product as a value (also a difference between the statment, production use the '=' while dev use 'IN ()' but it doesn't influence the result)

SELECT SQL_NO_CACHE *, ( IF (`id_group` = 1, 2, 0) + IF (`id_country` = 10, 4, 0) + IF (`id_currency` = 1, 8, 0) + IF (`id_shop` = 1, 16, 0) + IF (`id_customer` = 0, 32, 0)) AS `score`
FROM `ps_specific_price`
WHERE
`id_shop` IN (0, 1) AND
`id_currency` IN (0, 1) AND
`id_country` IN (0, 10) AND
`id_group` IN (0, 1) AND `id_product` IN (0, 355) AND `id_customer` = 0 AND `id_product_attribute` = 0 AND (`from` = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR '2017-05-06 00:00:00' >= `from`) AND (`to` = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR '2017-05-06 00:00:00' <= `to`)
AND IF(`from_quantity` > 1, `from_quantity`, 0) <= 1 ORDER BY `id_product_attribute` DESC, `id_cart` DESC, `from_quantity` DESC, `id_specific_price_rule` ASC, `score` DESC, `to` DESC, `from` DESC LIMIT 1

Both query are taken from SpecificPrice.php that are the same file on both the website...

Now i'm stopping at this point and i can't understand why this difference, can you suggest something?

Edited by cippoco (see edit history)

Yes there is, the threshold is set to 1000 actually

classes/SpecificPrice.php

protected static function filterOutField($fieldName, $fieldValue, $threshold = 1000)

Change the default threshold to like 10k instead

Fabio

• Like 1

Hi Fabio, 

i've found it, i've created also a post under "bug report" forum section because i considered it as a bug, nowhere is explained how it work.

Why there is this limit? I can change it whitout any compromise?

Thank you

Good question, I always wondered myself and it gave me plenty of headaches before finding out what it was.
Anyway I guess it's there to prevent excessive resource leakage, but if your server can handle it, no problem